Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OpenRift

[NOW AVAILABLE] The Ultimate TWANGO - A Deathmatch MegaWAD for The Ultimate Doom

4 hours ago, OpenRift said:

God daaaamn I don't know how I missed this! Great stuff! Just remember to stay in vanilla limits ;)

I'm making sure I'm staying in vanilla limits. :)

Spoiler

image.png.a394f0d1801cd0c7201c4f9ce210021c.png

3 hours ago, Pistoolkip said:

Mapname: Bloodtub
Slot: E4M3
Tested on: Zdaemon (with bots), Cholocate Doom*

I couldn't get it to run under Vanilla Doom, but I think that's more my fault than the WADs. let me know if you run into any trouble.

I've never made any deathmatch maps before, and this one is pretty small and intense, so let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements, I'd love to hear them!

Bloodtub.zip

Screenshots:

Hide contents

DM-20210908-004818.png.e9e58fbadc49c01fd0a9fd4e44819303.png

DM-20210908-004836.png.c58aa35a52e268052ae3d1f992a914a7.png

DM-20210908-004908.png.20a0093c82dae4f10fbba0fc0c304aff.png

It looks really good, though it should probably paths/rooms branching off of it to give it a little more variety. If there's one thing that playing DECA.WAD has taught me, it's that having one big room to deathmatch in gets boring fast. You NAILED the episode 4 theme though, good job.

1 hour ago, IggySqiggles said:

I'm making sure I'm staying in vanilla limits. :)

Hide contents

image.png.a394f0d1801cd0c7201c4f9ce210021c.png

It looks so good... 🤤

11 hours ago, OpenRift said:

It looks so good... 🤤

Wait, is Chocolate Doom considered "vanilla" or do I have to use DOSBox? Because I HATE DOSBOX!

Just now, xdude_gamer said:

In both MIDI and WAV just for purposes of quality. MIDI for the actual WAD, and WAV for cool listening. Made in TuxGuitar!

D_INTER.zip

Can also be used for E2M3 under the consent of the map maker. ;)

21 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

Tell me if everything it's good here, as usual. I hope you like it!

Yes, this works way better, its biggest problem was fixed, that being its size. Now it is a proper DM map, that resembles the old days of Greenwar DM, without the boring green textures.

23 hours ago, Worriedidiot said:

The visplane overflow should be fixed now.

e4m1death_V2.rar

This one is really good, works for me, I don't find many problems, as you can circle this map smoothly. I like how there is a window to rocketspam any cunt that tries to get the berserk pack. Yes it is a weird room to have in DM, but that window saves it from being unnecessary.

Edited by DJVCardMaster

18 hours ago, Pistoolkip said:

Mapname: Bloodtub
Slot: E4M3
Tested on: Zdaemon (with bots), Cholocate Doom*

Another good one, this is an arena style DM, and I'm sure it would feel pretty spammy. spawns make it a little bit slower paced though, but I won't recall this a problem. The E4 style was nailed, for sure.

Stilling figuring it out, can someone have a look at it and see if there's any tweaks I could make or bugs to crush ( I still don't know if the visplane standing on the stairs is still there or if I fixed it)

I'm still new to making DM maps, let me know if theres anything to tweak or fix and ill fix it

E4M2DV.zip

Filename: E4M2DV.wad

I'm still thinking of a title and I still need to find a midi but I should have those soon

6 hours ago, Mystic 256 said:

Stilling figuring it out, can someone have a look at it and see if there's any tweaks I could make or bugs to crush ( I still don't know if the visplane standing on the stairs is still there or if I fixed it)

I'm still new to making DM maps, let me know if theres anything to tweak or fix and ill fix it

E4M2DV.zip

Filename: E4M2DV.wad

I'm still thinking of a title and I still need to find a midi but I should have those soon

I do like your take on Perfect Hatred, very interesting. Though I did run into a few visplane overflows, so you may want to look into that.

Been working on fixing the visplane issues, I'm about to post a updated version soon, I'm having a lot of trouble reducing the visplane in a specific area so give me sometime

I'm thinking the map should be called "Perfect Vexation" because the visplane overflows are causing vexation to me

PERF_VEX.zip

Map Name: Perfect Vexation

I think I might of fixed the Visplane Overflows now, but if u do spot any let me know, and if there's any tweaks it could use let me know

I still need a midi too

3 hours ago, Mystic 256 said:

PERF_VEX.zip

Map Name: Perfect Vexation

I think I might of fixed the Visplane Overflows now, but if u do spot any let me know, and if there's any tweaks it could use let me know

I still need a midi too

There are some spots here and there that MAY trigger VPOs, I could not manage to trigger them, but I suppose it would be triggered in online play. My recommendation would be to use 32 units-grids as much as you can, specially on the rocky parts of the level.
image.png.f7ad8586370aaef52914aa0df48b91ff.png

Layout and architechture is great here, my only gripe would be that feels too dark, and would not be a problem for it to be lighter in favor of visibility, which is pretty important to have in a competitive match at any game.
Also, the exit switch is confusing, it should be marked with an EXIT sign, as someone could confuse it with a regular switch and exit the level (or frag himself in modern source-ports). 
In addition, consider not making players walk that much on killing floors to return to safe zones, like the one at the south. I feel that's more of a personal problem, but we can only speculate if that is much or not before doing playtests.

37 minutes ago, DJVCardMaster said:

There are some spots here and there that MAY trigger VPOs, I could not manage to trigger them, but I suppose it would be triggered in online play. My recommendation would be to use 32 units-grids as much as you can, specially on the rocky parts of the level.
image.png.f7ad8586370aaef52914aa0df48b91ff.png

Layout and architechture is great here, my only gripe would be that feels too dark, and would not be a problem for it to be lighter in favor of visibility, which is pretty important to have in a competitive match at any game.
Also, the exit switch is confusing, it should be marked with an EXIT sign, as someone could confuse it with a regular switch and exit the level (or frag himself in modern source-ports). 
In addition, consider not making players walk that much on killing floors to return to safe zones, like the one at the south. I feel that's more of a personal problem, but we can only speculate if that is much or not before doing playtests.

How did u make a visplane heatmap?

I'm not the best at solving visplane issues, I'm usually a boom mapper, this my first vanilla project, but i'll try and tweak it a little more and see if i can fix it some more (any mopre ideas in particular to solve visplane issues?)

also I did put a exit sign on the exit, maybe its too high up or too dark to see if you didn't notice it,  I should lower it and maybe brighten the sign up

I suppose I could brighten the map a bit even though I was trying to go for the perfect hatred dark vibe

as for the lava, maybe i could put something so theres less lava you walk through in the lower parts, just not near the top parts of the lava since the soul sphere and ammo stockpile is suppose to be a risk vs reward kinda thing

Just now, Mystic 256 said:

How did u make a visplane heatmap?

I'm not the best at solving visplane issues, I'm usually a boom mapper, this my first vanilla project, but i'll try and tweak it a little more and see if i can fix it some more (any mopre ideas in particular to solve visplane issues?)

also I did put a exit sign on the exit, maybe its too high up or too dark to see if you didn't notice it,  I should lower it and maybe brighten the sign up

I suppose I could brighten the map a bit even though I was trying to go for the perfect hatred dark vibe

as for the lava, maybe i could put something so theres less lava you walk through in the lower parts, just not near the top parts of the lava since the soul sphere and ammo stockpile is suppose to be a risk vs reward kinda thing

It's a software called Visplane Explorer, same software comes included on GZDoom Builder, I use the standalone one, anyways, personal preference. It also makes a heatmap of Drawsegs and other stuff.

My only ideas is to maintain as orthogonal as possible, if not, use the 32-grid as much as you can, specially while doing rocky places, when orthogonality is often, not considered. In this case, at the east part of the map, there are some stairs attached into a 16-unit grid, that should be changed, aswell as the walls. VPOs usually happen in big areas. It also has to do with nodebuilder, as different nodebuilders draw visplanes differently, (often in more efficient ways, often not.). I usually do details to hallways or short areas when I know there aren't many sectors in my field of view.

Oh, I did not see the exit sign, but yes, it should be visible easily, as the exit switch is not behind some doors. I don't think lightening the map a bit would be bad for the "Perfect Hatred" experience. I always use more than 128 light units. 160 is prefered.

Personally, I would rise the sector where the TP to the "start" is, and remove the lava only there, the rest is fine.

Map name: Dood kind
Slot: E4M7
Tested on: Zdaemon (with bots), GZDoom, Chocolate Doom
Visplane Explorer shows no problems
No music change or added textures.

I used a ton of the aesthetics from E4M7, and one of the rooms is very much based on a room in this map, but it's also very distinctive. Map is a lot larger than E4M3, but still compact and full of action. I tried my best to incorporate the difficulty settings, so I had to move some items around to make the hotspots appealing at all settings. 

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210909_195901.png.3435eef13de6b3546240fc77c66ebd24.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210909_195915.png.0506ebec91c96ebacd1207b1fcdff987.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210909_195945.png.3d90f5db838bb2c57f86c907ae953d59.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210909_195933.png.9446e9af88db9907600df821afec1ad3.png

Room based on E4M7. The switch makes the BFG and Mega-armor accessible (temporarily)

Edit: Uploaded new version. Made some minor changes, mostly with texture alignment and the like.

Edit 2: Another new version with some minor changes, improved visualization and item placement

E4M7DM.zip

Edited by Pistoolkip

A reimagining of E1M4's motif of power chords as a Metallica thrash song.

Takes inspiration from:

Damage Inc. (Drum roll in intro and tempo in general)
Trapped Under Ice (Main riff and part of mini solo)
E1M4's original music (F#-G-F#-E power chord motif)

E1M4 remake.zip