Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavidN

RAMP - Rabbit's All-Comers Mapping project [DONE!!]

7 hours ago, jerrysheppy said:

I know we're all just joking but maybe don't be volunteering David for a second go right now ;)

Yeah, might fancy himself a bit of a break for a spell.

I've been looking forward to this, so I'm glad to see a release! I loved the DUMP series, so seeing a spiritual successor to this was exciting. I still can't believe 200+ maps are in this. Once I finish Perpetual Powers, I do plan on starting this, and I expect it to take me until the end of the year to finish, lol. Considering how often I get to play...

Still, super excited to dig into this!

The sheer number and variety of maps in RAMP is incredible. You’ll have a blast making your way through all of them. 6 of my maps are in there, but I’ve been holding off committing to a playthrough until it was done. I’m as excited as you are - probably more so, since I’ve seen quite a bit of what’s in there.

Hi, first post. Nice to meet ya! Author of Map 52: The Only Way Out is Thru

I'm beyond ecstatic I managed to make my first map, and that it has ended up being in such a HUGE community project, it's quite astounding! I could never have imagined such a feat.

Thank you David for making such a welcoming community project, I don't think I would've completed my map without it :D

Is there still way i can contribute a map to this somehow, i feel really awful about missing this :(

1 hour ago, Mystic 256 said:

Is there still way i can contribute a map to this somehow, i feel really awful about missing this :(

I am extremely sure there will be a RAMP 2 at some point. After David recovers from what this put him through. But if you don't want to wait you don't really need an excuse to make a map and post it. I'll play it if I see it :)

1 hour ago, Mystic 256 said:

You could always map for the DW Maximum Project project, which is open until the end of the year and runs on similar principles 

3 hours ago, Mystic 256 said:

In addition to the Doomworld Maximum Project that Obsidian posted, TimeofDeath also started Doomworld Mega Project 2021, which also has a deadline of December 31, 2021 and has the following ultra restrictive rules:

• Make a map during 2021
  • Have fun

So there's two community projects similar to this one that you can join, Maja.

its been a wild ride for me to be part of RAMP but I am glad that 10 of the 12 maps I originally send in are still in RAMP. I am still learning alot about modding doom so I have doubled down on my gzfreedoom project, now that RAMP is over so I have an excuse to continue learning new doom stuff

On 7/30/2021 at 12:23 PM, 1Destro3456 said:

270 MB? This is massive 

I think at least half of it or more is non-midi music :D

5 hours ago, Turin Turambar said:

...Any particular level recommendation?

Too many to play it fully!

The skill and side description of the maps will help you to choose. You can choose easier or harder maps to your liking...

BTW, first video...

26 minutes ago, DavidN said:

Oh dear god we made it. With a long list of little fixes now performed, I'm calling this the V1.0 of RAMP! It's been a long journey (much longer than I anticipated when we started) but we now have a colossal, ludicrous 200-map collection from all kinds of mappers. Thank you so much to everyone who participated - for your creative ideas in the maps as well as seriously load-testing my code for the automatic PK3 compiler :) You've all been part of something truly enormous - for anyone who was introduced to Doom modding through this, I hope you keep mapping enthusiastically!

I hope you enjoy the result - while I go to sleep for a while :)

Congratulations David and everyone else. :D I'll play it when I get chance.

Lol, I just downloaded this yesterday, and now 1.0 is up! Guess I'll have to start over. No biggie, the several maps I've already played I'll do again later.

It's been an honor mapping with you all!  

Now if you don't mind, I've got some gardening to do.

1 hour ago, DavidN said:

Oh dear god we made it. With a long list of little fixes now performed, I'm calling this the V1.0 of RAMP! It's been a long journey (much longer than I anticipated when we started) but we now have a colossal, ludicrous 200-map collection from all kinds of mappers. Thank you so much to everyone who participated - for your creative ideas in the maps as well as seriously load-testing my code for the automatic PK3 compiler :) You've all been part of something truly enormous - for anyone who was introduced to Doom modding through this, I hope you keep mapping enthusiastically!

I hope you enjoy the result - while I go to sleep for a while :)

Thanks for this opportunity

I’ll echo ShallowB by also saying it’s been an honor and a privilege to be involved in such an amazing endeavor.

David has been a not only a zealous champion of first-timers and grizzled mapping veterans alike, but also a mod-scene pioneer with the patience of a saint.

The RAMP map uploader front-end he built, and his 60 YouTube videos where he played through EVERY SINGLE MAP at least once, are testament to how fully committed he was to make RAMP the absolute best All-Comers Mapping Project it could be.

Also this project has brought me in contact with so many other super passionate mappers it makes me far too giddy to think about.

From the intensely detailed conversations we all had about doing something crazy in Zscript, to the sharing of cool visual tricks we learned, and to the collaboration Discord streams we used to help each other build our maps and realize our visions.

It was such a positive collaboration between like-minded peers who all were in it to add collective enjoyment for everyone.

I sincerely hope we do this again some time.

A heartfelt thankyou to absolutely everyone involved.

I too wish to say that its been an honor and a privilege to be part of this project, worts and all.

I look forward to the next installment of RAMP... so David.... next time... 400 maps? :-)

On 7/31/2021 at 9:04 PM, Turin Turambar said:

...Any particular level recommendation?

Too many to play it fully!

David did, several times and then some... remember that there were also maps that did not make it in to RAMP this time around :-)

Following up on the above, I can't pass this by without saying how pleased I am to have been a part of RAMP. Thanks @DavidN and thanks everyone else who contributed and made it such a great experience to be a part of. <3

It was a pleasure to contribute 0.5% of this mapset (!). David has done an extraordinary job on RAMP, going above and beyond what could ever be normally expected of a project lead. Congratulations to David and to everyone who worked on this project. I popped my head into the Discord at one point, but I couldn't possibly keep up with the amount of frenzied activity in there! As the mapset is so enormous, hopefully there will be more streams and videos to better expose more of the maps.

I hope that anybody who decides to make playthrough videos of ramp will put a link in this thread because I would love to see as many of those as possible-

hopefully alot of people will be making ramp videos :-)

I'm late to the party, but congratulations to Dave and all the mappers who contributed to the project. You guys have made Doom history!