Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scott231ca

Map 15 - The Crossways (DTCA)

Map 15 - The Crossways for the cyberdemon army is out! This map was made by cyber-menace using Zdoom scripting! The one small flaw he couldn't seem to fix in the level was that if a player stands on the spawn point of an enemy the script fails to continue causing you to need to clip to the yellow key! This rarely happens so it isn't much worry! This is quite a good level, but I have no screenshots for it! You can download this map at

http://www24.brinkster.com/doom231ca/dwmaps.htm

I suggest just downloading the whole map pack because it has the necessary files for running map 15! I happen to like this map so feel free to post your opinions here! Cyber-Menace has 4 more maps to do with the current project! The next map he plans to do is "The Moon"! This is going to be the first secret level in the Cyberdemon Army so it should be good! Can you find the way to the secret level in Map 15! It took me about 5 tries of the map to figure it out! The trigger is easy to find, but do you have the sense to backtrack and find the target? Anyways I think you should really check out this map. And if you haven't seen the others you should check them out as well! I hope all the maps in the future will be equally as good as well!

Myself too!

By the way, 12+ BFGs to kill one creature = bad

Oh, and someone will wanna fix the problem with monsters not spawning. Ask if yall can't figure out how, it takes some fancy scripting.

scott231ca said:

The one small flaw he couldn't seem to fix in the level was that if a player stands on the spawn point of an enemy the script fails to continue causing you to need to clip to the yellow key!

I had this trouble in one of my Mock 2 maps - what you need to do is make the monsters teleport in rather than spawn, and then add 'allowmonstertelefrags' to the mapinfo lump. That way, if you're standing on the spawn spot you'll get splattered, telling you that you've done something wrong...

This is technically my map and the teleporting thing is strcitly what I was trying to avoid! The spawn with the fog so wouldn't the player still get splattered if I add that line to the map info?

cyber-menace said:

wouldn't the player still get splattered if I add that line to the map info?

correct. I think.