• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crispdoom

how you do SR50

gzdoom

native

crispy doom / chocolate doom 

i use w s to move back and forward and use the 2 strafe buttons to move left right wasd pretty much i have mouse too

So you're going to want to locate or rebind your "strafe on" key. I think it's ctrl by defauly on crispy doom, might be a good idea to bind to right mouse key. What strafe on does is turn your camera left and right inputs (from your mouse for example) into strafe left and strafe right inputs, because of this when you sr50 you cannot control your camera, so keep that in mind. To SR50 you're going to want to regularly strafe run and then hold the "strafe on" key while moving your camera in the direction you are strafe running.

So if you're moving forward and right diagonally while strafe running, you're going to want to hold the strafe key while moving your mouse right, and that should an sr50. Do keep in mind since you are moving more sideways even compared to a normal strafe run you'll be moving at a different angle than your regular strafe run, so maybe note a position on your HUD to denote what way is forward.

1 hour ago, BaileyTW said:

So you're going to want to locate or rebind your "strafe on" key. I think it's ctrl by defauly on crispy doom, might be a good idea to bind to right mouse key. What strafe on does is turn your camera left and right inputs (from your mouse for example) into strafe left and strafe right inputs, because of this when you sr50 you cannot control your camera, so keep that in mind. To SR50 you're going to want to regularly strafe run and then hold the "strafe on" key while moving your camera in the direction you are strafe running.

So if you're moving forward and right diagonally while strafe running, you're going to want to hold the strafe key while moving your mouse right, and that should an sr50. Do keep in mind since you are moving more sideways even compared to a normal strafe run you'll be moving at a different angle than your regular strafe run, so maybe note a position on your HUD to denote what way is forward.

so when i use hold down mouse 2 i do sr50 i cant turn with it

Just now, crispdoom said:

so when i use hold down mouse 2 i do sr50 i cant turn with it

Nope, you cannot change the camera at all.

W+A+C+M2 or W+D+Z+M2

C is turn left, Z is turn right, M2 is strafe on

W + S or A, strafe on 2nd mouse button, strafe left on mouse button 4 and strafe right on mouse button 5

I don't as I find SR40 completely sufficient, for which I use the standard keyboard layout with ALT+Shift+Up Arrow + side Arrow.

Edited by idbeholdME

Let me show you a little trick that renders SR50 completely pointless.

First, you're going to rebind your keys to the following commands:

Move forward: CTRL
Move left: ALT
Strafe on: DEL

Now, move diagonally with the movement keys you've assigned and hit the strafe key. Windows will show you the task manager. Right-click on the source port you are currently using, and change the application priority to "realtime". This will make you run faster when you return to the game.

Go ahead and test it out and tell me what you think. Zeromaster taught me this one.

tbh the best sr50 setup I've tried is Zero Master's which sounds confusing but it works well: m2 or m3 to toggle strafe, q to strafe right, e to strafe left. it sounds backwards but it's super smooth and feels right

I use M2 for strafe on, left shift for turn left and spacebar for turn right. It's the only layout I found so far where I can comfortably keep my fingers on WASD and still activate turns. I tried M4/M5 but I just don't like using side buttons for anything and it messes with my mouse grip because I like my thumb far back on the mouse.

11 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Let me show you a little trick that renders SR50 completely pointless.

First, you're going to rebind your keys to the following commands:

Move forward: CTRL
Move left: ALT
Strafe on: DEL

Now, move diagonally with the movement keys you've assigned and hit the strafe key. Windows will show you the task manager. Right-click on the source port you are currently using, and change the application priority to "realtime". This will make you run faster when you return to the game.

Go ahead and test it out and tell me what you think. Zeromaster taught me this one.

dude this is good ty