Find results in...
NoReason

Cosmogenesis (-cl9, slaughter)

Massive Hype. Let's gooooo. <3 

Grats on the release man!

Godlike midi choices too.

Edited by sapphics

Awesome! Can't wait to play it!

Edit: Jesus, 75k enemies? This has gotta be the most enemies in something that isn't a joke map.

I guess this wad is geared towards TAS players. Map 5 is laggy as all hell. I don't know how long IGT that one would take to beat but even if you played it with Boom, it would still be very laggy. I've made a map with over 15K enemies that takes most players 9 - 10 hours IGT to complete, maybe longer.

Congrats. I can only mention how aesthetically pleasant the maps are to look at, while my screen is capturing a frame per 3 seconds, but that's on me of course. Your light gradients are top-notch, so I'll bookmark this for someday in a future. 

Holy crap I literally have 1fps in map05 with dsda doom and a decent mid range computer, you weren't joking.

8 minutes ago, Blip said:

Holy crap I literally have 1fps in map05 with dsda doom and a decent mid range computer, you weren't joking.

Same. It's basically like another Holy Hell and Deus Vult lmao

Got to about 7K kills deep into map02, and I'm just gonna have to call it quits I think. I don't know if this is just me but I'm constantly running out of ammo in a good chunk of these fights and it's really frustrating. An example early on was the big pinky bridge where I had to sit at the start and camp until the imps and hell knights killed enough of them for me not to run out when I finally pushed through.

When I quit, it was when a giant outdoor section with arachnotrons opened up and there's just plain not enough ammo to get past them. I keep running fresh out with still hundreds of spectres left on the board. I already left the previous fight early cause I ran fresh out of ammo there as well, so I was coming in with absolutely nothing. There's plenty of other examples like this where i managed to just scrape by, but I think I'm completely stuck here. I think the ammo balance is too tight for my tastes.

I've spent two hours on map 01 yesterday, couldn't finish it yet but so far it seems like a worthy successor to Holy Hell :)
Visually it's more consistent, and a lot prettier to boot (although the heavy psychedelic pink everywhere takes some time to get used to).

I also got some ammo starvation issues, right at the beginning actually : made it past the Hell Knight pack in the lava, but found myself out of Cells for the static Arch-Vile quadruplets. Had to restart and let the Cyberdemons do their thing for an extended period of time.
It got better after that first part, fortunately.

Aside from that, Cosmogenesis is a strong set so far, many interesting fight ideas here :)

20 hours ago, Arbys550 said:

Got to about 7K kills deep into map02, and I'm just gonna have to call it quits I think. I don't know if this is just me but I'm constantly running out of ammo in a good chunk of these fights and it's really frustrating. An example early on was the big pinky bridge where I had to sit at the start and camp until the imps and hell knights killed enough of them for me not to run out when I finally pushed through.

When I quit, it was when a giant outdoor section with arachnotrons opened up and there's just plain not enough ammo to get past them. I keep running fresh out with still hundreds of spectres left on the board. I already left the previous fight early cause I ran fresh out of ammo there as well, so I was coming in with absolutely nothing. There's plenty of other examples like this where i managed to just scrape by, but I think I'm completely stuck here. I think the ammo balance is too tight for my tastes.

Happened to me at the start of map02, that imp wall is just extremely frustrating with the revenant missiles hitting you from across the map and the low bfg ammo you have to push through the imps

Spoiler

Maybe it isn't that bad if I conserve ammo by blasting the pinkies with point blank rockets?

I also got quite frustrated doing the pinky bridge.

Spoiler

I barely managed to do it by backtracking a bit before jumping down just to be fully stacked. I burned all my bfg ammo on the pinkies until I barely get to the rocket resupply, run back to the start and then spam rockets to hopefully kill the remaining ones.

The fight with the 6 masterminds at the end was really bothersome too but that's probably a skill issue from my part.

Apart from those things, map01 was a blast, I had a lot of fun playing it.

I played through this and had a blast, great job again NoReason!  I said it before but I'm really glad that I had recently played through Okuplok, as it put me in the right mindset for these levels and the kind of things to think about when going through each set piece.

Sounds like something up my ally that I want to brutally torture myself through in a good way.

Good slaughterfest wad in sf2013 style need TAS for every map.I can did it.                         

There's a new version of the wad up, the only change is a reject table created by Ribbiks for map05 so it will run better (or at all for that matter). Download link is the same as before. This should be the final version unless some game breaking bug is found.

Actually, it appears the incorrect version was uploaded somehow so I'll have to try again, apologies.

Nevermind that nevermind, I get two different files if I download from New York (SSL) and Virginia (web), the Virginia one has the correct file. I'm very confused right now.

Edited by NoReason : i don't understand what's happening

I think I owe an apology. I started this up again to see if I missed something in the fight I ran out of ammo on, and turns out there was a huge wall of cells in the middle of the arena I didn't know where there before. I think it was a combination of the darkness and my frustration that made me miss them initially.

I finished map02. I kinda wished the cybers on the ledge in that L-shaped damaging floor arena got crushed. I assumed they would and so I just left them alive and I ended up missong the kills.

Mowing down the zombiemen on map03 is some of the most fun I've had in doom.

Map04 is unplayable for me. As soon as I shoot the framerate dips into single digits. I didn't have any performance issues out of the ordinary on the first 3 maps.

MAP05 is infinitely more playable with that REJECT table. (At least for the first few fights, which is as far as I've played.)

15 hours ago, NoReason said:

Nevermind that nevermind, I get two different files if I download from New York (SSL) and Virginia (web), the Virginia one has the correct file. I'm very confused right now.

That's just because some of the mirrors take longer to update than others they should update soon.

17 hours ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

That's just because some of the mirrors take longer to update than others they should update soon.

Ah, I suspected that was the case but I'd never actually seen that in action until now.

Regardless, I sent another update anyway, although since the reject table version was actually correctly uploaded the only new thing is I fixed a sector I had accidentally deleted in map02 when separating the maps, it didn't impact gameplay at all but it still bothered me. Not touching this again unless something catastrophic is found.

Also, the reason map04 lags is because around 11k enemies are awake all at once, or 12k if you don't kill anything. It works fine for me in DSDA-Doom but is entirely unplayable in GZDoom.

4 hours ago, NoReason said:

Ah, I suspected that was the case but I'd never actually seen that in action until now.

Regardless, I sent another update anyway, although since the reject table version was actually correctly uploaded the only new thing is I fixed a sector I had accidentally deleted in map02 when separating the maps, it didn't impact gameplay at all but it still bothered me. Not touching this again unless something catastrophic is found.

Also, the reason map04 lags is because around 11k enemies are awake all at once, or 12k if you don't kill anything. It works fine for me in DSDA-Doom but is entirely unplayable in GZDoom.

Good guy NoReason

FeelsGoodMan