Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cryo

PSX Final Doom (GEC) The Plutonia Expansion (Out now!)

congratulations and thanks !can i add this mod to the last psx doom release or the on moddb one? is it compatible with smooth doom psx version?

On 12/24/2020 at 7:18 AM, elden4 said:

congratulations and thanks !can i add this mod to the last psx doom release or the on moddb one? is it compatible with smooth doom psx version?

Not quite yet. Apparently there are just a few things I need to fix in levels first. Looking to release a v1.01 as I'm watching a friend of mine do a playthrough of it, and he's up to map 19 so far. 14 things need fixing/changing, so...

It has been a long while, hasn't it? The project has been ported to GEC Doom, and now feels and looks PSX Doom-like. It has been extensively tested, because of also rendering issues with height sectors, so a lot of it had to be changed to fix the errors.

Here's a few more screenshots from the NOW GEC Doom version of it.

Title.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210830_204046.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210830_204100.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210830_204126.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210830_204115.png

And finally, the teaser trailer for the project! This project will be released on the 9th of September.

do you have a download link for doom gec ? actually I am playing the conversion for doom ce

2 hours ago, elden4 said:

do you have a download link for doom gec ? actually I am playing the conversion for doom ce

The download link will appear on 09/09/2021. The only download link up at the moment is the one for the much older version. I am actually 99.5% done, and only need to sort out the screens between each transition. (there are no demos)

I am releasing this now, as it is past midnight my time. I most likely won't be around tomorrow due to ill health... but here are the downloads. (intro post will be updated too)

GEC Doom

GEC Doom: The Plutonia Expansion

Edited by Cryo : removing the old download links

I really enjoy PSX Doom.  Alot of work went into it I can see.  Very nice!!! Eventually I would like to do a playthrough of it on my youtube channel i do alot of vanilla doom and psx doom playthroughs.

On 9/13/2021 at 9:14 PM, ludicrous_peridot said:

That special "intermission" maps at the end of both PL2 and PRCP actually have a voice over is quite impressive! :)

It was one of the things I did not long after I finished the maps on the GZDoom V2.2.0 version. I demonised my own voice for both those segments... and thank you!

On 9/14/2021 at 5:15 PM, BlueThunder said:

I really enjoy PSX Doom.  Alot of work went into it I can see.  Very nice!!! Eventually I would like to do a playthrough of it on my youtube channel i do alot of vanilla doom and psx doom playthroughs.

Yep! a lot of tinkering, testing and compiling together went into it. It was a project I decided to do considering I didn't contribute much to PSX Doom The Lost Levels. Helix was by far the hardest map to condense down... I'm not sure whether I might include TNT2 Revilution to the TNT expansion at some point.

I love making original maps into PSX Doom style considering I can't design maps for shit. XD

Hello. Sorry but it's been a long time since I had installed Doom on my PC. How I can run this? I download de GEC and clicked on ".bat" version but nothing happened.

On 8/30/2021 at 4:54 PM, Cryo said:

It has been a long while, hasn't it? The project has been ported to GEC Doom, and now feels and looks PSX Doom-like. It has been extensively tested, because of also rendering issues with height sectors, so a lot of it had to be changed to fix the errors.

Here's a few more screenshots from the NOW GEC Doom version of it.

Title.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210830_204046.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210830_204100.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210830_204126.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210830_204115.png

And finally, the teaser trailer for the project! This project will be released on the 9th of September.

Hello. Sorry but it's been a long time since I had installed Doom on my PC. How I can run this? I download de GEC and clicked on ".bat" version but the music (psx music) is not working and the lights is not working too. When I clicked on ".bat" file and try to use lights, gzdoom opens the doom 2 wad.