Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grain of Salt

It's Cirno Day

By creating this fullbody PCB Cirno portrait:

473034486_FullbodyPCBCirnoPortrait.png.307bc0a999e6e8ad29b07b983b8707f3.png

I shared this as a status update, but a thread has been made for this so I thought I'd share it here.

Her PCB portrait was cut off by the sides, so I used this ZUN illustration but AI upscaled and attached the cut sides to her original PCB portrait. I also did some slight editing to clean it up.

Use it for what you need, no credit needed.

3 hours ago, Murdoch said:

I googled this and still have no idea what's going on.

As a Touhou fan, let me explain:

The number 9 (or more specifically, ⑨) is correlated to "Cirno" from Touhou, and today is 9/9.

Why ⑨? In the manual for (ironically) Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View, she is labelled as "9. baka" (i.e idiot) in an explanation of the game screen's layout.

^^Bad explanation. Ignore

Edited by Wavy

17 minutes ago, Wavy said:

As a Touhou fan, let me explain:

The number 9 (or more specifically, ⑨) is correlated to "Cirno" from Touhou, and today is 9/9.

Why ⑨? In the manual for (ironically) Touhou 9: Phantasmagoria of Flower View, she is labelled as "9. baka" (i.e idiot) in an explanation of the game screen's layout.

I'm going to jump on the train with Murdoch. Even with the explanation, I still have no idea what's going on.

12 minutes ago, Jello said:

I'm going to jump on the train with Murdoch. Even with the explanation, I still have no idea what's going on.

Yup, no clue. Touhou is apparently an amine game of some kind but I still cannot comprehend Wavy's explanation. I am reminded of the time I got stuck at an Air Force party (that's what I get for hanging out with Air Force people). I remember sitting there baffled thinking "It sounds like English and yet I have no idea what these people are on about."

On a Zandronum server, a friend of mine was using a Cirno skin with considerably loud voice clips. Another player (not naming names) got annoyed with him and after about 20 minutes, he told us to fuck ourselves and then left. The next day, we found him on Doomworld complaining about anime. Uh, the end.

Maybe I should go on Zandronum and play as Cirno for today in celebration.

4 hours ago, Murdoch said:

Yup, no clue. Touhou is apparently an amine game of some kind but I still cannot comprehend Wavy's explanation. I am reminded of the time I got stuck at an Air Force party (that's what I get for hanging out with Air Force people). I remember sitting there baffled thinking "It sounds like English and yet I have no idea what these people are on about."

Touhou Project is a bullet hell STG in the vein of Dodonpachi, Battle Garegga et.al.

As for why Cirno Day is a thing, think it like an inside joke among fans of the series like how...

Spoiler

Graf hated lilith.wad but it still won a Cacoward.

6 hours ago, northivanastan said:

By continuing to put off playing Touhou, unfortunately.

Try it, it's fun even if it's that damn hard. Very good game

I only knew her (and saw her number 9 symbol) from some Super Mario Bros and Megaman 2 rom hacks lol

Happy birthday I guess?

Maybe I'll play some GTA SA later in her honor...

1496678023_1_140829100737_2.jpg.8208ffc5dcfa136244966532c16ddfae.jpg

:P

1 minute ago, LUISDooM said:

Super Mario Bros and Megaman 2 rom hacks lol

Like what kind of rom hacks?

25 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

Like what kind of rom hacks?

The ones I remember are a NES SMB hack called "Final Strikyu", it has new levels and custom music.

Spoiler

2033597990_FinalStrikyubyU1(SMB1Hack)_000.png.fffcd3f9eb82ea453a3c9fd2e882ea71.png

1890562653_FinalStrikyubyU1(SMB1Hack)_001.png.d742666b3b9cbad62fba86377eba5125.png

And a Megaman 2 hack that I can't remember the name (I played it years ago) where you played as her on it. You started a level at the top, and you had descend some screens avoiding Quickman stage insta-kill lasers. After reaching the bottom, you got a small ending cutscene. I remember it was very tough. XD

1 minute ago, LUISDooM said:

The ones I remember are a NES SMB hack called "Final Strikyu", it has new levels and custom music.

Reveal hidden contents

2033597990_FinalStrikyubyU1(SMB1Hack)_000.png.fffcd3f9eb82ea453a3c9fd2e882ea71.png

1890562653_FinalStrikyubyU1(SMB1Hack)_001.png.d742666b3b9cbad62fba86377eba5125.png

And a Megaman 2 hack that I can't remember the name, but you controlled her on it too. You started a level at the top, and you had descend some screens avoiding Quickman stage insta-kill lasers. After reaching the bottom, you got a small ending cutscene. I remember it was very tough. XD

The Mario one looks kinda funny

7 hours ago, MacGuffin said:

On a Zandronum server, a friend of mine was using a Cirno skin with considerably loud voice clips. Another player (not naming names) got annoyed with him and after about 20 minutes, he told us to fuck ourselves and then left. The next day, we found him on Doomworld complaining about anime. Uh, the end.

Maybe I should go on Zandronum and play as Cirno for today in celebration.

It’s amazing how many people don’t realize you can adjust what skins you see in the multiplayer menu via Zandronum. The person who rage quit could’ve easily solved their problem by disabling skins, and then you and your friend would’ve just appeared as regular marines to them.