• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

On 7/24/2021 at 3:56 AM, Nootrac4571 said:

Some extra textures to go with Brick10, for all your slimy sewer needs:

1611904724_brick10extended.png.949e6a76dc28c53adf710c24dcb2d7fe.png

@Gez Can you tell please how to make those cool curved arches? I just want to make them too but i cant find a way to make them seem normal. Trying to adjust the brickas always screws the image up.

10 hours ago, Shibainumaster said:

M_DOOM4.png.c05338239962c2fc6289890cee62c4bf.png

This is a neat logo. Are you planning on using it for something or you just decided to make a beige logo variant for no reason?

2 hours ago, Nootrac4571 said:

I'm not Gez, but here's an example of how I made those arches:

clean!! i'd also recommend people check out aseprite for pixel work - the way it handles rotation really cuts the work time down compared to other tools.

8 hours ago, Nootrac4571 said:

I'm not Gez, but here's an example of how I made those arches:

archway-timelapse.gif.c432f31980e7d7a28f27b7919dcf7494.gif

Basically it's just a matter of copy-pasting a brick, shifting it around a bit to make it curved to match the arch, then rotating and pasting it. The only tricky bit is the pixel cleanup on each brick; no getting around this, you're going to have to do a little bit of pixel pushing - but this (not great, but functional) texture only took about ten minutes to make.

Then another 25 minutes to make the .gif,  but ahem.

Wholeheartedly thanks

8 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

This is a neat logo. Are you planning on using it for something or you just decided to make a beige logo variant for no reason?

Theres a side project i'am working on, working title Doom: Evil Unleashed, it's a revision of all the 4 episodes of Ultimate Doom.

Shibainumaster loving the midtexture work. Always felt stock Doom tex was lacking in that regard. 

Hopefully I will post some of my own here... Been eavesdropping this thread for a few months now. 

One thing to note is I'm poor at creating from scratch, I prefer editing existing textures. 

Keep up the good work all 👍🏼

Btw the metal hook with gore reminds me of the one in PSX Doom

Edited by Bengaltiger1 : Mentioning specific texture

Spoiler

These all look really dope, great work. I especially like the fact that the textures look unique while still being vanilla-style. Sometimes people make some really cool textures but then you can't use them because they don't fit in with the other textures.

That lamp over the wood texture needs some work though. 

Welp, this is awkward. Accidental double post and no clue how to delete it so fuck it.

696026834_DerelictCOMPTextureswithnightskies.PNG.4df504ff45fa0a29825c399bf1ed29d9.PNG307275923_BONUSTEXTURES.PNG.b87cd111dca85f3e321b9de8a3a83602.PNG

Couple broken comp textures and two night skies, with a blue RSKY1 overlay

EDIT: Nuts to it, here is a few more.

Edited by ItsNatureToDie : Added more textures

On 3/16/2021 at 10:03 AM, Pirx said:

beautiful! very haunted-house-like

We do a little trolling

That is an interesting aesthetic for sure. Feels like I'm inside the screensaver maze, or some early 2000's shovelware Windows game that still lists "truecolor 3D graphics" as a feature.

7 hours ago, RetroAkaMe said:

Either took pics from the internet or either IRL. Was pretty fun taking them IRL tho.

Very Hacx! That circuitboard room has a really great atmosphere.

Here are some flats, a dirt (goes well with TANROCK5), a halfpint version of the pentagram GATE, a grass, a grayrock/grass, and two flat versions of TEKWALL.

Example screenshots

Spoiler

eGZ0Q4I.png

hzCaGos.png

ERTVwq1.png

DRTVINE.png

SMALGATE.png

TEKFLAT1.png

TEKFLAT2.png

ZGRASS3.png

ZGRASS4.png

Edited by slugger

5 hours ago, slugger said:

Very Hacx! That circuitboard room has a really great atmosphere.

Here are some flats, a dirt (goes well with TANROCK5), a halfpint version of the pentagram GATE, a grass, a grayrock/grass, and two flat versions of TEKWALL.

Example screenshots

Reveal hidden contents

eGZ0Q4I.png

hzCaGos.png

ERTVwq1.png

DRTVINE.png

SMALGATE.png

TEKFLAT1.png

TEKFLAT2.png

ZGRASS3.png

ZGRASS4.png

The game's separate from Doom. The episode I'm working on happens on space but the second in earth so the dirt would be used.

9 hours ago, Scypek2 said:

or some early 2000's shovelware Windows game

It's actually supposed to be a tribute to retro FPS games.

a couple of vanilla crate recolors I made (also redid the numbers on the brown 32x32 crates so they're not the same as the gray ones)
CRATELT2.png.625b0f3886cefc309d54b1227e056c08.pngCRATINY2.png.3df0068bd78a8f082ecc903361309a29.png