Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Latest laptop innovation...

Uh, that's pretty out there. For one, alcohol is flammable, for two, 50cc is pretty big, for three, NiMH is getting so good now it seems pointless.

NiMH? That doesn't look like an abbreviation for Lithium Ion. At least 90% of laptops now run on Lithium Ion. And no, battery technology really isn't improving at all since Lithium Ion was introduced. Laptop power efficiency is always improving, but space efficiency for power cells remains the same. Battery research and innovation is pretty much at a standstill.

Seems like a regression to me. According to the article, there isn't a signifigant improvement in battery life. The only advantage seems to be that the battery doesn't die after 1-2 years.

there is no way I am balancing a molotov bomb on top of my crotch

edit: but now I know what's going on when i see a bunch of 16 year olds sucking their at their laptops.

That sounds filthy no matter what context you want to put it in. I have created the perfect sentence.

pritch said:

Uh, that's pretty out there. For one, alcohol is flammable, for two, 50cc is pretty big, for three, NiMH is getting so good now it seems pointless.

Uh, existing batteries are too. Havent you noticed those warnings on the side that say "do not dispose in fire"?

To be fair, I think alcohol is a bit more flamable, volitile even. But then again, the metal casing on batteries seems to protect them fairly well, and I suppose that the alcohol canisters shall be protected in a similar manner.

Shame it runs on Methanol and not METHANE, a good well timed fart would keep it running forever :P

darknation said:

edit: but now I know what's going on when i see a bunch of 16 year olds sucking their at their laptops.

The article said:

The methanol cartridges...

People drink ethanol, without the 'm.' Somehow I think methanol, with the 'm,' might just kill you.

Anyway, it says they're refillable, so this could be a really cool thing, environmentally.

meths has a nasty side effect in making you go blind if you drink too much of it.

Then again, they said that about wanking and I can still see my cock to stroke it so...

Assmaster said:

Yay explosive laptops!

No one light a match!

Ultraviolet said:

People drink ethanol, without the 'm.' Somehow I think methanol, with the 'm,' might just kill you.

Ever had moonshine bought from a roadside in the South? ... Wait, you're obviously alive and reading this, so you haven't. The point is, some less-reputable booze manufacturers don't care whether your booze is methyl or ethyl...

I remember reading about that as a kid... some mong in america banned booze in a few states and people made it illegally, but screwed up and everyone started going blind so they had to legalise teh booze once more.

That might be bullshit, my memory is bad and my history is worse.

Yeah, alcohol was illegal in the USA for about 7-12 years...I forget the exact dates but it was like during the twenties. Anyway, people were either moonshining and blowing themselves up in the process or going blind afterwards. Either that or smuggling it in from Canada by the truckload. The main reason it was repealed is because the mobs all got monopolies on the good booze and they made assloads of money off of it. The Chicago mob got so powerful that it ran the entire city, police and all. After the FBI had to chase down all these people constantly, they figured it would be a good idea just to let the people drink once more.

Yeah, something like that.

fodders said:

You really need to go read up on prohibition years :P

Leave history to the old farts who still live in it ;)