Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CBM

Booked - A GZDoom-compatible CP where we do things by a preselected map title

Interesting. So do we choose the map slot, because it says that, but then says that you will choose it.

If we choose it, can I do map 20? Even though I'm in the other CP.

7 minutes ago, Engired said:

Interesting. So do we choose the map slot, because it says that, but then says that you will choose it.

If we choose it, can I do map 20? Even though I'm in the other CP.

yes you can be in both, and yes you may have map slot 20 :-)

and I will try to clarify the topic post.

@CBM I've never done a gzdoom map before, so I'll take map02. I'll have to finish the other map though so expect me to be the last to submit something here.

2 minutes ago, NeedHealth said:

@CBM I've never done a gzdoom map before, so I'll take map02. I'll have to finish the other map though so expect me to be the last to submit something here.

Cool and thats totally fine... there is no rush (yet), map slot 2 is yours.

sound interesting, I think I take MAP31, since I've seen too much mountain currently, and recently have an idea of a battle in a volcano

Spoiler

though i dunno how to UDMF

I figure I should let you know about this still being on your OP, which contradicts your rule about participating mappers picking the slot they want (and gives away the blatant copy-paste of my OP from the Literalism thread):

2 hours ago, CBM said:

Map slots will be filled out in order of confirmation of participation. That means no reserving specific map slots!

Anyway, I'm happy that Literalism inspired a CP of a similar kind and I haven't done UDMF mapping in a while, so I'll bite. Slap me down for MAP12.

1 hour ago, lokbustam257 said:

sound interesting, I think I take MAP31, since I've seen too much mountain currently, and recently have an idea of a battle in a volcano

Hide contents

though i dunno how to UDMF

1 hour ago, lokbustam257 said:

also, where the secret exit should be place? I mean it's UDMF fornat

MAP 31 is yours :-D

Well, I figure that maps 15 and 31 should have secret exits as well as regular exits just like Doom 2. But its up to you where you wish to place the exits in your level.

Edited by CBM

20 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

I figure I should let you know about this still being on your OP, which contradicts your rule about participating mappers picking the slot they want (and gives away the blatant copy-paste of my OP from the Literalism thread):

Anyway, I'm happy that Literalism inspired a CP of a similar kind and I haven't done UDMF mapping in a while, so I'll bite. Slap me down for MAP12.

I figured that it seemd more people than you had map slots for was drawn to your project so I figured a UDMF version would be fun :-)

I will fix my OP ASAP :-)

Map 12 is yours and sorry about my blatent copy paste of your OP and the subsequent copy pasta errors :-D

Edited by CBM

1 hour ago, SilverMiner said:

Hi!

I take map25

map 25 is yours :-)

Could I possibly get Map 09? Would love some space pyramids

Is there any kind of theme we should follow like i was reading the map names and i was like "i like the names but dose he want a theme to them or can we go hog wild?"

If there's not piratical theme to the maps then i might jump on this project but i don't know UDMF map format (haven't used it, i can learn how to) Besides i've been itching to do another map anyways since i'm on a hold on a wad i'm doing solo (personal) and a community project wad.

If slot one isn't taken i'll give it a shot. Just need to know what theme and what kind of layout you want in it.  

21 minutes ago, SynDoom said:

Could I possibly get Map 09? Would love some space pyramids

Its yours :-D

8 minutes ago, xScavengerWolfx said:

Is there any kind of theme we should follow like i was reading the map names and i was like "i like the names but dose he want a theme to them or can we go hog wild?"

If there's not piratical theme to the maps then i might jump on this project but i don't know UDMF map format (haven't used it, i can learn how to) Besides i've been itching to do another map anyways since i'm on a hold on a wad i'm doing solo (personal) and a community project wad.

If slot one isn't taken i'll give it a shot. Just need to know what theme and what kind of layout you want in it.  

There is no overall theme so you can just go hog wild :-D

slot 1 is yours :-)

1 minute ago, CBM said:

Thanks! Won't disappoint ;)

2 hours ago, CBM said:

sorry about my blatent copy paste of your OP and the subsequent copy pasta errors :-D

It's all good. c:

4 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

It's all good. c:

I have had trouble getting people interested in community projects myself, so I couldn't help noticing your custom title... LOL :-D

Hey Im a bit new to mapping

I'd like to participate, but idk if Im good enough for it :P

My latest wad:

Spoiler

Could I have MAP07?

I'd like map 13 if possible. Sounds fun.

4 minutes ago, PBeGood4 said:

Hey Im a bit new to mapping

I'd like to participate, but idk if Im good enough for it :P

My latest wad:

Hide contents

Could I have MAP07?

Map 07 / slot 7 is yours :-D

1 minute ago, Bri said:

I'd like map 13 if possible. Sounds fun.

Slot/map 13 is yours :-D

1 minute ago, Engired said:

MIDI only?

Any format supported by GZDoom is fine by me honestly.

But I guess MIDI and MP3 are the most commonly used formats.

Just now, CBM said:

Any format supported by GZDoom is fine by me honestly.

I like using MIDI versions of musics from Rock bands I like (For example Styx), is that ok?

10 minutes ago, Demondice said:

Mind if I sneak in and steal map16?

Not at all... Its yours :-)

10 minutes ago, PBeGood4 said:

I like using MIDI versions of musics from Rock bands I like (For example Styx), is that ok?

When it is a MIDI then there shouldnt be any problems regarding copyright... as long as everybody avoid using MP3 music files of copyrighted music then we should be fine

Edited by CBM

56 minutes ago, MidnightMage said:

I'd like to claim "the bone ward" slot 3 please.

10 hours ago, CBM said:

There is no overall theme so you can just go hog wild :-D

slot 1 is yours :-)

Sweet. Hope you don't mind if i use UDB (Ultimate Doom Builder) i'm using Boom: Doom 2 map format because i don't know how UDMF work.

Edited by xScavengerWolfx