Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FireballCaco

Most recent game you finished?

Doom Eternal , i have finished the main campaign , got all of the collectibles and  i'm going for the no upgrades chalenge right now i have beat Super Gore Nest.

Oh and just to say in the italian translation it is 'super nido di sangue' wich in english is 'super blood nest'. 

I was remembering a game called Sword of Mana, which is a game boy advanced remake of a gameboy game Final Fantasy Adventures (what was originally a spinoff game of final fantasy but which broke off into it's own series, Seiken Densetsu or the Mana series, which is the game before Secret of Mana if you've played that on the snes. Never played the original version so I played that. Pretty good for a gameboy game. Similar to the original Legend of Zelda with more rpg mechanics. I could of course recommend the game off of the soundtrack alone. Some stand out tracks being In Search of the Sacred Sword, Battle 2: Touched By Courage and Pride, or Mana's Mission. There's of course a lot of other good tracks. The gameboy advance remake, Sword of Mana, I recommend only for the soundtrack. It's a fine game, and everything but the story and gameplay is like gold standard of gba stuff, but the game is a slog and is entirely way too easy especially if you do a nonzero amount of grinding. I of course have a soft spot for it cause it was my first rpg I finished as a kid.

I can't seem to finish a game anymore. I play them to 2/3rds or 3/4ths completion and go to something else.

I think the last one I actually finished was Bloodstained. I love the game, but I would play it for a few days, then set it aside for a couple of months. Then completely forget what I was supposed to be doing, and start over. Luckily it's a fun game, so starting over wasn't a problem.

So a year and a half after it's release, and 80 hours of playtime, I did finally finish it. Good game.

Pokémon Ultra Moon, The Warlock of Firetop Mountain: Goblin Scourge Edition! (only one character though)

Quakes main campaign is probably next. 

Ah, I think it was SMT Nocturne, haven't specifically finished anything since then but I am planning to go through everything in the Quake remaster now.

Just beat Quake with the remaster yesterday and am halfway through Dimensions of the Machine. I had planned to go down the list in order but Scourge of Armagon started wearing on me, so I'm going in reverse order. I've also been replaying og Quake in DOSBox but am having more fun making batch file menus and trying to learn how to bunny hop. I know this isn't the "currently playing" thread, but it's still relevant I suppose.

Also recently got through the full story in Cyberpunk after stepping away for a while right at the end shortly after it released.

I guess the Back 4 Blood beta counts as recently completed as well, but only the first chapter was available. Still really fun!

1 hour ago, Lippeth said:

I guess the Back 4 Blood beta counts as recently completed as well, but only the first chapter was available. Still really fun!

The gameplay was solid but i hated the card and perk nonsense. I just wanted to shoot zombies, what is all this crap? The associated interface felt clunky too.

Edited by Murdoch

Agreed, during my first few runs I ignored the cards altogether and clicked past every convoluted prompt because the idea of perk cards in any game is a turn off. That said, after messing with them it all began to come together. It really started clicking with a melee/smg focused build and I ended up surviving more games and better filling specific roles. On one occasion where you're supposed to run down the path to the house with an endless horde running after you, soon after I typed "run to the house, just run" everyone died and I was still able to get to the house, melee the entire horde and have enough time to go back and heal everyone because I had a card that gives life with every successful melee attack, and enough stamina to endure the whole encounter. I almost want to call that a broken mechanic, but it was still fun and the most memorable run I had during the beta.

Cards and perks are still absolutely not my thing, and it's annoying that you can't pick a deck when joining an existing game, but halfway through my time playing I started to see why they implemented the system. Though the fact that they're essentially loadout cards is a bit lame for a L4D game. Either way, I had a great time playing overall, the guns felt good and it was the first time I actually had fun playing games online with strangers in a long time!

I'm grinding the h*ck out of Quake enhanced on Nightmare trying to get every achievement (bc I'm a perfectionist), currently on Scourge of Armagon.

I finished Touhou 7 yesterday on easy and later on normal, so I finished it two times in the same day lol. I have problems with the extra stage tho

Most recently-released? DOOM Eternal.

However, I was out at a gaming café for some food today to give my partner some quiet time in the apartment, and finished four games on a mini Megadrive clone whilst I was there; Kid Chameleon, Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, and Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

4 hours ago, Thfpjct said:

Dishonored 1, pretty cool, playing again right now.

Same here, actually. I just did two playthroughs (one high chaos, one low). About to give the Knife of Dunwall a go.

The last resident evil. Step son has whatever PlayStation number they up to now I forget and get to play on it when he stays out at his girlfriends house. It was ok loved the early village and castle bit

Hi again.

Today I finished Deltarune Chapter 2. It was amazing, best RPG game I've ever played so far. I'm looking forward for Chapter 3 now :D

Diablo 3, I had it sitting around for a while and forgot I somehow made an OP build, I've been playing on hard and I died only twice, both during the final DLC fight.

Also I was expecting Diablo himself to look much better, instead I got this Hexen looking ass

Just finished ancient gods 1 on nightmare. It felt like a work of art. The way Id managed to make something so fucking brutal without it feeling unfair or suffering from “Halo 2 syndrome”… Just incredible. I need more