Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnthonyTankHD

hey doom lovers out there do you want to get your hands on the biggest texture pack that have over 7,000 textures

I've put together one of the biggest texture pack I combine Doom 64 Textures, CC4-Textures and also O-textures into one Big Texture package

https://streamable.com/nmm02e

[download removed]

enjoy the full limitless of over 7,000 Texture to chose from to make your Doom level more unique

enjoy and have a blast

P.S

I don't take full credit with these textures I am just a dude that loves to combine everything into one big package 

Plus doom is open source for everyone

I don't see the appeal in this. This giant crappy mishmash of textures has no config for the texture browser, making sorting an absolute nightmare. What's the difference between downloading this mess and just going to the original sources?

Also unrelated, but does anyone have a UDB config for 32in24-15_tex_v2.wad? It's an enhanced version of cc4tex.wad. Ultimate Doom Builder's texture browser seems to recognize the cc4 textures in it, but it doesn't recognize the various enhancements from the wad. Would love to see if anyone's got a config!

45 minutes ago, kwc said:

I'm gonna be that guy, but you oughta take a look at the copyright/permissions/credits sections of the resource packs you poached for this and consider including credits in/with your .wad

but is that  defeat the purpose of modding

18 minutes ago, kwc said:

Naw, crediting people doesn't defeat the purpose of modding.

true and like when i create stuff i dont want to keep everything to myself i gotta share it out cause i am a giver not a taker

kwc and Murdoch are 100% correct: if you're looking to put together a set of resources for public usage, it's a good idea to have permissions and credits in order. I'm not all that sure on the legality of having Doom 64 textures in there either.

22 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

I'm not all that sure on the legality of having Doom 64 textures in there either

Come to think of it would they even work right? Surely the palette is different.

I also have to wonder what the benefit of this is compared to just downloading the individual texture packs. It's not like these aren't well-known and easy to find packs.

3 hours ago, Obsidian said:

I'm not all that sure on the legality of having Doom 64 textures in there either.

If that's legally questionable then so is CC4-tex, as it includes textures from games such as Quake, Heretic, and Strife (mainly some of those inherited from Gothictx).

31 minutes ago, Bauul said:

I also have to wonder what the benefit of this is compared to just downloading the individual texture packs. It's not like these aren't well-known and easy to find packs.

I suppose it's something like the illusion of convenience. This might be neat for some (and it seems you can use them all without worrying about visual glitches due to everything in PNG format), but excluding everything pointed out above; searching through them uncategorized while making your maps will be very hard and tedious.

As others have said, most people are probably just going to take a few mouseclicks' worth of additional effort and load these texture packs into UDB separately.  If indeed they do plan to use all of them simultaneously, which is something of a steep assumption.

If having them merged in this particular way helps you out with your workflow, more power to ya.  But understand that to many if not nearly all folks, this will seem like a solution in search of a problem.

Also yes.  Credit people.

if you can't be bothered to make sure the credits section is sufficient in ..."your".... 'texture pack'... then its worthless to me.... because then whatever I make with it, will also be unable to credit the real authors of the textures

this is what killed doom remake 4 and others... yes, we could do some crazy stuff if we just disregarded credits but nobody would want to touch it... I have a TON of MD3 Quake 3 player models that I would love to put in to GZDoom, but I CAN'T... because I don't have the original readme's and I can't find them... so I can't use them...

I also have some MD3 Quake 3 player models where the readme prevents me from using them... and where I can't get to talk to the author.. they are also worthless to me...

I am making a ton of MD3 and OBJ models from scratch using textures I made myself for FreeDOOM... why? because no existing MD3 and OBJ models has a readme that would allow me to just put them in a project that has the license terms that freedoom has and since gzfreedoom will have the same license then I need to do some stuff from scratch...

also, anyone of us could slap 10 texture wads in to a zip file, rename it as pk3 and call it a day

Edited by CBM

This seems to be the result of not recognizing community etiquette and lack of research regarding use of textures. As others said, a package like this, in the end, is low effort and impractical, moral dilemmas aside. I'm sure your intentions were good, but please stop and think next time you are posting the work of other people. If you made a set of textures or a map, people would credit you for it regardless of whether you wanted to be credited or not, because that's the right thing to do.

@AnthonyTankHD: I'm sincerely curious to know more about the thought process that led to the creation of this.  I was in the RAMP discord when you first started talking about this texture pack you were putting together, but I still don't feel like I saw any indication of what prompted it.  Your OP doesn't offer much insight into what need you thought you were filling, instead just offering numbers and superlatives that folks have, not inappropriately, lampooned as sounding like some sort of dodgy salesman hawking his wares on late-night TV. 

If you'd started off with something like "I was tired of needing to load OTEX and CC4 into UDB separately, so...", it would at least feel like some sort of coherent act, even if most people don't perceive the same problem you do.  Instead it's just bizarre, like Marcel Duchamp signing a urinal, only without even the bona fides of being an established artist.

e: I don't mean to pile on or imply that you didn't have good intentions.  Assuming you're in earnest and this isn't some kind of troll, this is a good opportunity for self-reflection, asking yourself in all seriousness what you were hoping to accomplish with this and why it seems to have sailed so far wide of the mark.  If you truly want to be a "giver" to the community, then a dose of cognizance can only make you more effective at that.

Edited by jerrysheppy

8 hours ago, AnthonyTankHD said:

i am a giver not a taker

I think the people whose resources you used uncredited would differ with this opinion