Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2021

5 hours ago, Endless said:

Base Ganymede makes me fall in love with crispy graphics.

sACYyDq.png

Beautiful. 

Reminds me when I used to browse Doom wad review sites during childhood to drool over the pictures. 

2 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

This image is a bit on the dark side, but made some new SKIN2 variants & other skin-like hellish textures using materials from real skin bruises taken from the photographs of my wife's foot after a horse stepped on it. (it's fully healed now). Her wound has now officially been immortalized as a doom texture.

That's lemons into lemonade, right there.  I assume she will get full credit in the TXT file...

5 minutes ago, Lutz said:

That's lemons into lemonade, right there.  I assume she will get full credit in the TXT file...

Absolutely, she was laughing hard at it when I first suggested doing this and agreed to share the photos she took of the healing process of the wound with me. :)

2 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

This image is a bit on the dark side, but made some new SKIN2 variants & other skin-like hellish textures using materials from real skin bruises taken from the photographs of my wife's foot after a horse stepped on it. (it's fully healed now). Her wound has now officially been immortalized as a doom texture.

You know it's true love when this kind of thing is not only considered hilarious but acceptable.

6 hours ago, Kristian Nebula said:

real skin bruises taken from the photographs of my wife's foot

Talk about feet pics.

Don't mind the gaping hole on the right

etrn26.png.9f6503c9abc58f95efc1164a147efbd8.png

Edited by Wavy

On 7/16/2021 at 11:59 AM, OniriA said:

Beautiful. 

Reminds me when I used to browse Doom wad review sites during childhood to drool over the pictures. 

You did that too? Awesome. @Andy Olivera and his doom review site was my goto when I didn't even have a PC, used to look at it at friends places. Also Base Ganymede is a wonderful mapset.

@exl Your images aren't embedding, I have to open the images in a new tab to see them.

Looking super nice though, just the right amount of extra detail to really lift the scenery without making it look excessive.

20 hours ago, Jimmy said:

@exl Your images aren't embedding, I have to open the images in a new tab to see them.

Probably because they weren't hosted somewhere that supports HTTPS. I need to fix that someday, but replaced them for now.

On 6/23/2021 at 11:50 PM, QuotePilgrim said:

Haha, I can't wait to watch David playing that one. Hopefully he's already played it and will post the video soon, otherwise I might have just spoiled it for him.

he wont play it. he did update 60 and said it was the last one and he wont be playing all ramp maps. also he doesnt hunt for secrets.

Just now, CBM said:

he wont play it. he did update 60 and said it was the last one and he wont be playing all ramp maps

Lol he already did.

3 minutes ago, QuotePilgrim said:

Lol he already did.

ok. which update did he play it in? (going to watch it now then LOL)

10 minutes ago, CBM said:

ok. which update did he play it in? (going to watch it now then LOL)

Also, I could be mistaken but I think he never said he wasn't going to play all maps. So assuming I'm not, that means he must have played all of them given that update 60 is the last one.

EDIT: Yeah at the very end of update 60 he says he has played all maps.

20 minutes ago, QuotePilgrim said:

Also, I could be mistaken but I think he never said he wasn't going to play all maps. So assuming I'm not, that means he must have played all of them given that update 60 is the last one.

EDIT: Yeah at the very end of update 60 he says he has played all maps.

well I added 12 maps to RAMP, 2 got removed and not all of my remaining maps got played by david. he also played one of the maps that got removed.

he played navy, airship, quakeworld, castle of secrets (got removed), memory of e4m4, wet dreams, aztek, monster camp, dop map, hell castle

he never played antivirus, prison camp (got removed)

edit

just saw davids playthrough of derpy doors, hilarious :-)

Edited by CBM

gzfreedoom-3d-monsters.png

not done with all the levels in phase 1 (doom 1) ... but couldn't help it, I HAD to do some 3D monsters in Maverick (I love that program)...

and then I remembered that the spider master mind is doom 2 only... so my big ant robot becomes the cyber demon instead

EDIT

whoopsie, spider master mind is also in DOOM 1... So I just made a 3D model for that monster in GZFreeDOOM as well.. 8 legs this time

spidermasterbot.png

also... the spider slug should likely be called an ant slug or something and I might remove its two unused hinges and the birdboxbot will likely evolve in to a r2d2 like robot or maybe draw inspiration from other starwars robots

Edited by CBM

here is the first ingame shot of spider master sentry bot

Screenshot-Doom-20210728-004116.png

need to figure out if I can get the textures to look closer ingame to the the look they have in the 3d editor