Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

What is Your Job/Career?

Media relations for a public health service, mainly working on campaigns for people to donate blood, organs, stem cells and tissues.

I've only got bachelor's degree. Not any further than that. No master's degree nor doctoral degree. Lol.

The department was chemistry. No Job.

I worked as a bus boy for short peroids of time at restaurants. That's the only kind of job which I can work as a person who graduated from Chemistry. So I won't be able to work as a chemist anywhere. Lol.

Edited by Blackroat

I've worked as security for a tech company for the last 10 years.  Easiest money I've ever made.  Before that I worked a series of food service and warehouse jobs.

nobody. don't even have any official degree. mostly worked as a programmer in different areas, from microcontrollers to db tools to "indie" gamedev.

I work at Home Depot. The job varies from lifting heavy stuff and assorting in the back, checking stock, working the cash register, and occasionally getting yelled at by my boss for "slacking off" lately when we've been having some very slow days as of late. I might quit and find another job once I resume my college education next semester that has been derailed from irl events. As for what career I want to get into from college, idk yet, maybe something medical.

Currently hold a mix of titles:

Information System Security Officer, Cybersecurity Analyst/Incident Handler/Pentester, and Cyber Warfare Operator.

Previously worked as EMS Advanced life support, Avionics/Aircraft Tech, Engineering tech, Configuration Management, Logistician, Technical Writer, and freelance contractor.

Also still think I hold the title of doomworld's oldest active member with the lowest post count. Sometimes, listening is more important than speaking, or something to that effect. Or to be more humbly accurate, not much that I say is particularly important, and I like not being noticed.

10 hours ago, Chronohunter45 said:

and I like not being noticed

that's expected from a good security officer. sir!

I'm just a clerk at a crappy video store in a crappy city and a clerk at a surprisingly upscale gas station in a very nice city. Sometimes I wonder where it all went wrong.

HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Cooling). I work with others to install furnaces/air conditioners, airduct and pipes, and everything to do with AC. I'm not licensed, just helping out, so I mostly work back at the shop and make stuff, and at CAD $15/hr (min. wage)

I work for a company that helps other organizations with the creation of e-wallets, as well as payment applications and more. 

Hehe, I don't have a job YET, but I definitely think I'll be a programmer. I already do that shit because I think it's fun. If I just fail, I'll just probably work at the KFC near my house.

I'm still on high school, but I want to be a lawyer, I'm already studying human rights and psychology.

i dont have one right now but i do plan on being an professional music artist. being the main singer for a band and also playing the guitar. i plan to get a bachelors degree in music education 

currently, I am unemployed... again.... after just one month as a cable guy

so back to searching for IT related jobs

I never had a Idea what "i will become", never understood this Sentence, since i am something since i am born.

Started working in the Storing Place of a sanitary Wholeseller.

Later i came to the Goods Receip.

Than to the Sales Store to sell at Professionals.

A Fire destroyed half of the Facility, they rebuild it and went to renew everything, also systemwise went to SAP.

They took me as part to proof the quality and as a Key User.

Now i am at a very confortable Position aside of the Lead.

I am still somehow something you could call a Key User as a Medium between old and new, i am Support for Sales and Logistic for nearly everything (Sales, Logistic and IT), i am controlling Stock Differences, all this leads into activly seeing Stuff to optimize and acting as a Medium between different Departments.

My Job has no Name, but it has become very diverse and interesting and nobody is controlling me, i am searching active for my own Stuff.

Many Years ago i couldn't Name it, but i am good at analyzing, this and many Persons activly supporting me helped me to get this nice Position (even if not payed as well).

I've learned Career is partly Talent, partly People supporting you.

Be a nice Person, ever.

edit: oh, i am also supporting a fully automatic Stock IT wise.

If no technican is there i could also handle some smaller Repairs on the Shuttles.

I make and design cymbals at Zildjian; sort of stumbled into working here 27 years ago (lost all 3 jobs I had during the same week while going to an intermission college course on history, the guy sitting next to me told me to go to a temp agency and tell them he sent me--been lathing/making cymbals ever since).  Can't say it's been easy but I love what I do.

labor lawyer defending the interests of big mining companies

I studied about everything I could at school; computers, literature, theatre, video editing, creative writing and library technician. Turned out I never worked in any of these things ever.

During all my studies, I worked at a mom and pop convenience store and I was about the equivalent of assistant manager. I worked there 12 years and I had a very comfortable position here. Maybe too comfortable, I had to push myself out in order to try and get a job that would warrant me an actual salary I could live on.

After applying for about everything under the sun, I lucked out and got a position as an administrative agent and I work for an hospital. I work for locating services and my job is to pick up the phone on behalf of the whole installation and transfer callers to the right department. I also must locate and page doctors when their attention is required anywhere and maintain the database of the doctors on call. I've been here for 3 full years now.

So yeah, I never got the job I studied for, but at least I got the money that was going with it so it's a net win. Not to mention that if I worked as a library technician, I wouldn't have had a job ever since 2020 due to COVID-19. It turns out being essential do have its perks!

On 10/15/2021 at 5:34 PM, toxic.rat said:

labor lawyer defending the interests of big mining companies

So do you work for the "Man" or the "Men"?