Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scientist

hi everybody

Just recently (tuesday) I started playing doom on the web. For some reason I never did this before. I got shot like 50 times a minute (I suck) but it's still fun. Anyway I just wanted to let you know that one day you could run into me.

Oh im frightened, hehe :P
Cool to see this community isnt entirely schrinking, and people are still coming to play doom :)

Me being a 56k guy puts me at a serious disadantage. It's always worth trying your luck in doom deathmatch. People over the doom net are usually cool (i'm yet to come across an asshole on the doom net. It's easy to find a shithead on a cs server. Yeeeargh!)

Welcome to my world.

I used to play on 28k modem and I still had a lot of fun. Doom DM owns :)

999cop said:

Welcome to my world.

I used to play on 28k modem and I still had a lot of fun. Doom DM owns :)

I miss the times when you had higher ping than me...

BlueSonnet said:

Me being a 56k guy puts me at a serious disadantage. It's always worth trying your luck in doom deathmatch. People over the doom net are usually cool (i'm yet to come across an asshole on the doom net. It's easy to find a shithead on a cs server. Yeeeargh!)

oh, every week I play at least 1 asshole... there talk shit-talk to me, spam about my use of weapons, etc...

Torn said:

oh, every week I play at least 1 asshole... there talk shit-talk to me, spam about my use of weapons, etc...

C'mon it's not THAT often I play you :P

Torn said:

sigh! Wouldn't it be great to turn off the talk option so that you wouldn't have to put up with the bullshit.

(btw: if there's one thing doom deathmatch doesn't need is voicechat)

BlueSonnet said:

sigh! Wouldn't it be great to turn off the talk option so that you wouldn't have to put up with the bullshit.

(btw: if there's one thing doom deathmatch doesn't need is voicechat)

Errrm you CAN

deathz0r said:

I miss the times when you had higher ping than me...

lol, I abuse my dsl downloading videos and stuff more than playing now, but i might have to go back to netzero or something when it's time....

fodders said:

Errrm you CAN

How? Do i have to go into a config file or something?

Actually IIRC you can just simply turn off all the messages in the option in the zdaemon program. I haven't played zdaemon for ages so i haven't been paying much attention to the options.

It's best to get in touch with people you know (and are OK) and play with them, as opposed to playing random people (this can be OK, I suppose, once in a while just to meet people, but...)

I think I'll play much more now I got cable. I was able to go on killing sprees and get ultrakills last night and I never used to be able to do that on 33k.

pritch said:

I think I'll play much more now I got cable. I was able to go on killing sprees and get ultrakills last night and I never used to be able to do that on 33k.

:p

I want cable :(