Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kalensar

EDay 2019 Vanilla - A GZ/LZ/ZDoom2.8/Zand

1 minute ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Extermination Day is underrated and overlooked. Hopefully this will allow more people to experience it. The Hell maps had great atmosphere, and the WAD is full of great music.

The base files are all in one PK3. which included the BetaTest001 Music wad that Mark released. I tried to do as little as possible in putting it together so that the main integrity was maintained.

Oh yes. I was just thinking about wanting to play EDay with Supercharge and Corruption Cards were it not for the BD dependencies, perfect timing!

3 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

Extermination Day is underrated and overlooked. Hopefully this will allow more people to experience it. The Hell maps had great atmosphere, and the WAD is full of great music.

This 100%. Even though i prefer more "traditional" stuff nowadays and rarely touch GZDoom anymore, i feel like EDay (mainly the original version that i played many years ago, i haven't played actual EDay yet) is still one of my favorite megawads out of any i played since i got into Doom. I shall go on a very annoying crusade to push my friends to give this a try now

52 minutes ago, LucasRafael132 said:

Please PB 3.0, don't kill my PC again

Basically the reason why I use BD instead of PB 3.0. It's super laggy

1 hour ago, Teo Slayer said:

I want to stick with Brutal Doom, ok? I still don't get why everybody hates BD so much and idc. I just like it

I can't remember the last time I heard someone talk about how much they hate Brutal DOOM. All I hear is people talking about people who hate Brutal DOOM.

If you want to play ED with BD go for it. This mod is for people who want to play ED without BD, it has nothing to do with hating Brutal DOOM. I for one love Brutal DOOM for what it is, but I'm still looking forward to playing this version.

1 hour ago, LucasRafael132 said:

Please PB 3.0, don't kill my PC again

Honestly i'm running this megawad with everything flashy killed. No Dynamic lights, super low resolution but better than what the video shows, no fog, and it can even run in Software mode to a very large degree but I use opengl. Some maps can get pretty honking big like Map20, but most are mid to mid large size. Fair warning, treat this like a campaign game. Many maps can be pistol started but there are maps that are just not conducive to it at all.

I have PB 3.0, but I didn't test it. I tested it with Brutal Weapons Only v21C , Hellrider, and Perfect Dark Brutal Doom 2.0, normal Vanilla like in the video, DAICHBADV, REBUVRO. and Project MSX Weapons Only + Suit mod.

6 hours ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

nd the WAD is full of great music.

Oh, it has music? When I first got it, it didn't had any music and I ended up using the Touhou music mod xD

30 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

Oh, it has music? When I first got it, it didn't had any music and I ended up using the Touhou music mod xD

Yes, Its the one that Mark made for the megawad. Its just slow to start on Map01 and there is no intro music.

Added a list of tested gameplay mods that work and fail for this megawad in the main post.

On 9/1/2021 at 6:01 AM, kalensar said:

Doom Incarnate

Ah yes, playing as BJ Blazkowicz in EDay would be kinda sick

2 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

Ah yes, playing as BJ Blazkowicz in EDay would be kinda sick

I quite enjoy a lot of those weapons and monster mods myself, made quite a few too, Thats the entire reason I wanted EDAY to be compatible with other mods.

Updated the list of successfully working mods in main post.

HEres what got added in case you don't want to scroll back up.

RUSSIAN OVERKILL

by RevanGarcia » Sat Sep 04, 2021 8:52 pm

The following mods work with this map:

-DoomDynMus (Dynamic music mod)
-High Noon Drifter v1.2c
-Western Patch v2
-LegenDoom Lite v4.0
-Corruption Cards v2.0

12 hours ago, kalensar said:

I quite enjoy a lot of those weapons and monster mods myself, made quite a few too, Thats the entire reason I wanted EDAY to be compatible with other mods.

Wise choice

Applied a Fix to the thing that was causing the weird PB3.0 smoke bug. It also fixed the HXRTC smoke excess as well. Theres now way less smoke in general in the wad.

27 minutes ago, kalensar said:

Applied a Fix to the thing that was causing the weird PB3.0 smoke bug. It also fixed the HXRTC smoke excess as well. Theres now way less smoke in general in the wad.

What smoke are you talking about? I'm not using PB 3.0 because too laggy on my Laptop

7 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

What smoke are you talking about? I'm not using PB 3.0 because too laggy on my Laptop

OMG. So a dude alerted me to it on MODDB. It only showed up on the starter Rifle and the SSG. Basically it was this : https://streamable.com/19k8d4 

After you would fire it would cause this blinding light that would follow you from the gunsmoke being rendered way too much.

Took me a few hours to get it figured out what was causing it, but it's fixed now. 

41 minutes ago, kalensar said:

OMG. So a dude alerted me to it on MODDB. It only showed up on the starter Rifle and the SSG. Basically it was this : https://streamable.com/19k8d4 

After you would fire it would cause this blinding light that would follow you from the gunsmoke being rendered way too much.

Took me a few hours to get it figured out what was causing it, but it's fixed now. 

Oh, do you have any screenshot of the smoke bug? I'm just curious

1 minute ago, Teo Slayer said:

That's a very weird bug, it throws up a big white thing

Yup. Basically the two mods were interacting with each other and spawning too much smoke. So I eliminated most of smoke from the Eday side of things. Now everything works like it should with PB3.0 and HXRTC Project.

1 minute ago, kalensar said:

Yup. Basically the two mods were interacting with each other and spawning too much smoke. So I eliminated most of smoke from the Eday side of things. Now everything works like it should with PB3.0 and HXRTC Project.

So the Eday smoke was the reason

Fixed looping exit in secret map EDAY41 so that it now sends you to map EDAY19 like was originally intended.

You should add Supercharge V2.8 to the list of working mods, i can guarantee from my playthrough that it works perfectly well with the maps!

3 minutes ago, MattFright said:

You should add Supercharge V2.8 to the list of working mods, i can guarantee from my playthrough that it works perfectly well with the maps!

Sure! I have supercharge and see zero reason why it would cause any issues in EDAY Vanilla. The only real failures are anything based of Brutal Doom v20 which includes Project Brutality 2.0 .