Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SLOTH MARINE (CB)

Do you ever listen to music while mapping?

Do you listen to music while mapping?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Do you listen to music while mapping?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I usually do listen to music when making a Doom map (hell I have playlist for that one purpose) but does anyone else? And if you do what kind of music do you listen to when mapping?

I tend to listen to lots of djent/metal when I map, especially when livestreaming. It keeps me focused and I've found viewers and I really bond over music.

I don't listen to music while mapping because I'm afraid that my dumb computer will freeze while I'm in the middle of mapping something.

I listen to all kinds of albums, playlists, mixes and occasionally streams, but when I'm actually testing the map I normally listen to the midi I picked for it because I use it as a main indicator to tell me what the tone and pace of the map should be. If the gameplay or visuals aren't fitting it then something is going wrong.

There are entire albums that I've inextricably linked to certain rooms or regions of maps that I've made. Thought about making an actual graphic layout of some of those one time!

I almost never don't listen to music. I don't have specific "mapping music" so what I listen to while mapping is just what I listen to, which is mostly rock umbrella stuff.

I find the times that I try to map without music I get a lot less done than when I do listen to music, so its become a habit to throw something on when I really want to focus in on it.

I used to, but after a while, I got tired of turning it off to test.  So I stopped listening while working.

Whether mapping or doing schoolwork, I've usually found myself getting distracted by the music and not getting much done. So I usually have to tailor to music that doesn't have high tempo/energy or songs that aren't my most favorite if I'm looking for background noise. It isn't very often that I try to find such things, though.

I map in silence.

This is my personal mapping playlist, 12 hours of action packed Darksynth. No "glitchy", chiptune, moody or horny songs like most synthwave playlists and radios around, only the most aggressive songs from the best composers, classics and new stuff alike.

isten to it on random. I also use this to introduce Darksynth to friends that never listened to it.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0XMiP0RHQmQPgWDI8aaBGM

Edited by Sergeant_Mark_IV

I usually listen to midis from other wads, especially those from HR2. Gets me in the right mood.

Not particularly. Most of the time it's typically nothing but the sound of my pain and suffering. /s

Seriously though, most of the time I map in silence. But I do listen to Touhou music if I'm in the mood.

Edited by Wavy

In the past I didn't but lately its been what ever youtube puts into my audio mixes and its mostly euro beat and DragonForce

Not just music, but sometimes I have streams on the background, usually long ones and when there's not much visual stuff going on (like Vinesauce Joel playing Dwarf Fortress or Game Dev Tycoon)

Typically, no, but when I'm lucky enough to have a midi or tracker module that I want to make a map for, I'll listen to it on and off while mapping. This way, I don't wear it out, yet I listen to it enough to stay in the creative zone the music inspired. I then try to interpret in architecture and combat the feelings the song awoke in me. 

I love music, but while mapping, I usually am in the living room with the laptop on my lap with no music.

I absolutley have to or I can't work.

Often. Sometimes I need silence, but most of the time I listen to something with a vibe similar to the theme and environment I'm mapping for. Metal or Hip-Hop as much as possible.

i either listen to music or watch a stream if there's something interesting on

typically the music i listen to is either progressive/psychedelic rock or midis from other wads