Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SuperCupcakeTactics

DBP37: AUGER;ZENITH - THE Cyberpunk MEGAWAD!

@Turin Turambar I wanted to stick to the default bestiary with the new color palette. I did want to make new sprites for items at the very start but decided it would be best to stick to the familiar on that front. Of course anyone is welcome to make their own add-on to dress up the monsters and so on if they want.

I'm working on the final version/idgames release, and most recently just made a new attempt at fixing the all-ghosts bug in MAP10 by joining a bunch of the samey sectors. The most interesting thing though is that I discovered a bunch of broken sectors on the red pyramid (for some reason I never noticed that it was missing that red border up top that the blue one does) that made it through both Release Candidates and so I just now fixed it by using the very first version of the map as a reference.

3 minutes ago, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

@Turin Turambar I wanted to stick to the default bestiary with the new color palette. I did want to make new sprites for items at the very start but decided it would be best to stick to the familiar on that front. Of course anyone is welcome to make their own add-on to dress up the monsters and so on if they want.

All I can think of now is adding a green (or pink?) mohawk to the shotgun guys, lol.

10 hours ago, VanaheimRanger said:

All I can think of now is adding a green (or pink?) mohawk to the shotgun guys, lol.

there are some cyber version of the enemies.

Maybe not with upgraded attack, as Cuppy already say the maps are designed for the regular Doom gameplay, but it would be interesting as a little eyecandy, for sure.

>>>THE CYBERPUNK ADVENTURE OF A LIFETIME IS NOW AVAILABLE ON IDGAMES<<<

>>>AUGER;ZENITH AVAILABLE ON MODDB<<<

Known bugs that aren't listed as bugs:

• MAP10 still has the means to easily produce the all-ghosts bug as all one needs to do is shoot a bunch from the top of the pyramid. To play without this bug, use a higher or lower complevel than 2. If you are playing ports which have the option to disable Intercepts Overflow Emulation (such as dsda-doom/boom) then disable that which should be off by default.
  • MAP12 is unplayable in Doom Retro. If you stare into the abyss, the game will crash. If you progress without staring deep into the dark abyss, then you will be unable to shoot walls that need shooting. EDIT: I've been alerted that this crash will be fixed in the next version of Doom Retro!

If you haven't played this already then now's the time! Enjoy! :)

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

I just beat this in one sitting; this is a very impressive piece of work. MAP17 stands out as so immersive and impressive, my fav of the set.

I just finished this and not only was every map wonderful, but it was absolutely fucking gorgeous throughout. LOVED it. 

DAMN. Fantastic WAD! If you changed the rest of the weapons and all the monsters, then I would be in endless delight. Well, okay, no one bothers to use randomizers.

Edited by Armolitskiy

Holy Shit!. I just finished playing through this wad and I have to congratulate everyone that was involved in this project. You guys just set the bar so high for any future cyberpunk wad ( for non gzdoom projects that is). This is a very strong contender for a cacoward winner in my book.

Sorry guys, something was terribly wrong with the video quality. Will rerecord and reupload later.

Edited by Pistoolkip

Pistoolkip plays Auger Zenith is back with a vengeance!

Part I is live, parts II & III while go live in the next few minutes, and then I'll upload one daily!

In Map 8, Office Loophole, there is a loophole. You can skip the blue door (and half the map) by using the teleporter behind the yellow door and going from the stairs into the hallway. I don't know if this is intentional or not?

Screenshot_Doom_20210805_204943.png.4f256eb3bebbde186ec4df591700e4d3.png

I enjoyed this mapset, probably the best mappack out of all DBP so far. It's pretty good looking, gameplay is (mostly) alright.

I've just got one question:

Spoiler

What's up with MAP12? Is it supposed to be an artistic map? It feels a little disconnected from the rest of the mappack, could very well be its own thing though.

@IvanDobrovski Yes it's very artistic and I cannot confirm nor deny if @40oz used any mind-altering substances in the making of it (though I'm fairly confident he has experiences with such). I love the map, and it gave me a big smile when playing it and it was tons of fun to watch streamers go through it as well. I've played a lot of random 90s maps and it really feels like a bad trip being whisked away into the labyrinths of 1994 where anything goes. Not everyone's into it but if you know, you know. If you don't know, then I hope it'll be a transcendent dooming experience if you can enjoy yourself going down the rabbit hole. I called it a 'Mock3' map and in later versions he gave it a custom MIDI but I asked him to keep the stock MIDI as it really added to the surrealism and comedy for me which he agreed remarking that it reminds him of being lost in E1M7 as a kid. The map gave me some good laughs :)

Get PILLS against my orders!

Edited by SuperCupcakeTactics

Interesting, I'm nearly up to 12!

For now, enjoy part 10 as we finally get the BFG which we need for the slaughterfest finale:

Very minor patch that fixes some conflicts with Doom 2 minor sprite fixing project.

D2SPFX-dbp37.zip

Edited by Firebert : Deleted stray pixel on SSG

On dimanche 8 août 2021 at 5:01 AM, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

in later versions he gave it a custom MIDI

Which was it, just out of curiosity?

9 hours ago, Gez said:

Which was it, just out of curiosity?

looking at the map, how surreal it is, probably he wanted to use this one:

Spoiler

HA! RICK ROLLED!
Jokes aside, probably the something like the one below this video.

There's a ton of cool maps in this WAD. but this was one of my favorites: A slaughtermap inspired by the Matrix, with shootable pillars!

Am I missing something on map 12? It's got a bit of the quality in the rest of the WAD up to that point (which is nothing short of phenomenal), but it feels like a jokemap that slipped in by accident.

34 minutes ago, Sena said:

Am I missing something on map 12? It's got a bit of the quality in the rest of the WAD up to that point (which is nothing short of phenomenal), but it feels like a jokemap that slipped in by accident.

It's a homage to the into of Afraid of Monsters.

41 minutes ago, Sena said:

I'm not sure It'd be easy to mistake as a jokemap. Considering some of the beautifully abstract set pieces, it feels nothing short of intentionally obtuse.