Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fletcher`

DEH-BEX help

Me again. :P

What code pointer do I use to make a frame play a specific sound? And how do I set it up? I think I saw it somewhere...

There are only a few pointers that play sounds. You cannot set up a pointer to play any nominated sound. All the existing pointers that play sounds are tied to specific sounds. You can find a list of all code pointers on my site in the dehacked section

http://www.btinternet.com/~Enjay001/

You can use a cunning little trick in some cases though. You can give an item a pain sound, and give one of its frames a pain pointer. When the frame is used, the sound is played. This only works on items that do not already have a pain sound, but it could be used to make fireballs sizzle through the air, make torches crackle, make the heart pillar beat etc etc.

If you are using Zdoom, it supports adding sounds to dehacked, so you do not have to sacrifice any existing sounds to get these effects. You simply define the sound name in the SNDINFO lump and then allocate it to the thing using the sound name instead of a sound number.

Enjay said:

(Insert clear and concise explanation here.)

Pretty much what I was going to say. In fact, if you visit my site it'll point you to this site, which then tells you practically all you need to know about DeHacked. In fact, everything Enjay learned about DeHacked is found at this site.

(Note that it's my site that points you in the right direction. Thus proving that I'm the undisputed ..... something or the other.)

We now bring you back to your regularly scheduled reality.

I think I could sacrifice a ssg sound for this. What I'm trying to do is make a caco explode after death. I think I can work around this. Thanks. :)

ravage said:

I think I could sacrifice a ssg sound for this. What I'm trying to do is make a caco explode after death. I think I can work around this. Thanks. :)

You cannot use a weapon code pointer for a monster!