Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

Zone 400 released! (beyond the absolute final bugfix version September 26)

Just finished Zone 400 and I have to say I enjoyed it from start to finish (played on UV/continuous play) ! I liked how teleporting monsters had me running around like a headless chicken in so many occasions :). Special mention to map 31, I'm used to play with brightness set to low, and that level scared the shit out of me.

Great job @pcorf, I was already a fan of Zone 300, now can't wait for your next production !

Enjoying this one so-far, congrats. Just wanted to say map31 was beautiful.

Just finished your megawad and it was great! Nice level design, sometimes it relies heavily on monsterclosets and teleporting monster fights, but still great wad! I would love to see a Zone 500 or even a Zone 100 or 200 for extra small levels :D

1 hour ago, purple_toadster said:

Just finished your megawad and it was great! Nice level design, sometimes it relies heavily on monsterclosets and teleporting monster fights, but still great wad! I would love to see a Zone 500 or even a Zone 100 or 200 for extra small levels :D

Glad you enjoyed it.

If you want 4 extra linedefs, @Capellan created Doom 404 about 3 years ago which was kind of an unofficial prequel to Zone 400.

If there was to be a 3rd installment in the "Zone" series I may have it as a community project.

6 hours ago, Jayextee said:

...and I may yet do another...

99 lines?

200 lines?

256 lines?

667 lines? :D

On 8/24/2021 at 8:11 PM, pcorf said:

Glad you enjoyed it.

If you want 4 extra linedefs, @Capellan created Doom 404 about 3 years ago which was kind of an unofficial prequel to Zone 400.

If there was to be a 3rd installment in the "Zone" series I may have it as a community project.

Thank you, I will check it out right now.

Recently noticed you released this, and was quite happy about it since I'm a big fan of WoS, so I've featured this little bit in my new Walpurgis video.

Thanks alot for Zone 400, your short and reasonably fair levels are exactly my cup of tea in Doom, where there are so many massive slaughterwads around these days, and I was happy to complete it!

I been meaning to play more

more than just the first 3 lol

I was recently bombarded with requests but I plan to continue the journey!

Legit these maps are exactly what I look for in doom maps - short, challenging and sweet - the 400 linedef limitation is a goldmine for creativity and appealing short and fun - entertaining gameplay

Hey @pcorf Just wanted to check in how the bugfix is coming along? I'm ready to do all the episode 3 maxs and the episode 3 max itself, but just want to know if you plan to do any more updates after map 26 and map 28? If not i will start routing the zone 400 d2all demo asap!

Thanks.

23 minutes ago, Bob9001 said:

Hey @pcorf Just wanted to check in how the bugfix is coming along? I'm ready to do all the episode 3 maxs and the episode 3 max itself, but just want to know if you plan to do any more updates after map 26 and map 28? If not i will start routing the zone 400 d2all demo asap!

Thanks.

Bugfix is not complete yet, give it a week or two. It has been a total pain seeing these things sneak up behind your back. Will update this page when it is out.

Hopefully this is the final update for Zone 400.

A huge thanks to The DWmegawad Club for their criticism, reviews and feedback of the maps plus their awesome demos and playbacks, etc.

What has changed:

• MAP23: Level name corrected. Changed from Tridactlum to Tridactylum
  • MAP23, MAP25: Some minor adjustments.
  • MAP26: A little bit more ammo and health but not that much, the slime damage reduced from 20% to 10%. Hopefully still a bastard of a map in some ways.
  • MAP28: Fixed misaligned MARBFACE texture.
  • Various minor fixes, such as removing the /r from an intermission text.
  • New demos needed to be recorded.

I will now upload to idgames.

DOWNLOAD ZONE 400 (ZIPPED, BEYOND THE ABSOLUTE FINAL BUGFIX VERSION SEPTEMBER 26)

READ .TXT FILE

Now it is time to finish off that 2002 A Doom Odyssey sequel!

Made a little vanilla-compatible dehacked patch for custom automap names and story texts as seen in the embedded BEX format lump. Had to shorten a few automap names and story texts to fit within the limits, but the core ideas are still there.

zone400_deh.zip

Any time I only have a little time I come here 

Always short and fun with great fair setups 

Nice! 

Every single time I play these maps I have a good time - the start was intimidating on pistol start but I eventually got er goin - fun secrets too - always a good time

Had a short window to play Doom so thought would delve into another map

As always this set delivers in fun. I died a few times in this one lol 

There's something oddly catchy about the music here. I have a tune from another map stuck in my head unsure which one and inspired me to play again

I'm always fascinated how you make things work with the 400 linedefs and these maps are just so much fun to play

I rarely want to immediately replay maps and this was one of those times 

Teleporting guys really threw me for a loop

I can't express enough how much fun I have while playing this. Fun fun fun great music really gets me into it PERFECT 

Like I just feel great after playing this 

Only had time for a short map and wanted to do a video with @Dubbag so of course this lovely set comes to mind

This map felt quite different than the others visually and gameplay wise. I was riding so high after doing good on the last map and this one gave me a go and I felt like the ammo was the most lacking yet - I got wrecked LOL

I keep saying when I am in the mood for doom but want something in a pinch, this is my go to - super fun map - which I found surprisingly easier than most, I miss the more classic look of the early maps but this one looks cool - good times