13 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

(Caps taken via Chocolate Doom)

d00.png.27e8e74436f35e1cd60d1ef4c31886f5.png

d01.png.68fcee1232640664e129482965762feb.png

Lovely! 

18 hours ago, Grimosaur said:

comb1.png.6276fb6082c693fd503b957d6e4e140b.png

comb2.PNG.b3f5410edfb2e0c39f79ec50eb665d88.PNG

*huff* *huff* ...So, I made a boom compatible 4-digit combination lock using only voodoo dolls. Entirely fail-safe too, you can spam the buttons in any order as fast as you can and it will never break. The code can also be completely randomised as well so you can't cheese the lock if you know the code beforehand. Also with the ability to display the randomised code somewhere in the map- or maybe each number individually in secrets, the possibilities are endless! Haven't made the randomised aspect yet but that shouldn't be too hard. I'll upload a wad download when it's finished so anyone can use it in their boom maps if they want.

...Why do I torture myself like this?

This is absolutely the kind of thing that fascinates me! I love the sort of technical Minecraft engineering one can devise in the doom engine :))

20 minutes ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Nearly finished this submission for MFG38's Literalism project - the map title I received was "Walking Lava". Now for Thing placement / combat, and she'll be good to go!

Fuck me sideways, that looks gorgeous.

5 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Nearly finished this submission for MFG38's Literalism project - the map title I received was "Walking Lava". Now for Thing placement / combat, and she'll be good to go!

Holy names, so spectacular views! Each screenshot instantly attracts attention.
I need to practice more in implementing open spaces...

2 hours ago, RonnieJamesDiner said:

this submission

Quite immersive looking shots there. 

Getting some Dark Soulsy vibes from them, while the last one has a very Sunder-ish air to it. 

9 minutes ago, Major Arlene said:

rainbow shader go brrr #RD2021 #doom #doom2

I have no idea what a rainbow shader is but I fully endorse it.

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

(cool pics)

Looking great, gives me some serious Rylayeh vibes!

On 3/13/2021 at 9:20 AM, Bauul said:

Finally finished detailing my latest map for Elementalism.  I'll do a proper update over on the main thread once I have combat finalized, but in the meantime a few screenshots from the finished article:

Screenshot_Doom_20210228_233258.png

This reminds me of Quake 2. :)

rAIGNVg.png

After my first Florceil blind playthrough, I couldn't find the exit so I cheated my way to the center of it all:
All those lovely floors and the ceiling lights made me realise the beauty and harmony of that lonely barrel.
I am on the best selling show? Is there life on mars?

14 hours ago, Remmirath said:

Made a proof of concept in Zandronum: can I replicate an Unreal Engine 1 map with the UDMF features currently present in Zandronum? The answer is, yes (mostly). It's 95% accurate to the original. Enjoy.

GooberMan was working on Quake-to-Doom converter some time ago, and wrote a PoC implementation. basically, with 3d floors and slopes idTech1 is capable of any "true 3d" geometry, yeah. it is just incredibly boring to create, even with modern editors. much messier than simple CSG UnrealEd or TrenchBroom are using. you're a hero! ;-)

18 hours ago, Remmirath said:

Made a proof of concept in Zandronum: can I replicate an Unreal Engine 1 map with the UDMF features currently present in Zandronum? The answer is, yes (mostly). It's 95% accurate to the original. Enjoy.

cljhlOI.png

Wow holy smokes that's perfect. Brings back memories.