Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 hour ago, GarrettChan said:

DSDA-Doom 0.19.3, UV, No mod.

I picked up the Soulsphere during the first fight and I entered the last fight with 102/0. If that Soulsphere is intended for the last fight, then move it a bit. Maybe the AV is out of range if I'm stuck to the wall, but I didn't actually check.

thanks for the feedback. I fixed the bugs you pointed out: The red door and stuck monsters on MAP03.

The teleports on MAP04 weren't broken, but unreliable if you rush through the level and activate the buttons before clearing out previous monsters. This issue should now be fixed - mostly. Some monsters will still teleport in only if there is room, but they are less reliant on timing now. 

I also added a blue armor to the boss room on MAP04. In playtesting, some people know how to conserve their resources and prepare for the final fight with plently of armour, but a lot of people pick-up the megacharge early, and accidently pick-up the blue armor on the top right. 

I still think the fight can be beat with 102 HP and no armor on UV, but the RNG can really mess you up. It's designed to be short, mean and punishing, especially at UV.

As far as the 'escaping' from fights on MAP02, or the timed teleports on MAP04: These are by design. It's okay to have different tastes when it comes to Doom. This mapset is trying to be diverse, so not every fight might be to your taste, but they don't feel as repetitive as most slaughter maps do. 

Thanks for your feedback. Appreciated!

Replayed Map03 and it works fine right now. I hope the end has a bit more rockets because it ended up SSG-ing a lot of mid tiers. Map03 is my favorite out of all 4 maps for sure, especially that church room with a bit Doom cute of it.

I wasn't saying the last fight of Map04 is unbeatable with 102/0, but I just generally agree with the idea that resource for a particular fight should be placed within the fight instead of requiring the player to conserve resource. For me, when I'm not in real test mode and in blind playthrough, I play very recklessly and I just pick up whatever I see fit in a fight and won't save too much for the next time. It's easy to save 200/200 for the final fight, but I just don't like to load a save and redo everything again.

It's perfectly fine that you don't agree with my taste because my taste is very specific and whether it's fun/challenging to speedrun the map plays a very heavy role in it. That's why I generally don't like timed encounter.

29 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Replayed Map03 and it works fine right now. I hope the end has a bit more rockets because it ended up SSG-ing a lot of mid tiers. Map03 is my favorite out of all 4 maps for sure, especially that church room with a bit Doom cute of it.

I wasn't saying the last fight of Map04 is unbeatable with 102/0, but I just generally agree with the idea that resource for a particular fight should be placed within the fight instead of requiring the player to conserve resource. For me, when I'm not in real test mode and in blind playthrough, I play very recklessly and I just pick up whatever I see fit in a fight and won't save too much for the next time. It's easy to save 200/200 for the final fight, but I just don't like to load a save and redo everything again.

It's perfectly fine that you don't agree with my taste because my taste is very specific and whether it's fun/challenging to speedrun the map plays a very heavy role in it. That's why I generally don't like timed encounter.

thanks for replaying the map! I appreciate your effort and input. 

19 minutes ago, Pistoolkip said:

thanks for replaying the map! I appreciate your effort and input. 

NP. Forgot to say, Map03 triggered all-ghost at the end on my side, :pog:.

Nice little set. Maps look great, reminiscent of Alien Vendetta or some Kaiser maps. Gameplay is fun as well, sufficiently meaty but fast-paced too since you give out the bigger guns pretty early on. Fair difficulty, nothing you can't survive blind but a few encounters are a bit tricky what with the surprise AV's.

Good work and hopefully more maps to come from you in the future.

FDA's in the attachment, played on UV with glboom+ 2.5.1.3. Map03 demo is split into two as I died a couple of times and took a break. v02 is the successful attempt.

FDA_slith_01-04.zip

4 hours ago, Veinen said:

Nice little set. Maps look great, reminiscent of Alien Vendetta or some Kaiser maps. Gameplay is fun as well, sufficiently meaty but fast-paced too since you give out the bigger guns pretty early on. Fair difficulty, nothing you can't survive blind but a few encounters are a bit tricky what with the surprise AV's.

Good work and hopefully more maps to come from you in the future.

FDA's in the attachment, played on UV with glboom+ 2.5.1.3. Map03 demo is split into two as I died a couple of times and took a break. v02 is the successful attempt.

FDA_slith_01-04.zip

thanks! I enjoyed your playthrough, and I did learn a few things from it.

I had a lot of fun in with map03 and the last level, had challenge to it. Also like the look of the wad it gave me ep 3 and 4 vibes.

Hi guys, update 1.04 is now live.

This update is meant to improve coop play by tweaking how certain buttons and doors work. It also adds multiplayer only weapons & items for a better coop experience.

Some visuals were improved, some monsters and traps were improved, and map03 has an additional secret. 

Thanks to @Flambeau for the help! Much appreciated!

We're also setting up a coop server soon to test coop gameplay

Started playing this and died shortly after using the red key on Map02.  I really like what I see hear and will play this over the weekend.   

Tried doing a blind playthrough,  got to Map02 Yellow key  and then getting killed by cacos.  Did recording, but realized how I was playing wouldn't be an entertaining watch.   

What I can say is after looking through it:

Good architectural design.

Can ramp to medium-hard, but has plenty breathing room for everyone.

Traps are expected, though some like Map03's is shoving a cake in your face.

18 minutes ago, Czerny399 said:

Tried doing a blind playthrough,  got to Map02 Yellow key  and then getting killed by cacos.  Did recording, but realized how I was playing wouldn't be an entertaining watch.   

What I can say is after looking through it:

Good architectural design.

Can ramp to medium-hard, but has plenty breathing room for everyone.

Traps are expected, though some like Map03's is shoving a cake in your face.

Thanks for giving it a try! 
Yeah, the maps are harsh at time, especially at UV. What can I say, I like to suddenly shut doors behind you and make you fight for it. Nothing wrong with playing it on Hurt me Plenty for your first (blind) playthrough. 

Hello, I just played your wad on UV with crispy doom. Thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay, the references to OG entryway and underhalls were cute too. The twist you gave to the E4-ish texture scheme with lots of attention to finesse detailing in the architecture really pleased my eyes. I was often reminded of Pysren's way of using curves and support pillars and such, if you don't know who they are I recommend checking their stuff.

So onto the bugs and things...

- Misaligned tex in m03, room before final ambush.

- Found this revenant after killing the finale, not sure when it spawned or from where it did (which off-map closet), or why in that place, but it might be worth tinkering with teleportations. 

- In m04, some monsters never spawned in the cathedral. Upon checking the setup, it appears that the culprit is this cyberdemon's fingers which are stuck and prevent some other sectors from moving properly in vanilla, easy to fix by amputating the fingers resizing his cubicle a bit.

10 hours ago, galileo31dos01 said:

Hello, I just played your wad on UV with crispy doom. Thoroughly enjoyed the gameplay, the references to OG entryway and underhalls were cute too. The twist you gave to the E4-ish texture scheme with lots of attention to finesse detailing in the architecture really pleased my eyes. I was often reminded of Pysren's way of using curves and support pillars and such, if you don't know who they are I recommend checking their stuff.

So onto the bugs and things...

- Misaligned tex in m03, room before final ambush.

- Found this revenant after killing the finale, not sure when it spawned or from where it did (which off-map closet), or why in that place, but it might be worth tinkering with teleportations. 

- In m04, some monsters never spawned in the cathedral. Upon checking the setup, it appears that the culprit is this cyberdemon's fingers which are stuck and prevent some other sectors from moving properly in vanilla, easy to fix by amputating the fingers resizing his cubicle a bit.

Thanks for the feedback! Appreciate it.
I'll see if I can fix the bugs.

If you intent on playing this please download the newest version. The previous one had a bug that prevented you from completing MAP03

Also, I just uploaded the WAD to idgames. I thought I was going to finish a fifth level but I just decided I need to move on to new projects instead. 

Good times - my wife made a smoothie for me at the end and I died a lot - I probably shouldn't have wasted all those rockets eh

Hey there hey

I'm really enjoying your maps eh

Things were good for a bit but then I got my ass handed to me the further I got

I enjoyed the challenge - it always felt possible and not unfair - excessive fights that are POSSIBLE - I enjoyed figuring them out - enjoy my suffering - good times

you can tell these maps are tried tested and true - the layout was perfect for the combat scenarios including the epic finale where they spread all over

great time

3 hours ago, Clippy said:

Hey there hey

I'm really enjoying your maps eh

Things were good for a bit but then I got my ass handed to me the further I got

I enjoyed the challenge - it always felt possible and not unfair - excessive fights that are POSSIBLE - I enjoyed figuring them out - enjoy my suffering - good times

you can tell these maps are tried tested and true - the layout was perfect for the combat scenarios including the epic finale where they spread all over

great time

Awesome! This is the map that started it all. What started out as a bad deathmatch map 15 years ago, grew into a single player experience with parts that were awesome and parts that just didn't work, that I picked up and started polishing when I got back into Doom a year ago.

Yeah, it's a labour of love, and in many ways, a map that dictated my style and profiency as a mapper. A map that taught me how to map, and taught me what makes a good Doom map. 

So thanks for your kind words!

Map 4 was great - I loved it. Despite the very last fight which I thought was quite mean - I had a blast with the main arena in the thumbnalil. I am glad I found this short - it's glorious! You really know how to make splended big arena fight scenes - the right way - this is not just monster spam, it's well thought out!

I can't wait for you to make more of these

Just finished my play-through of this, instant favorite. Great job! The only part I didn't like was the last encounter, I think putting a BFG on the elevator would have made it far more tolerable, but overall it's a great map pack.

Might play this as my first wad of doom after months on break, however, I’m not sure if I’ll complete it anyways because I was bad at Doom before I took the break and now I’m rusty so… yeah, so maybe I’ll play this as my first wad in a while. It looks great from what I’ve seen though 

This is fantastic work. I meant to play it earlier; and I wish I did because I loved it! Megawad when? :D

3 hours ago, Bri said:

This is fantastic work. I meant to play it earlier; and I wish I did because I loved it! Megawad when? :D

I am a sloooow mapper, and this takes a ton of time as I am very picky when it comes to the visuals.

That said, one additional map is almost done, and another is half-done

Maybe this will end up as 6 or 7, or maybe the full 9. We'll see.