Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DOOM Anomaly

I am Invincible!

Hiya.

Well, I was going through my wad and I noticed a boo-boo in my map 7, so I went to fix it and noticed many things that went wrong.

The first being, for some reason if I change anything on that map The triggers I have set to make several floors raise, don't work (The floors dont raise or anything.) It's funny cause, if I play the level before I change the boo-boos, the lifts work fine and dandy.

Another bugger is, when I play that level...I'm invincible, all projectiles go through me and not even splash damage or anything hurts me, which kinda makes the level ruined a bit cause then its just a tad too easy. :P

Other things are wrong before and after attempting fix things, but I'm assuming they are just due to poor mapping. :D

Anyone know why this is happening? :D

Edit: I just discovered, I can't pick up items either! Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnn

It sounds like some of the flags the player has (MF_SOLID, etc.) are being removed for some reason, sort of like the Arch-Vile ghost bug.

What engine have you tried this map with? Why don't you make this oddity available for download so people can check it out?

This is a Legacy only wad, cause it uses some small legacy features.
I can't really make it for download, cause its only the first 7 levels of it, and I'm only a mere 5% done the whole wad. I could seperate it from the rest of the wad and let it be seen, but that would just ruin it all. ;)
Not to mention, the Boo-boos created more boo-boos so I had to redo most of the level, its still being fixed, but keeping in mind, not so fixed that it doesn't fit my expectations. ;)

Ultimate DooMer said:

How's the CC map coming along?

Its comming along. I worked on it yesterday and plan to more today, but I still have homework so I'll have to take a little while out for that, sucks being sick and missing the last few days before spring break, heh. I just hope i don't get these wacky-dacky errors on my CC map, luckily I didn't yesterday though. :D