Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

Quake Remastered

Heh, this gives me an excuse to start brushing up on QuakeC again if it happens like this, what with how relatively easy it is to modify Quake it would naturally be a renaissance for new modders to get noticed.

As if remaster and remake weren't enough lol

Setting my expectations to a modern os port packaged with those 3 mission packs and maybe RT, less hassle getting it to work correctly for new players at least, be a great way to.. revitalize Quake as a whole, then maybe top it off with a full blown "Quake 5"

Oh wow. I thought this was still early in development. seeing that it's on last gen consoles, I would say it comes out within the next couple of months! That's great!

Maybe the rumor of a female protagonist means an addition of a female class for multiplayer (like in QII) for Quake, if it’s true at all, since it seems most likely there isn’t to be a new quake announced, but if so I imagine it is in the early stages of development. 

New official Quake expansion confirmed!

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/Quake/9P1Z43KRNQD4?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Get the Original & New Expansion Packs Quake also comes with both original expansion packs: “The Scourge of Armagon” and “Dissolution of Eternity,” as well as two expansions developed by the award-winning team at MachineGames: “Dimension of the Past,” and the all-new “Dimension of the Machine.”

Discover the All-New “Dimension of the Machine” Expansion

In the deepest depths of the labyrinth lies the core of lava and steel known only as The Machine. Crusade across time and space against the forces of evil to bring together the lost runes, power the dormant machine, and open the portal hiding the greatest threat to all known worlds—destroy it...before it destroys us all.

trailer looks great, really like that windmill area. Also like that they didn't skimp around with multiplayer.

I went ahead and purchased the game on the Switch, and boy did they deliver
image.png.4c6a69f5c5076f97957eb3792215bd3a.png

I hope that the DOOM re-releases can find a way to get PSX DOOM playable

3 minutes ago, Agent Slacker said:

That's not going to happen. Too many drastic differences.

Quake Remastered:

• Available now
  • PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch
  • Improved visuals (Self-shadowing, dynamic lighting)
  • Improved models/textures
  • All 3 expansions included
  • New expansion: Dimension Of The Machine
  • Includes Quake 64

13 minutes ago, Agent Slacker said:

I went ahead and purchased the game on the Switch, and boy did they deliver
image.png.4c6a69f5c5076f97957eb3792215bd3a.png

Holy shit! Thanks for the heads up, I'm on the page now. I'm getting paid at midnight then buying a pro controller tomorrow, I can't wait to play it, looks amazing and mod support!! 

Edit:looking at the info page states 1-4 local multiplayer. Let's see if I can get my partner playing! 

Just now, Jayextee said:

The soundtrack though. I gotta know about the soundtrack. Can anyone report?

I mean if the trailer has it then the game has it right?

I can't believe that this upgrade is free to Steam users. The sheer amount of effort put into this version is outstanding.

YES. This is EXACTLY what I wanted out of a quake rerelease! Right down to Quake 64 content. All its missing is the Quake Saturn stuff. Hopefully Quake 2 will follow with the N64 levels and integrated expansions.

Hopefully this new port will support the various unofficial expansions too, some of those looked neat, and I have copies of a few