Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skronkidonk

Who is Martin Hunsager?

I was looking at the Alien Vendetta wiki just to learn a few things about the wad and I was curious who made MAP01 Sunset (Which is one of my favorite Map01's)

In the Doom wiki it was made by someone named Martin Hunsager who also made Nemesis in Alien Vendetta. So I was curious to see other creations this guy has, but come to find out there is really no information about this dude. 

So I'm wondering if anyone here knows more about his Doom career because I love his style of map making, Nemesis and Sunset are just great maps.

Lovely hearing from you, @Andy Johnsen! A post full of interesting trivia!

I’d love to read more of your lengthy and informative reviews! While reviews here and on YouTube are great and all, I’m just a sucker for good, old websites that are more or less dedicated to one thing and one thing only. I’m old school like that 😁

Still mapping? You should encourage him to upload his stuff at /idgames/ so we all can enjoy his completed works, if he's not done so already.

Its always a pleasure to find one of your post full of trivia around here, @Andy Johnsen.

Av's map10: Nemesis is certainly a magnum opus, and i can't imagine what M. Hunsager can make with nowday tools. It literally makes me drool haha

Map01: Sunset is a marvelous opening, but it always seemed to me like a faint dream during the sunset (ha!) hence the title, being map02: Rusty Rage, the map where the proper story (?) of Alien Vendetta starts. The Carmageddon midi outtake gave it a really dreamy feel, and the lighting details added by Kim sums up to that for good.

Maybe its a bit rude to ask, but do you still map or something?

I'd love to play more maps from him, I've always been fascinated by the design of AV, specially "Nemesis", which is my favorite map of the wad. It's very good to know he is still mapping :)

Nemesis was really cool.  I thought it was some kind of oversight how the key bars were all unmarked. It was really strange how Kim ended practically all his maps with Spider Masterminds, btw.

Seriously, give Martin a poke. We'd all like to see what other sort of expansive environments he's possibly produced!

Edited by LadyMistDragon

2 hours ago, Chris Hansen said:

I’d love to read more of your lengthy and informative reviews!

+1 here ^

@Andy Johnsen

I didn't think I would get a response to this from anyone

This is amazing 

I'm so glad I got to learn more about Alien Vendetta as it's my favorite wad of all time and even some interesting trivial bits and pieces about the maps.

and It's great to hear that Martin and you are still messing with doom today!

I always liked the design of Nemesis and how its on this massive Island that you can explore. I think its crazy how people made maps back then without these great tools we have today with UDB.

I hope I can see more work from Martin!

I can verify most of the information Anders gave you. I assisted Martin with some ZokumBSP stuff a while ago, so some sort of mapping must be taking place. I have a vibrant memory of Malde working on Misri Halek at a lan party in Anders' old flat on Hundvåg. Malde was deep in the editor, really concentrated. :)

Haha I love it when someone posts about an old Doomer on here, wondering what they're up to nowadays, only for them or a close-friend to pop up not long after to give us the scoop. Never stops being awesome. :^)