Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CorianderCastor

Why'd you choose your title?

I just watched that DOOM Eternal review | Alpha Male gaming | Amogus edition and I kept dying whenever he called Doomguy "John DOOM"

I didn't choose the title, the title chose me.

Heh, I got this some time ago when one of the admins (possibly Ling?) was bored and handing them out. It's semi-unintentional, but it fits so well that I was happy with it regardless.

Because I have a sona in my avatar.

His name is Towelunn and he's a Mountain Fox. In Latin it be Vulpes Montanus

Not a furry, but a foxboy (kitsune).

Spoiler

My username, Taw Tu'lki, also means Mountain Fox, but in turkic languages (Karakalpak language, but I'm tatar, however the words are similar in both languages).

Twitavatar-1.png

Reference.png

1525456234.dagtilki_myfox.png

Edited by Taw Tu'lki

cos I grew up on doom shovelware <3

I was gonna put something serious, or something informative, or at least "Play ztheresa.wad" but frankly why break the habit of a life time and become intelligible

and also, i was really sad that i lost my Nice Member status after posting my 70th post. so, im keeping this one until a better situation arises. (which it probably won't)

I've seen things you wouldn't believe: The constellation of Ore-Ida, Mashteroid belts in orbit, entire starch systems suffering french-fry-ification at the gravy-tational pull of a supermassive chip butty...

I said my current custom title to this immature kid who got cancelled from another community and believe it or not he actually listened and stopped using all caps on everyone.

I just heard I could change this so I hastily thought of a good reference. For the time being I am going with a combination of the thing I'm most known for in the community, and a 2001 quote.

I couldn't think of anything cool so i just thought of the dumbest and randomest name I could think of.

6 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Funny thing is it's actually really hard to get me angry IRL.

*Loque from Unreal Tournament rears his head*

I haven't changed mine. I got it over a decade ago when a mod was offering free titles. I was an idiot when I first joined these forums using the username "KoRn". When given the opportunity for a title, I thought "Korn will release and album called The Nothing in another decade, so let's go with that".

I'd always been hoping that I'd eventually get a custom title after an admin made a funny observation, so I really wasn't very concerned about what it would actually say (unless it turned out to be something I found personally insulting). Upon discovering that I could set my custom title myself, I immediately started thinking about what mine could possibly be. I drew a blank. Then I remembered that just that morning @abunchoftrash had messaged me to congratulate me for being the first person to ever mention the aminé Girls und Panzer on Doomworld. Voilà!

(I've since changed my custom title, it originally said "First person to ever mention 'Girls und Panzer' on Doomworld")

Edited by Skeletonpatch

When I made this account I decided to nerd out a bit over Hildegard von Bingen's lingua ignota. It's one of the first conlangs ever, created by a bad ass 12th century nun. I use words and references to that language as a recurring theme in my online persona.

What we have of the language is incomplete so I have to get creative. I'm a composer but there's no word for that in the language as far as we know. So I wrote 'Tonziz Dunazz Scalizix' which can be translated as: 'Shephard of Shadowy Songs'.

Reverse engineering something from 68000 and porting to PC in a more modern language...