Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

dsda-doom source port [v0.24.3]

19 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

Is there any launch parameter to choose classes in HeXen?

It's "-class [0-2]" where 0 is fighter, 1 is cleric, and 2 is mage afaik

Updated to v0.20.1 (see original post for download)

What's new:

• Added fake avj cheat for testing purposes
  • Fixed map spot drawing (hexen)
  • Fixed "move floor and ceiling" action (hexen)
  • Fixed enter key binding not working

On 8/9/2021 at 11:10 PM, Alper002 said:

- Some sensitive sector movement scripts seem to break. I tested out MAP20 of this thing I made almost two years ago, and the elevator (which comprises almost the whole map) didn't move all the way down. Probably has to do with the weird way I got it to move that long way down. The ACS source is inside the wad file in case it helps fix that.

This one was actually caused by a difference in how pr+ handles sector special data - it wasn't properly handling setting both the floor and ceiling moving at once. Should be fixed now.

Question: is there any particular reason certain graphical/audio fixes are still complevel'd? (e.g. ouch face, arch-vile fire typo, two blazing door sound fix, etc.) If not it'd be nice to have those fixes available while still retaining proper game logic. But maybe there's a reason I'm not aware of.

The port's not perfect, if you've been following the development then you know I've removed or adjusted a ton of features 😉

It's not chocolate doom either though, this message is not bothering me.

Just to be clear for the 100th time: this isn't like pr+ where a debate or vote is going to matter to me - I have my own philosophy and the port will continue to move in that direction, for better or worse. Touching code related to the compatibility vector is not high on my list of priorities.

This is maybe a tangent, but re: complevels, in case anyone's asking these questions from the perspective of a mapper/modder (e.g. "hey can I make a complevel 2 wad but also enable translucency?", consider targeting MBF21 and tailoring the OPTIONS lump to taste. Complevels are pretty stone-age tech at this point. ;)

42 minutes ago, Xaser said:

This is maybe a tangent, but re: complevels, in case anyone's asking these questions from the perspective of a mapper/modder (e.g. "hey can I make a complevel 2 wad but also enable translucency?", consider targeting MBF21 and tailoring the OPTIONS lump to taste. Complevels are pretty stone-age tech at this point. ;)

That's a really good idea, thanks for bringing it up. Looks like I'll have more lumps to add to my autoloads :)

EDIT: Looking at the OPTIONS lump defaults on github, I think there's a mistake -- comp_soul is listed as 1 for the Ultimate Doom when it should be 0 (since that's when they fixed the whole bouncing off of floors issue).

Edited by maxmanium

1 hour ago, maxmanium said:

EDIT: Looking at the OPTIONS lump defaults on github, I think there's a mistake -- comp_soul is listed as 1 for the Ultimate Doom when it should be 0 (since that's when they fixed the whole bouncing off of floors issue).

The value of 1 is correct. The comp_soul flag is used for 2 things: bouncing off of floors (!comp_soul || ultimate doom+) and bouncing off of ceilings (!comp_soul). Starting in ultimate doom we have floor bounces, but comp_soul doesn't become zero until ceiling bouncing is introduced, which is from post-mbf. By using comp_soul = 1 in mbf21, you have the floor bounce (mbf21 > ultimate doom) and not the ceiling bounce, which is correct for ultimate doom's bounce behaviour.

2 hours ago, Xaser said:

Hopefully in the near future everything will be in MBF21 and nobody needs to deal with complevels anymore except older WADs. I personally wholeheartedly support the idea that just using MBF21 to emulate whatever the behavior style mapper likes and make things simpler.

It's funny that I always play with translucency off even thought the map format is Boom and above.

Actually a question about MBF21, if I'm understand the options correctly, you can enable Map30 telefragging mechanic to all maps? If so, is it possible to actually disable Map30 telefragging mechanic as an option so Map30 won't be weird in a way?

A question, and forgive me if this has already been answered:

If dsda-doom supports Hexen now, does that mean it also supports Doom-in-Hexen format maps?

4 minutes ago, VanaheimRanger said:

If dsda-doom supports Hexen now, does that mean it also supports Doom-in-Hexen format maps?

You mean, like Chex Quest 3?

42 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Actually a question about MBF21, if I'm understand the options correctly, you can enable Map30 telefragging mechanic to all maps? If so, is it possible to actually disable Map30 telefragging mechanic as an option so Map30 won't be weird in a way?

The wording sounds to me that it deals specifically with monster spawners (which, if telefragging is not enabled, will spawn monsters on top of each other, resulting in stuck monsters). I think enabling/disabling monster telefragging altogether would be a good addition to UMAPINFO if it's not already part of the standard.

9 minutes ago, Shepardus said:

The wording sounds to me that it deals specifically with monster spawners (which, if telefragging is not enabled, will spawn monsters on top of each other, resulting in stuck monsters). I think enabling/disabling monster telefragging altogether would be a good addition to UMAPINFO if it's not already part of the standard.

That wording sounds like all the map can have telefrag mechanics like Map30, but I don't know whether I read it wrong. If true, then you can make a wacky WAD with 32 IoS maps :P

Though, I would rather have an option to disable it on Map30 so you don't need to do weird stuff to avoid this mechanic. I think you also want this if I read your post correctly.

1 hour ago, VanaheimRanger said:

A question, and forgive me if this has already been answered:

Yeah. Kraf said it will eventually support it.

Im also looking forward to seeing ACS on non zdoom wads

kraflab
Which 2 demo files are problematic for DSDA HeXen?

13 hours ago, Xaser said:

Does that work with Heretic and Hexen?

i get an I_SignalHandler error (signal 22) when booting, sadly - earlier versions didn't work either, i just wasn't actively posting when i tried them.

42 minutes ago, msx2plus said:

i get an I_SignalHandler error (signal 22) when booting, sadly - earlier versions didn't work either, i just wasn't actively posting when i tried them.

May be relevant: https://github.com/coelckers/prboom-plus/issues/214

For starters, try launching with the -nomusic parameter. If that works, try switching the MIDI player in the options.

it does indeed launch with -nomusic, tried switching to all the other playback methods and they all crash on boot. should i be using different versions of the fluidsynth/portaudio/etc DLLs? i think this is the only application i have that throws an error using them, including prboom+/glboom+ which work fine.

Edited by msx2plus : added information

32 minutes ago, msx2plus said:

including prboom+/glboom+ which work fine.

Does the latest prboom+ work fine, or do you mean old versions?

Sorta anecdotal, but I ran into something like that a while back and the trouble was I had 64-bit DLLs and a 32-bit dsda-doom.exe -- or vice-versa; my memory is spongy. Dunno if that helps at all -- it's been a while so I forget where exactly I grabbed the 'correct' DLLs from -- but there you go. :P

When I tried running Hexen I get 'createPatch: Unkown patch format INTERPIC.'  I'm using Dsda 20.0 and then 20.1 on windows 10 64-bit, the hexen Iwad came from steam.