Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_Big_Leblyatski

what weapon would you want to be in doom if you could create or port any gun from any other game

im wondering what guns you guys would add to doom if you could make your own gun or port one. my choice would be a hard hitting M1 Garand rifle with a bayonet on it but thats just cause i love old school rifles but what would be your gun and if you would, make a scenario on how the doom guy gets the gun too

The BFG-50 would be a good sniper.

Just now, The_Big_Leblyatski said:

you mean the 50 BMG or somethin else, im not sure ive heard of the BFG 50

No, I meant the Serbu Bfg 50.

Postal 2's .50 Desert Eagle. That thing is uncannily accurate and powerful, to the point of rivaling the sniper rifle in many roles.

Also, this one:

IMO, Doom has always lacked a weapon shooting a heavy, powerful, relatively accurate slug (later railgun mods come close, but meh). Since you're hunting/fighting Big Game in Doom, it only stands to reason to use an Express Rifle:

Edited by Maes

All of them, at once.

Like get the entire screen flooded by an absurd mismatched collection of guns and unassorted weapon-like things, crudely duct-tapped together. With a string going through all the triggers. And to fire, you pull the string to pull all the triggers at once. And then the game grinds to a halt as it spawns a few hundred different projectiles, each with their own quirky properties and behavior.

The Shock Rifle from the Unreal series. I've always been more into Quake than Unreal/Unreal Tournament, but I'll be damned if shock combos aren't the coolest thing ever.

31 minutes ago, Gez said:

All of them, at once.

Like get the entire screen flooded by an absurd mismatched collection of guns and unassorted weapon-like things, crudely duct-tapped together. With a string going through all the triggers. And to fire, you pull the string to pull all the triggers at once. And then the game grinds to a halt as it spawns a few hundred different projectiles, each with their own quirky properties and behavior.

Well, that's what the first ever DEHackED patch (perhaps the demo DEH that came with the program) did, in a sense: it was just some sort of "ultimate weapon" that consisted of all other guns firing at the same time :-)

A motherfucking flamethrower with not one, not two, not three but seven pipes which shoot lots of FIRE. YEAH BOY

Edited by Teo Slayer

A demonic weapon that channels the demons with projectile’s attacks based on the last projectile demon killed, and full auto at that. 

Silencer you can find in certain areas which makes your shots not alert other enemies. Coupled with freelook and headshot mechanics, you could have a stealth Doom game!

2 hours ago, Gez said:

All of them, at once.

Reminds me of how startled I was the first time I accidentally activated all items at once in Hexen after typing the cheat to get all items, but to a much more reasonable degree.

I would port the Sailor Saturn's staff from Sailor Moon Doom.

It's a cool melee weapon and it isn't loud like the chainsaw is.

I did make a few shitty looking guns for my own megawad so I guess I'll just say one of those:

Dtex Energy Rifle: Slightly slower firing Plasma Rifle that does more damage per shot to compensate for the lower firing rate. It has smaller projectiles so that you don't get have trouble seeing when you hold down the fire button, has its own ammo pool so that the BFG doesn't make it obsolete.

I would always want to see a whole demonic arsenal. The only hint of that in offical doom games is the Unmaker from 64 and the Reaver from D4's mp.

I love that flesh tech aesthetic. 

I really like grenade launchers personally,  you could port it in through dehacked but unless you use the bounce flag it won't bounce, and it kinda sucks that it wont work in vanilia if you do that.

4 hours ago, Shepardus said:

The Shock Rifle from the Unreal series. I've always been more into Quake than Unreal/Unreal Tournament, but I'll be damned if shock combos aren't the coolest thing ever.

I actually made one, try it out :) It's here, around 4th row from the top.