Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaws In Space

TNT Forever (formerly Convilution) development thread

@Jaws In Space @P41R47 Good news. I have managed to find out who did the ep3 skies from this old message below.

Spoiler

izGIxu0.png

Jaws, as you already suggested, it was indeed Cage who did the ep3 sky

And credit to @Devalaous for the concept, as you can see from the PM's above.

I have updated the texture pack credits above to include both Cage and Devalous.

Also, spoiler alert, Gez did help us sort 'that' out. ('That' being some tutti frutti issues on a few midtex patches.)

(I have been going through old messages looking for various maps/textures/credits etc etc. I have found some very interesting things, some of which I will share publicly, some of which will have to wait for final release.)

7 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

I don't know if this is offtopic but it's good to see these maps coming out as a big fan of TNT's remakes... is there any news on TNT 2 itself?

We just had a year of the whole world being forced to stay inside and not work, Devilution was supposedly 99% done before all the shit went down, and it still isn't out. What do you think?

1 hour ago, Bucket said:

We just had a year of the whole world being forced to stay inside and not work, Devilution was supposedly 99% done before all the shit went down, and it still isn't out. What do you think?

I don't know that's why I'm asking. But yes last I knew it was being beta tested last year... sigh.

18 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

@Xaser Quick question regarding Outpost by Whoo. Is the version you posted Whoo's revised version of the map? I'm pretty sure that it is, but I know that there's 2 different versions of that map so I'd better be sure.

Yep, this is the newer version. The older one had different areas to the south/east that got trimmed down & remixed. Could post up the old one too if y'all want it; maybe that's something for the eventual "historic archive" batch of stuff once everything's out.

10 hours ago, Bob9001 said:

is there any news on TNT 2 itself?

Yes. I won't be released before it's released.

9 hours ago, Kyka said:

Also, spoiler alert, Gez did help us sort 'that' out. ('That' being some tutti frutti issues on a few midtex patches.)

Ha, I had forgotten about that.

The thing I do always remember about the TNT texture was helping (along with Enjay and AFA) to recreate the Egyptian textures with better color conversion.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Thanks Xaser, thanks to Alter I had most of his maps already, but Chemical Center by Whoo is new to me so that's a bonus. I've gone and gotten permission to use these maps from the folks who are still active. Unearthed Temple is the only one we currently don't have permission to use. We'll be sure to change the name of Brimstone Labs, the red rock of that map kinda clashes with the overall them of the episode so we might be retexturing it, so the name might not even fit anyways.

Poppin' in here randomly but just wanted to chime in and confirm that including those maps of mine is fine by me.

I also forgot that I had created the abomination known as Chemical Center until looking at it again, and as bad as that "canyon" in the east is I think I used to have a version of that map where I thought having one twice as big was a good idea.

34 minutes ago, Whoo said:

Poppin' in here randomly but just wanted to chime in and confirm that including those maps of mine is fine by me.

I also forgot that I had created the abomination known as Chemical Center until looking at it again, and as bad as that "canyon" in the east is I think I used to have a version of that map where I thought having one twice as big was a good idea.

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. I have looked at Chemical Center & it seems that this is a missing teleporter which make the map unbeatable, would there happen to be another version of this map laying around somewhere?

Also for curiosity sake, did you happen to play the version of your map that ended up as level 09 of TNT: Revilution? I'd like to know what you though of the map if you did play it.

11 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Cool, thanks for the confirmation. I have looked at Chemical Center & it seems that this is a missing teleporter which make the map unbeatable, would there happen to be another version of this map laying around somewhere?

I'll have to look around but I believe I probably have a completable version of it somewhere in my backups from back then. I can also look around for some of the earliest maps I did (circa 2009ish), however I think they may be lost to time, which may not be a bad thing as they were pretty bad.

Also for curiosity sake, did you happen to play the version of your map that ended up as level 09 of TNT: Revilution? I'd like to know what you though of the map if you did play it.

I think I remember checking it out a couple years ago. I'll have to go back and revisit it but I remember getting déjà vu playing it as I had completely forgotten about it. Granted I get that feeling with most of my old maps that I've been revisiting as it's been a good 7+ years since I did any mapping.

On 7/26/2021 at 8:28 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Thanks Xaser, thanks to Alter I had most of his maps already, but Chemical Center by Whoo is new to me so that's a bonus. I've gone and gotten permission to use these maps from the folks who are still active. Unearthed Temple is the only one we currently don't have permission to use. We'll be sure to change the name of Brimstone Labs, the red rock of that map kinda clashes with the overall them of the episode so we might be retexturing it, so the name might not even fit anyways.

So here is a zip with a couple of my old levels. The Chemical Center in there looks like it can be finished (but I didn't try playing it), and I also included the original MAP09 for kicks even though that's already been released. I also included what I remember being the very first level I made for TNT 2 (fair warning, it's atrocious), I think it may have also been the very first level to officially be apart of TNT 2 aside from the couple of levels that Alter made. I came across a bunch of nameless in-progress levels that I assume I was working on, but since I can't confirm whose they are I figured it'd be best to leave them out.

whooOldTnt2Maps.zip

Edited by Whoo

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a handful of folks to join the TNT Forever discord server to be playtesters for the project. If you enjoy large sprawling maps like the Drake O'Brien maps of Evilution, or the maps of Eternal Doom & Akeldama then you are the kind of playtester that we are looking for. Just drop a message here if you are interested & I'll message you a link.

1 hour ago, Jaws In Space said:

Hello everyone

I'm looking for a handful of folks to join the TNT Forever discord server to be playtesters for the project. If you enjoy large sprawling maps like the Drake O'Brien maps of Evilution, or the maps of Eternal Doom & Akeldama then you are the kind of playtester that we are looking for. Just drop a message here if you are interested & I'll message you a link.

I'd love to

2 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Hello everyone

I'd be interested in playtesting :)

I enjoyed Revilution, so I look forward to this.

I do hope that the maps in this compilation were not rejected due to being of poor quality, though!

12 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Hello everyone

I'd love to playtest. Especially Drake O'Brien style maps. 

12 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Hello everyone

i am very interested, mostly because i loved revilution to death so playing more would be a beuty!

On 9/5/2021 at 9:18 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Hello everyone

Hello. I'm interested in playtesting the megawad.

Very curious about the rejected maps. :)

On 9/5/2021 at 10:18 PM, Jaws In Space said:

Hello everyone

I'd like to

Hey thanks everyone for volunteering. I'm going to wait until the release of the next build of the wad before I send out any more invites to the Discord. The current version is pretty buggy, but as soon as Kyka sends me some fixes I'll let you all know.

Just posting to say that I am pretty much back, or will be within the next few days. Between being banned and moving house, where I didn't have much in the way of internet for a couple of weeks, I have been unproductive-in-a-Doom-sense for the last month pretty much.

Will be back to being useful around the end of this week.

Thanks for all the interest in TNT Forever everyone. :)

Do not worry. With a title like "TNT Forever", I am sure most, if not all of us are willing to be patient. :P

2 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Do not worry. With a title like "TNT Forever", I am sure most, if not all of us are willing to be patient. :P

Whenever there is "Forever" in a title, you should know it's development is going to last a long time

*cough* DNF *cough* ;)

I can't reveal too much, but so far for playtesting this wad does not disappoint. It feels very much like the sequel that TNT deserves ;)