Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Walter confetti

Matrix Resurrections

That's cool, but make me raise lots of questions...

Spoiler

Like isn't in the end of Matrix Revolutions Neo dead? Or since he is the elect become part of the matrix- Ah, i suppose they'll explain better in the movie. I mean, is the elect always a form of Keanu Reeves or Neo or what as the trailer make us think...

Also, what is the purpose of having a elect that hack the matrix in this movie?

I don’t know yet. Why are both the wachowski not involved? I’m confused as to what the hell is going on and it really does not look like a Matrix movie. 

I guess if I’m gonna be totally honest it looks ok.

I wonder how Neo is back in the Matrix in this new movie? I'd assume that he was integrated into the Matrix itself after Revolutions, considering that it's the most logical explanation that fits the story for me. He literally dies, but since he made a truce with the machines and was in the Matrix at the time of his death, perhaps they stored his consciousness or essence there. That could explain how the Oracle knows or thinks he can return, and his new strength may be a result of how he exists in the Matrix now, like how the Oracle and Architect are built into the system and can theoretically come back if they die or are absorbed (in Revolutions, they do come back after Smith is destroyed). Not sure how Trinity is back, though, but that could either be a remnant or fragment of her still in the system or the Matrix' attempt to communicate or interact with Neo. As for main antagonists, I either see Agent Smith, the machines, another rogue agent, or a combination of those being involved. 

Cool to see another mainstream genderqueer anticapitalist action movie being made! Jupiter Ascending got me worried about the Wachowskis' ability to make another good movie, but then Sense8 turned out to be pretty great, so I am looking forward to this.

Also, ever since I have watched this video essay by Curio, I have learned to understand and appreciate The Matrix Revolutions, which at the time I did not really much care for despite loving The Matrix Reloaded: 

25 minutes ago, scalliano said:

"I keep having these dreams that someone killed my dog."

John Matrix is about to go commando.

One of them is.

Memes aside, I'm finding it difficult to get excited for this. I've lived long enough to see pretty much all of my favourite movie franchises either crash and burn or be vandalised beyond recognition with needless sequels, reboots and remakes that either missed the mark or were intentionally ruined by some ham-fisted socio-political message that I didn't even necessarily disagree with. I have concerns that this will be no different.

1 hour ago, DavetheDoomguy said:

I wonder how Neo is back in the Matrix in this new movie? I'd assume that he was integrated into the Matrix itself after Revolutions

Exactly was i thinking of... But only watching the movie it will be understandable, i guess.

3 hours ago, scalliano said:

intentionally ruined by some ham-fisted socio-political message

All Matrix movies have had very clear sociopolitical messages, as the Wachowskis are left-wing trans women.

It is no coincidence that the first movie ends with "Wake Up" by Rage Against The Machine.

Its still early to say...my advice (if you care) let's not get overhyped for no reason...I don't say it might not be a good movie but the video games industry has taught me as an obsvervant that overhype can ruin things look at Hellgate: London's case.

17 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

Blade Runner 2049 was the only sequel that worked to an older movie.

I thought TRON: Legacy and Doctor Sleep were pretty good.

33 minutes ago, Rudolph said:

I thought TRON: Legacy and Doctor Sleep were pretty good.

I forgot about Doctor Sleep. I have Tron Legacy on dvd and still have not watched it.

Edited by Spooner5020

Not a fan of the series at all. But hopefully it's good and makes it's fans happy. Keanu's a lot better actor nowadays.

14 minutes ago, Spooner5020 said:

I forgot about Doctor Sleep. I have Trojan Legacy on dvd and still have not watched it.

I admit, the beginning is a bit rough, as the new lead is kind of boring and has no charisma. But by the time he finds himself inside the Grid and meets the supporting cast, the movie had won me over. Still not a perfect movie, but I remember having a good time.

Considering the war against the machines ended and Neo fucking died at the end of the last film, I'm curious to know how the hell this new movie is supposed to even work story-wise and what kind of bullshit explanation they've come up with to explain why Neo is suddenly alive and aged two decades lol.

I don't think it will be as good as Matrix Reincarnation or Matrix Reinstatement or Matrix Retrospective or Matrix Reinforcements or any of the other sequels that will inevitably be milked from the franchise like it's the last cash cow on Earth. When is Terminator 7 coming out?

6 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Considering the war against the machines ended and Neo fucking died at the end of the last film, I'm curious to know how the hell this new movie is supposed to even work story-wise and what kind of bullshit explanation they've come up with to explain why Neo is suddenly alive and aged two decades lol.

Even back in The Matrix Revolutions, the Architect noted that the truce would not last forever. Also, it remains unclear as to whether Neo and Trinity even have a real-world counterpart at this point. If anything, they may be rogue programs.

I like the original films, but can't say I'm all excited for this one. Especially since it isn't going to have a Don Davis soundtrack. I know everyone loves those techno/trance/whatever songs included in them, I do too, but the actual soundtracks are some of the best film music ever written. Matrix without Don Davis would be like Star Wars without John Williams. I hope they at least keep the original themes. 

I read on the imdb page that Priyanka Chopra would be starring in Matrix 4.

Haven't seen her in the trailer oddly. 

I think I might have a bit more speculation as to what the story could be this time around.

My idea is that it's been a while since the events in Revolution, and this new group seen in the movie found a way to bring Neo back into the real world again. But in order to do that, they have to break the truce with the machines and access whatever tech is needed to revive them. The time skip would explain why the team is made up of new people, and possibly why Neo and Trinity look different. The Matrix is meant to be a simulation of the world in 1999, so it's reasonable to assume aging exists there. We see that the normal Agents are there, possibly hinting at the machines/Matrix trying to stop whatever it is they're doing. As for the overall goal of the movie, I think Neo being resurrected is to help Zion free the rest of humanity and destroy the machines once and for all. 

It's the most plausible theory I can come up with, considering what we see, and even the name of Matrix Resurrections might be a hint to what happens to Neo and Trinity.