Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pixel Fiend

Challenge the person above you to play / beat a level

Off topic: 

I saw lots of talking, but aren't these challenges to be completed actually supposed to be recorded too? I see no single video posted by the challenged players here. Then what is the reason? You'll never know if the person has accepted the challenge, even less so completed them. I suggest videos to be posted about this thing or maybe at least... get recorded and posted in a different thread. 

Anyways, my challenge would be Requiem 24 from pistol start on UV without using mellee attacks, but I don't think that's possible. So, let's say your mellee attack can be the chainsaw only. 

Edit: 100% kills required, 100% secrets not obligatory. 

Just now, spd7693 said:

Off topic: 

I saw lots of talking, but aren't these challenges to be completed actually supposed to be recorded too? I see no single video posted by the challenged players here. Then what is the reason? You'll never know if the person has accepted the challenge, even less so completed them. I suggest videos to be posted about this thing or maybe at least... get recorded and posted in a different thread. 

Anyways, my challenge would be Requiem 24 from pistol start on UV without using mellee attacks, but I don't think that's possible. So, let's say your mellee attack can be the chainsaw only. 

I recorded a demo for both of my challenges though I don't know if other people also did that.

30 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

I challenge you to complete Sunlust MAP30 UV-Max, keyboard only. 

I would like to pass on this, I've been trying these maps and all I get in the end is pain o- o gimmie something hard but not frickin murderous.

10 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

I recorded a demo for both of my challenges though I don't know if other people also did that.

I've been recording demos as well.

Beat map1 from Advent on any difficulty. If you feel ballsy, do it without saves. It's a long map though.

I don't see much point suggesting some absurd things here (looking at you, okuplok), you should be able to complete your own challenge... 

27 minutes ago, spd7693 said:

Off topic: 

I CAN'T DO IT WAHHHHHHHHHHH

43 minutes ago, El Inferno said:

Beat map1 from Advent on any difficulty. If you feel ballsy, do it without saves. It's a long map though.

I don't see much point suggesting some absurd things here (looking at you, okuplok), you should be able to complete your own challenge... 

I ALMOST DID IT and then i fell in a hole :( this was my first attempt too...

advent.zip

above, uh... Play Doom II Map32 UV pacifist w/o the invisibility sphere. 

25 minutes ago, Worriedidiot said:

@forgettablepyromaniac

2 Sectors MAP06
- UV Max
- Saves aren't allowed

- Have Fun ;)

(Btw I don't like it when people don't tag the person that's above. It makes things a bit more confusing)

2sec.zip AHA I DID IT

Also above, do... Doom UV Ep1 with respawning monsters. That's all.

2 hours ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

uh, above. E4M1 UV, and you have to hit the NIN secret. Don't have to 100% it or anything, just have to hit the NIN secret before you leave.

I completed it 100% anyway, and I'm glad I did. It was fun. Took me two tries, would've taken longer if I didn't know the infighting strategy. Here's the video.

On 9/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, forgettablepyromaniac said:

Halfway through I had to pause so idk if that appears in the demo and I also paused again to try and lookup on the doomwiki where that final secret was but I got lost so \_(o~o)_/ Missed one secret but I got all the baddies and such.

prcp32uv.zip

I will say that the person above me has to complete the Chasm on HMP under 1:10.

Best part is that I never played the Chasm

1 hour ago, valkiriforce said:

Done.

brain dumb i meant 31 but still cool :))

31 minutes ago, OtcoGaming said:

I completed it 100% anyway, and I'm glad I did. It was fun. Took me two tries, would've taken longer if I didn't know the infighting strategy. Here's the video

gamer moment :DD

3 hours ago, spd7693 said:

Off topic: 

I didn't record a video or a demo because the run probably will be very long(depending on the difficulty of the map) and will be very boring to watch, I guess... I take some screenshots but I think is not a good proof so I didn't post them here... Also, I can't do a video because of a bug with viddump in prboom-plus :( but I'll try to record a demo for the challenges I accept.

Edited by SilentD00mer

On 9/2/2021 at 8:37 PM, OniriA said:

I challenge you to play Alien Vendetta's Map 20 with no monsters using a controller while being upside down on your chair/couch. 

I passed out, and for other people doing this a chair is very unstable to do head stands in... the couch is a much better option

something easier for you then: Beat Episode 1 of Doom on UV with whatever unconventional control scheme you want, that isn't keyboard only.

(Examples being mouse only, a DDR pad, or somethin like that. Just some way you don't usually play doom.)

16 hours ago, Magicana said:

I challenge you to Sunder Map02 :).

I sort of cheated, but challenge accepted and completed. I ended up using Scypek's Bite-Sized Threat gameplay mod (which has become my favorite way to play slaughter maps, when I just can't be arsed to spend the time and energy grinding them out). I have to say though, that after playing through several Sunder maps with this mod, they go together very well!

Video in spoiler tag:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, xdude_gamer said:

I CAN'T DO IT WAHHHHHHHHHHH

Well, simply beat the map then. The map with worst ammo balance EVER. What was Anthony Czerwonka thinking of when making such a map except the textures he created? Textures don't matter if your map is unplayable. 

@forgettablepyromaniac

E4M1 UV & without taking damage (without saves) in under 1 minute and 50 seconds.

(about to upload a video of me doing this, just gotta wait for it to export)

Edit: Alright, I got it uploaded. Here it is; 

(video is just a proof of concept)

Edited by Paf

10 hours ago, Paf said:

E4M1 UV & without taking damage (without saves) in under 1 minute and 50 seconds.

Bruh what o- o

I'm not going to be able to do this myself, not without TAS tools. I'm not that good at the game LUL

2 hours ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

Bruh what o- o

I'm not going to be able to do this myself, not without TAS tools. I'm not that good at the game LUL

If I can do it, you can definitely do it better.

I genuinely suck at Doom.
(also, any challenges for me?)

46 minutes ago, Paf said:

If I can do it, you can definitely do it better.

I genuinely suck at Doom.
(also, any challenges for me?)

Well without taking damage? Would take all day, and I'm kinda busy with coding shenanigans atm, but I'll see what I can do.

As for a challenge for you... Doom II Map28 Pacifist?

This seems kinda fun, even if I am intimidated by people giving Sunder-tier bullshit hard maps.

I'll go with something easy(ish) - DooM II MAP08 Pistol Start.

Please have mercy.