Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lazygecko

Quake Remastered

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/switch-limited-run-119-quake-deluxe-edition-1

image.png.6b1597030d6bf8fea9665bb5a90f211c.png

image.png.572b71dc43ff8e9df6106d67494c995f.png

Limited Run Games Ultimate Quake edition. 

The Collection includes:

• Quake Deluxe Edition
  • Physical Quake game for Nintendo Switch
  • Official Nintendo Switch sized Quake SteelBook
  • 18x24" Double Sided Poster
  • Metal Quake Logo Keychain
  • Commemorative Metal Coin 
  • Deluxe PC-style Big Box
  • Quake Logo Shirt
  • Ring of Shadows
  • Enamel Pin
  • 3" Metal Shambler Figure
  • Motorized Rotating Quake Quad Damage Replica Statue
  • Numbered Certificate of Authenticity
  • Deluxe Nail Gun Ammo Outer Box

The box will cost $175.00 USD and will be made available August 27th, 2021

"Motorized Rotating Quake Quad Damage Replica Statue" lmao sometimes limited run is on some other goofball shit

1 minute ago, msx2plus said:

sometimes limited run is on some other goofball shit

Next thing you know;

Quake Supreme edition includes

• Enamel Pin
  • Double Sided Poster
  • Ultra HD Hologram of Life-sized modeled characters acting out E1M1 of Quake With leather Massage chair to let you sit back and enjoy
  • Copy of game
  • Logo Shirt
  • Keychain 
  • Coin

Costs $200 USD

Well this revitalized edition of Quake looks so enticing. And a new official episode! I recently played Dimension of the Past again; I love it more each time. That episode was in classic style. The new one looks like it's gone in the opposite direction. I'm going to play Jerk Gustafsson's old Quake maps too.

And Quake 64!

And Romero might do some maps for Quake down the line!

It's an embarrassment of riches these days.

2 hours ago, Chip said:

I think Kaiser said somewhere that there is still a lot more to come. Nightdive is currently working on Sin Reloaded, which uses the Quake 2 engine, so I'm sure that Quake 2 is on its way. 

God, I hope they give Quake 2 the same treatment as Q1 and include a new mission pack. It would be fantastic! Citadel by Andrea Rosa is the only custom-made single-player Q2 episode that I've really enjoyed.

7 minutes ago, msx2plus said:

"Motorized Rotating Quake Quad Damage Replica Statue" lmao sometimes limited run is on some other goofball shit

If you pick up the statue, will it disappear?

Another issue report, this one with the enhanced models

It seems like the Z coordinate of the enhanced Ogre model is off; his model is sunk into the floor. Most noticeable when he's dead but seems to be that way for all frames.

20210819233140_1.jpg

Oh yeah, this is amazing. I just got up to LGR's blerb about the game, and I downloaded the thing instantly

I think I like it so far, though for some reason Q64 hurt my eyes at first, don't know why.

5 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

I think I like it so far, though for some reason Q64 hurt my eyes at first, don't know why.

It's probably the CRT filter and the low quality textures.

At least if you're on PC, you can just pull up the console and use r_crtmode 0

If you're on console, unfortunately you're stuck with it until Nightdive addresses the issue (or not).

1 hour ago, Chip said:

Next thing you know;

Quake Supreme edition includes

• Enamel Pin
  • Double Sided Poster
  • Ultra HD Hologram of Life-sized modeled characters acting out E1M1 of Quake With leather Massage chair to let you sit back and enjoy
  • Copy of game
  • Logo Shirt
  • Keychain 
  • Coin

Costs $200 USD

I'd buy that if it had a Shambler figure, maybe another figure... (fur optional)

EDIT: Ok it has a Shambler figure with the actual offer, but it's metal and doesn't have color... I'd at least hope they didn't skip on colors in a figure for a QUAKE game but...

Speaking of bugs, I noticed in the switch version, if one has airplane mode one has to turn off airplane mode if they want to enable or disable an addon, at least I think its a bug seeing as Doom Unity has no issues, I know nerve handle that and this is nightdrive but I find it odd I couldn't disable an addon because I was in airplane mode.

23 minutes ago, Rexen² said:

Speaking of bugs, I noticed in the switch version, if one has airplane mode one has to turn off airplane mode if they want to enable or disable an addon, at least I think its a bug seeing as Doom Unity has no issues, I know nerve handle that and this is nightdrive but I find it odd I couldn't disable an addon because I was in airplane mode.

Yeah that's known. The Addon menu has no local enumeration at this time, as we were contending with platform certification requirements. It'll be resolved soon enough.

9 hours ago, sponge said:

Hey all, just popping in here to say hope y'all enjoy the new port! This is the project I've been involved with for the past year, and am excited that it's out on everything.

For nightmare, 50HP is intentional. We removed the "turreting" that enemies tended to do in Nightmare, and set health to 50 to compensate as a nod to what Copper did, in order to make Nightmare harder than hard, not easier.

Awesome! I remember a past thread where I mentioned to you, or around you, that 'it'd be great if sponge and co went on to rerelease Quake and Quake 2 with the same love Doom's rerelease has', or something like that, and you responded saying that you'd love to, but didnt have the authority to do such things, or something along those lines. Glad you got to actually do it! This release has almost everything I wanted too; it has the expansions integrated, and it has Quake 64's soundtrack (I wasnt expecting the actual GAME!). The only thing missing for me from the old post, is the alternative Quake soundtrack from the guy that went on to do Quake 2's soundtrack (If this release has the ability to alter the soundtrack via modding, im definitely giving the campaign a second run through with that music, I actually have a copy of that 'Methods of Destruction' CD!), and the Saturn version's exclusive levels, which im guessing may come as a full add-on later

Really happy with this rerelease, as ive never been able to have a good official Quake release working on any of my systems, while Doom got ported over and over. I really hope you guys will work together on Quake 2 down the line with the same love :)

EDIT: Also I know it might be hell to actually do, but I'd love to see some of those unofficial mission packs come as add-ons. I have some of them as CDs, but they are so user-unfriendly to set up in this day and age. Would like to see them in an actual good modern port :p

This release was a very pleasant surprise to wake up to! Love how faithful the new models are compared to the originals. Do the new models work any differently under the hood, eg: bone weighting, animations, etc? And any special requirements or tools for modding? I'd love to play with custom player models for co-op, if that's even feasible.

I'm hoping more of the console-only variables get exposed in the UI; a toggle for r_crtmode in Quake 64, sliders for the weapon bob/view lean amounts, separate weapon binds.

Also, lol. What key is the new weapon wheel bound to by default? I see "R1" and a Quake key. Q!! Christ lol. I ended up rebinding the weapon wheel to right-mouse in any case. (Love the Doom '16-style DOF when using it though, it looks so slick.)

Edited by Lollie : Sometimes you just see a letter out of context and think, "I've never seen this glyph before in my life."

Just now, Lollie said:

This release was a very pleasant surprise to wake up to! Love how faithful the new models are compared to the originals. Do the new models work any differently under the hood, eg: bone weighting, animations, etc? And any special requirements or tools for modding? I'd love to play with custom player models for co-op, if that's even feasible.

I'm hoping more of the console-only variables get exposed in the UI; a toggle for r_crtmode in Quake 64, sliders for the weapon bob/view lean amounts, separate weapon binds.

Also, lol. What key is the new weapon wheel bound to by default? I see "R1" and a Quake key. I ended up rebinding it to right-mouse just so I could actually use it. (Love the Doom '16-style DOF when using it though, it looks so slick.)

That quake key would be Q.

There seems to be a problem with the music files. My game often doesnt play music aside from the title screen, and returning to the title screen also results in a lack of music. Opening the console lists this

quack.png

It SEEMS to trigger by hopping between expansions; I seem to be unable to get music in Quake 64 at all and this frequently carries over to the demos too, reuslting in just gameplay noises.

That's highly unusual. I'd suspect the data on your system of being corrupted for the lack of any better ideas.

Activating add-ons seems to definitely make things wonky; activating Quake 64 immediately breaks the music and selecting new game, the cursor for Quake 64 wont even be there, I had to enter and back out several times before I was able to proceed to the difficulty selection

EDIT: The console says Quake 64 is looking for music .oggs, but my save folder where the addon was downloaded to only has a pak file. Is this causing issues?

Also, im not too happy with the game repeatedly turning on filtering after ive turned it off.

Edited by Devalaous

Just purchased this on the Switch and it's really surreal playing it on the Switch.

Though, I want to submit a bug about the Switch port: When you close the weapon wheel, the game seems to play very slightly slower and you can tell with the weapons like the SSG feeling slower. Only way I could fix this was by pausing and unpausing it. Other than that, this is a super stellar port.

Unrelated, but I was snooping the PC game files (as I typically do) and I found some cool/interesting things in there:

• For one, the dev console states that this is KEX 4. Was this used in any other KEX engine games? If not, I'm assuming Powerslave: Exhumed will run on KEX 4 as well?
  • Another thing is that the actual internal(?) name for this remaster is "Quake EX" judging by the QuakeEX.kpf file.
  • Also, the PAK files have a folder called "tactile" which has PS5 Dualsense WAV files as well as Nintendo's BNVIB files for HD-Rumble.

37 minutes ago, Tarvis said:

That quake key would be Q.

Literally just realized this after remembering one of the Quit messages, lmao. Christ. I'll own this goof, that's funny.

Brother is experiencing the exact same music issues on a seperate computer; quake 64 is entirely musicless and the console lists being unable to find the music.

16 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

Brother is experiencing the exact same music issues on a seperate computer; quake 64 is entirely musicless and the console lists being unable to find the music.

The problem also happens with the Bethesda Launcher version. The music files are missing entirely:

601834919_q64consolemissingmusic.png.d7425c6cf42c35058be0b85572150e6c.png

35 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

EDIT: The console says Quake 64 is looking for music .oggs, but my save folder where the addon was downloaded to only has a pak file. Is this causing issues?

Absolutely not, it loads the music from the pak file. You've done something very weird to your game that presently defies explanation.

13 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Absolutely not, it loads the music from the pak file. You've done something very weird to your game that presently defies explanation.

We both literally installed it and ran it. No modifying or anything.

Just now, Devalaous said:

We both literally installed it and ran it. No modifying or anything.

I also immediately encountered the issue after downloading the re-release. I don't know why the game isn't loading the music from the pak.

I literally only installed Quake via Steam and did nothing else, and I receive these same errors in the console. In my case though, they don't actually matter - Quake is loading music for Quake 64 via the PAKs. The thing is that Q64's music received the same treatment that PSX Doom and Doom 64 received, so it's all much more ambient and atmospheric.

That said, it is pretty hard to hear Q64's music over the game audio sometimes. Try turning down the volume for sound effects and see if you can hear the music then. Note that you'll basically only hear deep ambient tones for music in the first level, but the end-level screen and second level are more easily identifiable as music.

7 minutes ago, Lollie said:

That said, it is pretty hard to hear Q64's music over the game audio sometimes. Try turning down the volume for sound effects and see if you can hear the music then.

You're right; the music is still playing, at least in the levels for me. I got thrown off because of the error messages in the console, and also because the Quake 64 menu theme wasn't playing. I'm not sure if the lack of menu music is by design, however.

4 minutes ago, Wavy said:

Just purchased this on the Switch and it's really surreal playing it on the Switch.

Though, I want to submit a bug about the Switch port: When you close the weapon wheel, the game seems to play very slightly slower and you can tell with the weapons like the SSG feeling slower. Only way I could fix this was by pausing and unpausing it. Other than that, this is a super stellar port.

On xbox this manifests as a quick pause at a constant interval (about 3x a second) with the same solution, opening and closing the menu fixes it. Looking around doesnt seem to be affected by the pauses, only movement.

It also happens on pc, if vsync is on.

Does anyone else have music issues in the demos and certain parts of the game after switching between expansions? Several times the demos have completely stopped playing music, as well as the menu, and its carried over into all the levels for a while. Sometimes it comes back, but during these times the console consistently points out it cant find or read the music. Im getting my brother to look into this too, but hes uhhhhh...getting sucked into the gameplay itself :D

Edited by Devalaous

13 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

Does anyone else have music issues in the demos and certain parts of the game after switching between expansions? Several times the demos have completely stopped playing music, as well as the menu, and its carried over into all the levels for a while. Sometimes it comes back, but during these times the console consistently points out it cant find read the music.

Yes. The game gets confused at points and tries to load completely wrong ogg track numbers. For example, the music disappeared for me when it tried to find "track98.ogg" after I started Scourge of Armagon and then returned to the main menu.

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666

Well, I am happily proven wrong.

As you may have noticed, Quake® Enhanced (updated and visually enhanced version of the original) is available on Steam since Aug 19th. We're in talks with the publisher and have their confirmation that the GOG version of the update is currently being finalised, and will be available on GOG.COM. We'll be sure to let you know when that happens.
GOG users who already own Quake will automatically receive the new enhanced version with a free download.

@P41R47 @[McD]James This probably interests you guys.

Edited by Midnight_00

50 minutes ago, TheUltimateDoomer666 said:

You're right, the music is still playing, at least in the levels for me. I got thrown off because of the error messages in the console, and also because the Quake 64 menu theme wasn't playing.

Oh, I also don't get the menu theme, that is weird.

I've noticed while poking around, the actual audio in the music files appears to be really quiet with just a few tiny peaks. All of Q64's music could use a soft-limiter around -4dB to -6dB, which would give room to raise their volume by 150% to 200% without causing clipping. Regardless of this, the music plays much more quiet than it should, even when music volume is maxed out at 10. Players may want to reduce sound effects volume to 5 to compensate.

Has there been any discussion with Aubrey Hodges to use the version of the Quake 64 soundtrack that that he released on Bandcamp? They're all longer overall, and likely better mixed than what appeared on console.

In the meantime, I'm going to try substituting the OST with Hodges' Bandcamp version. It turns out that you can (currently) throw a "music" folder into "C:\Users\[You]\Saved Games\Nightdive\Quake\q64", and load it up with "track##.ogg" files numbered 01 to 16. They will simply play in-game, because Quake looks for .ogg files before it tries reading them from the PAK. (Good news for modders looking to soft-patch music! Like me!)

Edited by Lollie