Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pezl

[RELEASED v3] --- Ultimate Speedmaping Event) --- SpeedWad --- (32 maps -- Community Megawad!

Name: Blasphemy

port: vanilla(tested in gzdoom)

building time: 25min (26 tbh)

Music: freedoom map 02

image.png.9d5b69b2442bd62bda4a4c5d82111b76.png

Here is my shitty map that is really really really short. This is my first attempt at ever doing speed mapping and I am bad at it apparently 25min is so much less than I thought. I still hope it is kinda fun. I am still glad to contribute to this lite project and I really like the efforts @Pistoolkip is doing.

blasphemy.zip

Also, any thoughts on title music and screen and intermission's?

7 hours ago, Astro X said:

Also, any thoughts on title music and screen and intermission's?

I have no ideas on title screen music but i will create custom one. Id like to keep intermissions with original music

Working on a final map for the project this noon, going to finish and upload it when I return home. (50 minutes of work so far)

It's a slaughtermap inspired by MAP29 and parts of MAP30, is a map made to see if a slaughtermap works fine on vanilla / chocolate doom 2

So yeah, reserve me a post

Nice to hear but iam not sure if this will reach 32 maps still at 29.

If you are willing to wait a little bit over I will make you a map30 after work today

Here's my map, for now is for MAP29 but i like to have it at MAP30, if possible.

slagspd.zip

Title: Frontier of the living

Author: Walter

Build time: 50 minutes + a break for a walk with my dog + 5/10 more minutes for finalizing and testing the map

New music: TNT MAP31

Port: Limit removing for a specific bug, but for the rest it works kinda fine in vanilla

Tested with: chocorenderlimits, crispy Doom 5.10.1

Description: A map inspired by The Living End with some parts from Icon of Sin and some other Doom 2 hell maps theme, made for see if I can do slaughtermap works on vanilla doom

Bug: There's a floor that should turn into a toxic pool but it doesn't happen near the end, also on vanilla ports like chocorenderlimits crashes when you walk in it for some reason

Spoiler

DOOM0004.png.0a625af8a1a592394f7bf678ae5e59b7.png

39 minutes ago, Walter confetti said:

Bug: There's a floor that should turn into a toxic pool but it doesn't happen near the end, also on vanilla ports like chocorenderlimits crashes when you walk in it for some reason

Is it activated by a switch (action 47 on DB1)? If it is, the texture on the floor it is facing should be nukage for it to turn into a toxic pool.

It might be too late already, but I'm going to try to make a map real fast to fill the last slot. Be back in 25!

I'm back!

Metal_Mania.zip

Title: Metal Mania

Map Slot - MAP32

Build time: 25 minutes + 5 min playtesting

Port: Vanilla

Edited by Nuxius : finished map

35 minutes ago, Nuxius said:

It might be too late already, but I'm going to try to make a map real fast to fill the last slot. Be back in 25!

I'm back!

Metal_Mania.zip

Title: Metal Mania

Map Slot - MAP32

Build time: 25 minutes + 5 min playtesting

Port: Vanilla

Hey Thank you for posting 32th map now we have completed whole megawad. Your map is good! Good work!

Fixed Bugs:
MAP01 has a linedef action with tag 0 

MAP02 has 2 lost souls stuck (could be intentional)

MAP10 has a linedef action with tag 0

Unfixed Bugs:
@TMD MAP11 has some impassable cage walls with no texture on the front side.
@DukeOfDoom MAP13 doesn't work with infinitely tall actors (like in Crispy) because an imp blocks you from jumping down into the pit at the start
@Obsidian MAP23 is broken and doesn't work in Crispy. I'm not sure why, something about the control sectors, but the floor doesn't lower.

@Walter confetti MAP30 hardlocks you if you don't get to the button after grabbing the BFG. In addition, linedef 6 is missing a lower texture on the front side. 

General:
There is no secret exit from 15 to 31, nor a super secret exit from 31 to 32, so the secret levels cannot be reached in any port that doesn't read ZMAPINFO or using cheats. No biggy.
Ports that read ZMAPINFO use the orange sky texture for all of episode 1. Again, that doesn't require a fix, but I'm not sure if all mappers agree to this change. 

I only tested for bugs to see if all maps could *theoretically* be finished in Crispy (I used cheats), if there are mislabeled doors or other level-breaking bugs. Texture alignment and balance/difficulty levels are up to the individual mapper

Edited by Pistoolkip

1 hour ago, Pistoolkip said:

Bugs found so far:

MAP01 has a linedef action with tag 0

MAP02 has 2 lost souls stuck (could be intentional)

MAP10 has a linedef action with tag 0

Thank you for reporting theese 3 bugs,

Map 1 fixed,

Map 2 fixed,

Map 10 fixed,

Map 14 fixed.

Hardest wad of the year goes to... :P

@Astro X

here's yours!

Edit: Gave it a few more tries, got there in 0:30:

image.png.0b4ce721246c10b9f49a0851848abfd8.png

3 hours ago, Bri said:

Hardest wad of the year goes to... :P

Nah :P

Edited by Pistoolkip

Anyways iam not sure if iam able to fix theese bugs, also i added every sky i can change rsky1 to sky1 or somenthing if its needed

29 minutes ago, Pezl said:

Anyways iam not sure if iam able to fix theese bugs, also i added every sky i can change rsky1 to sky1 or somenthing if its needed

It's also up to the mappers

Edit: I tagged the individual mappers in my bug post

Take a play on doom2-plus using dosbox with some maps on nomonsters, some other not... Didn't find any real bug, even wondered that all the maps played good!

There's some small bugs like a little HOM in MAP04, missing mid grate textures in MAP11 and a medusa effect in MAP28, but the "worst" offenders are:

doom2p-000.png

This switch here in MAP01 needs to lower down, it just adds a pointless backtrack route imo

doom2p-001.png

The bridge over nukage in MAP02 needs a way to get out from this side.

doom2p-007.png

This switch in MAP31 doesn't work, i'm not sure if it's a problem in doom2 exe or happens everywhere, same for the MAP23 and MAP26 lowering floors.

As well i have recorded the demos to use in game: demopack for megawad.zip

The music is wrong in some of the maps for ZDoom ports (looks like maps 19-22). Haven't checked all of the maps yet, so authors should probably check their own maps to make sure everything's okay. Here's the ZMapInfo with those maps fixed.

EDIT: I also changed the map names so that they display both the author's name and the name of the map. 

ZMAPINFO-fixed.zip

Edited by Fiendish