Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alceryes

What weapon is that?!

I picked up Doom (2016) recently on sale and am just getting into it. Haven't played any previous Doom title.

I'm practicing in multiplayer 'practice' and the bots have this weapon that I haven't used/found yet. It's a slow moving red energy swirl thing that sounds like electric arching and does a HELL of a lot of damage. Where can I find it? I only have the option of 3 loadouts and it's not in any of those (as far as I can tell).

TIA!

It's a Siphon Grenade, an equipment item, you can equip it in your loadout and throw it with equipment/grenade key.

Cool. Thanks!

Thing is, I have no XP and can't change my loadouts. I'm just practicing, ATM.

So, I guess the bots are given weapons in practice mode that I don't have access to yet.

15 hours ago, alceryes said:

I'm practicing in multiplayer 'practice' and the bots

Wait, Doom 2016 mutiplayer has bots?! I couldn't find anything about this! (Or maybe I wasn't reading it right.)

Question.

If you never played a Doom game before why are you on a smaller classic doom focused forum?

20 hours ago, Theperson said:

Question.

If you never played a Doom game before why are you on a smaller classic doom focused forum?

This is one of the biggest DOOM forums on the web, and the site has 2 categories for the new games and he posted in the correct one, so I don't get why you're being smarmy about his post.

On 8/26/2021 at 4:46 PM, HavoX said:

Wait, Doom 2016 mutiplayer has bots?! I couldn't find anything about this! (Or maybe I wasn't reading it right.)

I had also no Idea, have to test it out :D

On 8/26/2021 at 2:32 AM, alceryes said:

I picked up Doom (2016) recently on sale and am just getting into it. Haven't played any previous Doom title.

I'm practicing in multiplayer 'practice' and the bots have this weapon that I haven't used/found yet. It's a slow moving red energy swirl thing that sounds like electric arching and does a HELL of a lot of damage. Where can I find it? I only have the option of 3 loadouts and it's not in any of those (as far as I can tell).

TIA!

On 8/26/2021 at 2:41 AM, sluggard said:

It's a Siphon Grenade, an equipment item, you can equip it in your loadout and throw it with equipment/grenade key.

And one of the best if you ask me.

On 8/26/2021 at 2:53 PM, Theperson said:

Question.

Probably because they've never played a Doom game and they have a Doom-related question, so they looked for a Doom forum to find assistance. Searching "Doom Forum" on any search engine shows Doomworld as the top result. Hence why they're here and asking their question in the appropriate sub-forum.

On 9/29/2021 at 4:41 AM, QuaketallicA said:

Better question is why start with Doom from 2016 over Doom from 1993?

Cuz it’s more modern. Someone with no attachment to the franchise is of course more likely to start with a more modern game that is similar to other games they’ve played, rather than picking up a game that’s older than they are.

That’s like saying “Why would you even watch Godzilla vs Kong if you haven’t watched the seventy years of movies that proceed it bruh?” Seriously, get this BS gatekeeping out of here.

11 hours ago, Faceman2000 said:

Someone with no attachment to the franchise is of course more likely to start with a more modern game that is similar to other games they’ve played, rather than picking up a game that’s older than they are.

I can say with 100% certainty that the opposite was true for me.

On 10/1/2021 at 5:47 AM, QuaketallicA said:

I can say with 100% certainty that the opposite was true for me.

Doesn't mean you have to be a biggot about it. People are different. Some start from newer games, some played older ones, and others won't even touch newer games because of one reason or another.

There is no point in starting on a 90's game unless you are a campaign completionist playing red alert franchise. Doom has no backstory, it's just slaying demons, and every installment works as seperate installment, not as a franchise. 

Meanwhile Command and Conquer tiberium wars really needs the backstory of previous tiberium wars to make sense, including the one game where it all started from, which, if I remember correctly, was red alert.

And it's the same with say Need for Speed, which works both as seperate installments, as well as franchise, even though it's run into ground thanks to EA.

So yhea grow up, or shut up.