Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Arl

Kenneth Scott is remaking "Birdie".

That,

Doom 3's art director Kenneth Scott seems to be in the mood of resignify his relationship with this critter he made back in the days, who was only seen in 2001's Macworld Doom 3/GeForce3 technology showcase:

image.png.0539c3abf714a8a6d9a5bc2512bb00ad.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Cool.

Edited by Arl

Splendid! Birdie might have aged gracefully even after 20 years, but a facelift is always welcome.

3 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

Nice! Will he release the result as a custom model for Doom 3?

Reading the comments on instagram and twitter, he seems to have the intent to release this to the public as a game ready asset.

Latest update:

Based on Kenneth's replies in the comments, he's considering uploading the model once its done and "making it [the mod community's] problem". Which is really goddamn cool of him.

Yeah, and he did the retopo work and also seems to be taking care of texturing (which is great, his texturing is unmatched). Getting the model into Doom 3 should be a straight forward thing, although if he's using UE4 I fear is also using standard normal mapping calculation, as anyone should, but Doom 3's is sadly different.

Hmm what could his Behaviour and Attacks be?

Just from the Look, something mixed between Imp and Archvile.

What could this new monster be bros? A new Baron of Hell, or maybe the Nightmare Imp from Doom 64?? Also there's no way that flying robot head is the Lost Soul. I'll quit gaming if they ditch the skull design for the most iconic monster in the franchise. 

From what Kenneth Scott has revealed on twitter, it was supposed to be the Baron of Hell.

This is so cool.  From myth to model.  I can't wait to see how the community will incorporate it into the game.

I wonder what gameplay will people give to the monster, since it was originally an HK design or some sorts.

I think it would be cool if it's given an unexpectedly unique role.

i wrote something about the Birdman shooting ghostly projectiles that can go through walls and being able to turn lower tier enemies into lost souls but that's just an example and me being an ideas guy again.

if he ever gets incorporated in modern Doom, i can see some lore making connections between him and the Gargoyles.

i hope kenneth scott also remaking spider mastermind with cyber0rc  and this guys will be  work to remake too them.

738A1D68F56F645E4967D1BBE2758402F42B36E8

A790BC392A93DB82C8AFE45C45B750A9C7F960D0

C0C7A7E9905DC586098C47FF87D4B6FC0DA8DFBB

d395cf1c2676265933aee4878648c8b3.png.a29b6b459df490e39a46057ac164a0e0.pngUntitled.jpg.eb766bf5e6faf1c6d5acce56c2fc3a64.jpgCyber0rc.jpg.a6698b94a88c154cd8890f780441aaa8.jpg

Edited by Wad overdose