Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pezl

[RELEASED v3] --- Ultimate Speedmaping Event) --- SpeedWad --- (32 maps -- Community Megawad!

In map 13 you cant leave the spawn on dsdadoom, because of the infinitely tall monsters.

(Having some problems in slade update will be released when i fix it all)

UPDATE v2:

• Map 13 fixed
  • New MAPINFO
Edited by Pezl

I've been playing this in Chocolate Doom, and the DeHackEd lump doesn't work even when I do -dehlump.

So I made my own.

badtrip.7z

All it does is replace MAP06's title in vanilla anyway.

Also, since vanilla doesn't have a MAPINFO of any kind, it'd be nice if all of the levels had their names in a DeHackEd file so that they can show up in Chocolate Doom.

Now that I got the nitpicks out of the way, MAP06 literally crashes in Chocolate Doom as soon as I can see enough of the spiral. No idea why, either, because it doesn't give me an error box that tells me the error, it just crashes.

Oh, and so far, I've seen a HOM in MAP04 in the top area due to a literal missing texture, and a tutti-frutti in MAP01 because vanilla Doom has trouble tiling textures that don't have a height of exactly 128 pixels.

If this entire speedmap WAD is supposed to work in vanilla, then all of the mappers should test their maps in Chocolate Doom or ChocoRenderLimits for compatibility with vanilla, instead of just crossing their fingers and hoping it works.

Edited by Nikku4211

22 minutes ago, Nikku4211 said:

I've been playing this in Chocolate Doom, and the DeHackEd lump doesn't work even when I do -dehlump.

So I made my own.

badtrip.7z

All it does is replace MAP06's title in vanilla anyway.

Also, since vanilla doesn't have a MAPINFO of any kind, it'd be nice if all of the levels had their names in a DeHackEd file so that they can show up in Chocolate Doom.

Now that I got the nitpicks out of the way, MAP06 literally crashes in Chocolate Doom as soon as I can see enough of the spiral. No idea why, either, because it doesn't give me an error box that tells me the error, it just crashes.

Oh, and so far, I've seen a HOM in MAP04 in the top area due to a literal missing texture, and a tutti-frutti in MAP01 because vanilla Doom has trouble tiling textures that don't have a height of exactly 128 pixels.

If this entire speedmap WAD is supposed to work in vanilla, then all of the mappers should test their maps in Chocolate Doom or ChocoRenderLimits for compatibility with vanilla, instead of just crossing their fingers and hoping it works.

Sorry for all problems tommorow i will try to do somenthing

Just finished the wad and I had fun playing it, my favorite map was map 16, it was very creative and I loved seeing the checkerboard but smaller when I teleported to the exit room. Also map 3 was a weird one lol. But overall pretty fun megawad if you are searching for an unique (and sometimes unpolished) megawad.

19 minutes ago, Toad said:

Just finished the wad and I had fun playing it, my favorite map was map 16, it was very creative and I loved seeing the checkerboard but smaller when I teleported to the exit room. Also map 3 was a weird one lol. But overall pretty fun megawad if you are searching for an unique (and sometimes unpolished) megawad.

In first thank you for playing!! Im glad you enjoyed it. Every map is special at somenthing :)

13 hours ago, Pistoolkip said:

MAP23 is broken and doesn't work in Crispy. I'm not sure why, something about the control sectors, but the floor doesn't lower.

Hmm, so it hits Crispy as well then? I had a feeling it might, hence my suggestion to play in Boom compat.

7 hours ago, Pezl said:

(Having some problems in slade update will be released when i fix it all)

UPDATE v2:

• Map 13 fixed
  • New MAPINFO

Just a heads up, looks like the MAPINFO is still not updated in the newer version you posted; the music is still mixed up in maps 19-22.

Maps 05 and 26 are mispelled, even though I submitted them just right.

It's Mortvia, not Mortavia. And it's Icthlarin, not Ichtlarin. I know it's difficult lol

Thank you for every update or bugs and everything else, everything will be done when iam able to do it

I went ahead and fixed the problems people have reported. Map11 and Map15 have been updated, and the ZMAPINFO has been fixed. I also added a .txt file that includes map author and music credits for the maps whose authors provided them (generally, it's not cool to use someone's music without crediting them). 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3t0p5srl4f4kquf/OffSpeedWad_v2.zip/file#

Edited by Fiendish

10 hours ago, Fiendish said:

I went ahead and fixed the problems people have reported. Map11 and Map15 have been updated, and the ZMAPINFO has been fixed. I also added a .txt file that includes map author and music credits for the maps whose authors provided them (generally, it's not cool to use someone's music without crediting them). 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/3t0p5srl4f4kquf/OffSpeedWad_v2.zip/file#

Thank you so much. I was working on that but it didnt go well. You saved me!!

@Pezl@Bobby “lolmcswagger” @Philnemba @DJVCardMaster @Astro X @MFG38 @ScrappyMcDoogerton @Pistoolkip @Worriedidiot @Pezl @TMD @Walter confetti @DukeOfDoom @Pezl @Bri @DukeOfDoom

hey guys hey

I played the first 16 maps - if all goes well and doesn't take too long I'll do the other 16 tomorrow

Tragically my mic got all distorted but I hope the footage is still helpful - I hope it'll be fixed tomorrow or I'll go outside and kick rocks

TBH based on some comments and stuff I thought this would be a hardcore nightmare of gameplay, but I had a great time! All maps I played so far are totally beatable and interesting - good times - some really cool maps here - challenging and fun

Amazing how fast this came together good times

I'm having a BBQ tonight

22 hours ago, Clippy said:

@Pezl@Bobby “lolmcswagger” @Philnemba @DJVCardMaster @Astro X @MFG38 @ScrappyMcDoogerton @Pistoolkip @Worriedidiot @Pezl @TMD @Walter confetti @DukeOfDoom @Pezl @Bri @DukeOfDoom

hey guys hey

I played the first 16 maps - if all goes well and doesn't take too long I'll do the other 16 tomorrow

Tragically my mic got all distorted but I hope the footage is still helpful - I hope it'll be fixed tomorrow or I'll go outside and kick rocks

TBH based on some comments and stuff I thought this would be a hardcore nightmare of gameplay, but I had a great time! All maps I played so far are totally beatable and interesting - good times - some really cool maps here - challenging and fun

Amazing how fast this came together good times

I'm having a BBQ tonight

Hey Clippy thank you so much for the video. Im glad you enjoyed it! You are fast in beating them lol. To me it took long time to beat :D. Good playthrough. Tommorow ill watch second episode hehe. I hope bbq was good!

@General Rainbow Bacon @Snaxalotl @Clippy @Jark @Fiendish @Bri @Obsidian @xdarkmasterx @RiviTheWarlock @Astro X @azerty @Kuro_mahoh @SkeletronMK666 @Walter confetti @General Rainbow Bacon @Nuxius

Good times - I played the second half - which weirdly enough was a video that was 40 SECONDS shorter than part 1

Great stuff I had a lot of fun - all the maps seemed fair and functional and possible to beat.

Hope my video is useful and the damn mic actually works!!!

Have a good one!

Edited by Clippy : I don't know the difference between minutes and seconds apparently

I've gotten to map 31 and noticed a couple of issues here too: There's no secret exit (map32 unreachable), and it's possible to get stuck forever if you cross the crusher stop line at a bad place. The crusher can't be restarted even by pushing the switch in this case. I recommend removing the walkover crusher lines and putting a secret exit somewhere, the door near the TP secret would be a good place for it. I can do it myself if you want.

18 minutes ago, xdarkmasterx said:

The current v2 still includes the unbeatable level 13. I made a quick patch if I'm allowed to share (if not, I'll remove it) https://www.dropbox.com/s/5j4tqbryscse8z1/OffSpeedWad v2hotfix.rar?dl=0

Thanks! I haven't played through the set quite yet, so didn't realize it still wasn't fixed. Looks good now (at least the issue at the beginning). @Pezl want to update the download?

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

snip

Thanks for the playthrough and the kind words! I still need to play through the whole set myself, but looking forward to playing your map and everyone else's!

...hang on, why does my submission not have the music I packaged with it?

EDIT: Just checked and the music I included is currently playing on MAP01: seems it wasn't renamed to account for its new position on the maplist. Rename it to D_AMPIE and it should work fine.

On 9/5/2021 at 1:13 PM, Clippy said:

@General Rainbow Bacon @Snaxalotl @Clippy @Jark @Fiendish @Bri @Obsidian @xdarkmasterx @RiviTheWarlock @Astro X @azerty @Kuro_mahoh @SkeletronMK666 @Walter confetti @General Rainbow Bacon @Nuxius

Good times - I played the second half - which weirdly enough was a video that was 40 SECONDS shorter than part 1

Great stuff I had a lot of fun - all the maps seemed fair and functional and possible to beat.

Hope my video is useful and the damn mic actually works!!!

Have a good one!

RIP the pinky corpse covered the rocket launcher

On 9/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, Obsidian said:

...hang on, why does my submission not have the music I packaged with it?

EDIT: Just checked and the music I included is currently playing on MAP01: seems it wasn't renamed to account for its new position on the maplist. Rename it to D_AMPIE and it should work fine.

Likewise, please use D_STLKS2 for my map11

17 minutes ago, Zero Master's Clone said:

how do you people make maps so damn fast?

is there a trick to it?

Some things that I personally find to be of help when it comes to speedmapping:

• Being familiar with the tools at your disposal.
  • Not caring about trivial details.
  • Not caring about the quality of the gameplay.
  • Exorbitant amounts of copy-paste.

These maps look pretty fun! much better than my maps lol, I gonna give them playthrough tonight and take a much needed break from my own stuff and maybe gain a little inspo