Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

Those settings don't take effect unless you're in complevel 11 or higher. Tweaking them as a user basically goes against the philosophy of dsda-doom and isn't allowed for speedrunning anyway, so I removed them all. They can still be edited by wad authors though, which is their main function.

On 7/16/2021 at 7:15 AM, PBeGood4 said:

This also happens to me

Edit: Might be because of the only partial support of opengl for macos, but the game crashes when switching to open gl, fullscreen or not, starting on 8bit or 32bit. So I cant use opengl in any way. @JustANormie uses opengl fine iirc (he also has a mac).

Here is my config file

dsda-doom.cfg.zip

I have been summoned(lol jk)

Yep, I can use OpenGL perfectly fine in DSDA-Doom. It may be because PBeGood4 has an M1 Chip and that I have an Intel(Although I'm not exactly sure)

Hello. Forgive me if this has been reported or is known.

I was just using the Rewind feature a bunch in BTSX E1, using dsda-doom-0.19.6, and just came across an issue where (if i remember correctly) I 

1. hit rewind (i have set to 2 second frames)
  2. immediately switched weapons (i think i used scrollwheel, but not sure, not that it matters)

When this happened a 'blank' nothing appeared as the weapon. I could not switch weapon, IDFA, or anything, and the fire key did nothing. Dying does reset to pistol though and the issue is fixed that way.

Also I'm not 100% sure, but I think I tried to rewind to before the weapon vanished, which did not work to restore the weapon.

Unfortunately I don't have demo or video recording, but I was able to hit Save afterward which did store the state. I also included .cfg file and my PowerShell command

https://www.mediafire.com/file/k2gwr2t4i815ucn/dsda-doom-savegame1-withconfig.zip/file

I also had a few problems with rewind, but its such a cool feature, that i dont care about any problems with it

The story text at the end of E4 does not seem to show up in DSDA-Doom when using Ultimate Midi Pack and just skips to Doomguy holding the rabbit head. It works fine in Crispy Doom and ZDoom ports. Is it something to do with the UMAPINFO?

14 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

The story text at the end of E4 does not seem to show up in DSDA-Doom when using Ultimate Midi Pack and just skips to Doomguy holding the rabbit head. It works fine in Crispy Doom and ZDoom ports. Is it something to do with the UMAPINFO?

Sounds like it.

Hello, I came to report a few things:

- This I noticed today, when I was playing and accidentally pressed the zoom-in key, the screen went like this. If I kept zooming in, I'd see the frame shrinking of course as it should, but always that texture displayed. This though happens only in OpenGL and not in software mode, that I checked multiple times with different wads. 

- So, this also used to happen in glboom+ 2.5.1.4 and 2.5.1.5, it's what GarrettChan reported, basically if I've been playing a bit while in OpenGL and I switch to software 32bit or 8bit, or viceversa, the executable sometimes crashes with a "I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal: Signal 11" message, and I say "sometimes" because it's unsure when that'll happen, but if it's of any reference I get that crash very easily in m05 of this wad, and not for example playing the first two maps in doom 2. 

- Also in that same map, while still in OpenGL, when I wanted to take a screenshot (of a place that had a missing texture) the game crashed with the message "Z_Free: freed a pointer without ZONEID", which I don't recall ever getting in glboom+ so it was new for me.

So, if there's anything else that I can share that'd be helpful to track this issues better, please let me know. 

Another bug I found is that, using the OpenGL renderer and widescreen assets, the screen freaks out when reducing the screen size, it works fine in software. And yes, it happens with all the aspect ratios. This is what I mean (It happens with all the IWADS, not just with FreeDoom). Is it just me?

399613759_Capturadepantallade2021-07-1719-24-16.png.feb8ac579ae4ee4c079f22b086d52c09.png

930135924_Capturadepantallade2021-07-1719-24-27.png.e60694adbcf33cae127852b4d6f4b929.png

The zoom issue is in pr+um as well I think, so it should probably be reported there. I'll take a look though - I think the issue was introduced somewhat recently.

Just have downloaded v0.19.7, so I have two issues:

One has been reported by @Lol 6, it is present in v0.19.7, but not in my previous downloaded DSDA (0.18.0, I believe), or PR/GL 2.5.1.4

The half-blurred image I got by turning on Textured Mode On + Overlay Mode On in OpenGL video mode.

The automap settings in both DSDA versions are identical, if that's of any importance.

Another thing bothering me - it's impossible to assign weapon hotkey to MWHEELUP/DOWN. This issue is present in both DSDAs, works fine in PR/GL 2.5.1.4. The cfg file structure differs in regards to key mapping, I presume it's being read somehow wrong.

doom00.png

doom01.png

I have a question, is the command line for external dehacked patches different than "-deh"? Maybe it's specified somewhere in the patch notes, but I couldn't find any information, or maybe there's a new way to load them?.

The reason I ask is because I've noticed my deh file doesn't work when I'm loading wads that already have internal dehacked lumps. The change in my deh applies specifically to the spiderdemon getting a hitbox reduction, which is only for my own's usage. I checked on OG doom 2 and it did work, also in the latest prboom+ (2.6u) and it worked as well. 

On 7/28/2021 at 8:48 AM, Brutal Doomer said:

Another thing bothering me - it's impossible to assign weapon hotkey to MWHEELUP/DOWN. This issue is present in both DSDAs, works fine in PR/GL 2.5.1.4. The cfg file structure differs in regards to key mapping, I presume it's being read somehow wrong.

Weapon swapping is based on the input being held down when the game engine processes a frame. It's actually an error in old versions of pr+ that allows you to use the mouse wheel for this class of input.

13 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

I have a question, is the command line for external dehacked patches different than "-deh"? Maybe it's specified somewhere in the patch notes, but I couldn't find any information, or maybe there's a new way to load them?.

The reason I ask is because I've noticed my deh file doesn't work when I'm loading wads that already have internal dehacked lumps. The change in my deh applies specifically to the spiderdemon getting a hitbox reduction, which is only for my own's usage. I checked on OG doom 2 and it did work, also in the latest prboom+ (2.6u) and it worked as well. 

Can you tell me exactly how you're launching the game? What parameters? Which files? And can you post them? There shouldn't be a difference in how these ports process the deh files.

5 hours ago, kraflab said:

Can you tell me exactly how you're launching the game? What parameters? Which files? And can you post them? There shouldn't be a difference in how these ports process the deh files.

Sure. This is the deh: dehspid.zip

How I lunch the game: dsda-doom.exe -file X.wad -deh spidy.deh

Where "X" was for example yesterday this wad (you can warp to map 20 and noclip to east, see in prb+ the spider seems "less confined" which is the intended behavior from the patch), but I also noticed before playing this other wad (warp 03 to see).

Here's my config file in case it helps in anything: dsdaconfig.zip

No idea if this was reported somewhere else, but the arrow keys on the automap are "sticky." When follow mode is turned off and I try to pan around the map it acts as though I'm holding down a direction when I just press it. It also doesn't go back into follow mode when I press F until I reopen the automap, though it still prints the "Follow Mode On" string.

7 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

No idea if this was reported somewhere else, but the arrow keys on the automap are "sticky." When follow mode is turned off and I try to pan around the map it acts as though I'm holding down a direction when I just press it. It also doesn't go back into follow mode when I press F until I reopen the automap, though it still prints the "Follow Mode On" string.

I can't reproduce it. Are you on 0.19.7?

1 minute ago, kraflab said:

I can't reproduce it. Are you on 0.19.7?

I downloaded the latest continuous integration build, so that's probably the difference.

You shouldn't ever use a random build from github, they're likely to be partially or completely broken

Is it possible to have the projectile translucency setting work across complevels? It's already implemented in the 2.6um fork.

15 hours ago, Spectre01 said:

Is it possible to have the projectile translucency setting work across complevels? It's already implemented in the 2.6um fork.

I don't currently have any plans to change the restrictions for what complevel can have what effects.

I just attempted to load a saved game in 0.20.0 that I have of Eviternity that was done with 0.19.7, and I get an error "P_TrueUnarchiveSpecials: Unknown tc 254 in extraction".  Does anyone know what this means?  I don't want to have to start my game over again and I'd prefer to be on the latest version of the port.

I can provide my savegame file if necessary.

Edited by Bytefyre

Thanks for the update. I almost wanted to report that translucency toggle thing, but it seems it doesn't work from the beginning and got removed, so that solved my problem.

8 minutes ago, kraflab said:

You won't be able to load any old save files, forgot to mention that :^)

No worries...I guess I can wait until I get to the end of the current chapter before upgrading.

The toggle felt a bit redundant to me (you can also adjust opacity) and the translucency should be on when it's supposed to be and off when it isn't (that's still the case).