Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[McD] James

Random Image Thread

1 minute ago, Cell said:

Before Pokéballs existed, trainers kept their Pokémon in, well... Pokéjars.
image.png.3c95e9114391e57e0737e7dc484142f1.png

Oh god, that brings up some horrifically detailed memories of a certain jar project.

iAPAXRk.jpg

ZCX2ae5.jpg

Both details from this:

4TXj1Fv.jpg

Made by Fractview. Formula is 1/(z^p+z^-p+-z^-p+-z^p+p^z+p^-z+-p^-z+-p^z+111*(1-i)) [Newton function "z ^ 4 - 6 * z^2 - 2 p z + p\"]

A bit disappointed the second one didn't turn out better, as it took several hours to generate the 65 MP original.

6 hours ago, sluggard said:

facebook_1627609682547_68266898019466282

I've found that the best way to get a cat to do something is to try to force them to do it. After they wrestle out of your arms and run away, keep your back turned towards them for fifteen minutes. Turn around and they'll be right where you wanted them in the first place.

Kitty: "I decided to be here, and you had nothing to do with it."

Whereas a dog: "Hey dog, I love you. Go here."

Dog: "Okay! I love you, do I get petted?"

Me: "Yes, yes you do."

I love both animals of course, but cats are weird.

1 hour ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

Oh god, that brings up some horrifically detailed memories of a certain jar project.

Reminds me of dissecting a cat in my 12th grade biology class. I didn't really want to do it, but I got paired with the only guy in the class that flat out wouldn't do it. It seems fucked up, and I was uncomfortable with it. But the cats were already dead and preserved with formaldehyde; their arteries had been dyed, they weren't going anywhere. And I needed to pass the class.

So yeah, I know how to skin a cat. There's more than one way, but a scalpel works best.  And I know how to remove its organs. But aside from that, I really don't know what I learned from it, aside from the fact that most of the guys in the class had absolutely no problem cutting up a dead cat.

I've dressed deer, it's not pleasant, but if you shoot something and intend to eat it, you have to. But making kids dissect cats to pass biology still seems really fucking weird. And that classroom stunk for weeks. The whole damn hallway did.

I suppose I care a bit more now after I adopted my cat. At least I know a bit more about her body structure. I found her special "I'll love you forever if you keep rubbing and scratching that spot" two days ago. Right at the base of the skull, under her right ear. Made the same smile my dog used to make when I found his special spot. Which actually was very close, just a bit higher up on his head.

Edited by Jello

3 hours ago, Jello said:

Reminds me of dissecting a cat in my 12th grade biology class. I didn't really want to do it, but I got paired with the only guy in the class that flat out wouldn't do it. It seems fucked up, and I was uncomfortable with it. But the cats were already dead and preserved with formaldehyde; their arteries had been dyed, they weren't going anywhere. And I needed to pass the class.

So yeah, I know how to skin a cat. There's more than one way, but a scalpel works best.  And I know how to remove its organs. But aside from that, I really don't know what I learned from it, aside from the fact that most of the guys in the class had absolutely no problem cutting up a dead cat.

I've dressed deer, it's not pleasant, but if you shoot something and intend to eat it, you have to. But making kids dissect cats to pass biology still seems really fucking weird. And that classroom stunk for weeks. The whole damn hallway did.

I suppose I care a bit more now after I adopted my cat. At least I know a bit more about her body structure. I found her special "I'll love you forever if you keep rubbing and scratching that spot" two days ago. Right at the base of the skull, under her right ear. Made the same smile my dog used to make when I found his special spot. Which actually was very close, just a bit higher up on his head.

What the fuck? What kind of fucked up school did you went to?

3 hours ago, Jello said:

So yeah, I know how to skin a cat.

All I need to know is how to shave a p****. 8P

68616900.jpg

7 hours ago, MS-06FZ Zaku II Kai said:

What the fuck? What kind of fucked up school did you went to?

Pretty ordinary highschool in the Midwest, in one of the higher median income cities.

I can kind of see why it was done, because if you go to medical school to become a surgeon, they often use either cats or pigs to practice operations. It's because their anatomy closely resembles a human. But I didn't plan on becoming a surgeon, neither did most of the people in my class. So in that regard it is still fucked up.

But dissecting frogs is a popular trope for a good reason; schools do it. In seventh grade we dissected fetal pigs. I just kind of thought this is normal. We eat animals, we skin them and use their hides for clothing, we have to cut them up for meat. But a little kitty was different.

And of course I can't really take any moral high ground. I cut up cows, pigs, and chickens for a living. I'm not killing them myself, but I still play a part. But eating complex animal proteins is a large factor in the development of the human brain, so we kind of need it.

Anyway, that teacher was also one of the best, most intelligent, friendly, and caring teachers I've ever had. I don't think he had anything but the best intentions for his students. I'm pretty sure I learned more about biology, anatomy, and ecosystems from him than I had learned in the eleven school years prior.

I just didn't want to cut up a cat.

12 hours ago, CrystalHawk_Doom said:

Oh gawd no. Please NOT that jar project. No. NOOOOOOO!!!!

11 hours ago, Jello said:

what the fuck? christ, i felt really uncomfortable when my biology teacher demonstrated on a fetal pig, i can't imagine how awful that would've been...

2 hours ago, roadworx said:

what the fuck? christ, i felt really uncomfortable when my biology teacher demonstrated on a fetal pig, i can't imagine how awful that would've been...

Yeah... The more I think about, the more fucked up it seems. And those cats were in there for a week. The biology/chemistry classes shared a cooler, so it's not like they were out rotting. But it was April or May, it was getting hot.

I do recall walking to class one day after lunch and I ended up next to my English teacher. We were talking, and suddenly he said "What the hell is that smell?" A few seconds later he said "Oh, Doug's cutting up cats again."

I really need to go hug my cat. Even if she hates it, she's getting a hug.

Edit: Well, she's napping in the corner of a closet. So I'm not going to drag her out for a hug. She did hug my fingers though. :-)

Edited by Jello