Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grandeur

Do you ever think of dying?

2 hours ago, HavoX said:

Death fears me not!

It is not the death that is fearful. It is the pain that takes place before the death.

Once you are dead, you can't feel pain. Not unless there is a God and will punish you in Hell.

I am an Agnostic myself. Don't know if there is something called God. If there is this God, then pain will go on in Hell after death. An infinite pain.

Edited by Grandeur

15 minutes ago, Grandeur said:

Not unless there is a God and will punish you in Hell.

God will hardly punish you there because there's no meaning in punishment after death. If he will punish you he will do it here, before death.

I don't fear death or the various ways that I could die or be killed. If one constantly dwells on the possibility of death and is scared of it, then how can you ever truly live? Pain is only temporary, and death is (usually) permanent.

To be honest, I've though about killing myself only once, and that really scares me because I'm not sick or anything, but, you know, after thinking about my life, the people I would leave behind and that I would go straight to hell for making such a stupid and terrifying thing, I've learned to love myself, besides, my family has helped me with some "depression attacks" I've had, and I'm glad they helped me, cuz, like I've already written, I learned to love my life much more and that suicide is not a solution. Now, about an spontanious death, like a car accident or a heart attack, I'm not that scared.

Spoiler

I'm not that scared of death, after all it's a natural part of life, what bothers me is "What will my relatives do when I leave this world? How will they be?"

Sorry for the long confession ;)

I try not to think of death. It gives me a panic attack almost every time I do; as I'm not religious and don't believe in any kind of afterlife, the idea of just not-being freaks me out immensely; it'll be as if I never existed at all, every memory I ever had gone, every thought I could've had rendered as nothingness -- I will know nothing of what will be after, and nothing of my life as it happened, just as I knew nothing before. Myself, as I know them, and the universe around me, will be as if they never existed.

I need a hug and perhaps some immortality serum.

Edited by Jayextee

If you're thinking about dying you're not living

Find better things to do

Happy fried Chicken Friday everyone! 🍗

Yep. It's a struggle and I always arrived to a different conclusion. It goes in loops, I start worrying about it, then think about it, find some conclusion and than don't think about it. I'd say it's really interesting, if you have the opportunity talk with someone, you'll find they think totally differently about it. But you have to decide what is important or whether you should be afraid or does anything even have a meaning or something... fascinating topic.

1 hour ago, ax34 said:

God will hardly punish you there because there's no meaning in punishment after death. If he will punish you he will do it here, before death.

They say that there is such a thing called Hell after death. And they say ''God will punish the non believers and those that take commit suicide in Hell after Death''

49 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Your thread's title and your original post ask two entirely different questions and I don't know which one to answer :^P

Both are related to each other

Edited by Grandeur

Do you ever think of dying?

yes

Are you content with life?

no

but I have too much self-presevation to do anything about it

I will embrace death when it comes and I actually look forward to an interesting afterlife

Death is the ultimate fate that awaits us. But for now, I'd keep living, even if I've been thinking about it lately. So yeah, better be distracted with something in the meantime because death will get us in many ways.

Year ago I used to think a lot about killing myself, like several times a day. Life conditions improved and suicidal thoughts decreased. Still have an occasional thought about death when I'm alone and stressed.

And about what I think happens after death, I'd reincarnate, and have to live yet another life, which could be just as bad. So if I live through the effects of the bad karma now, then they don't follow me into the next life.

Most of the time, but not in a suicidal way, but philosofical. I often think about "what about if I die?" For sure, I would like to die without suffering physically, as physical pain is one of the things I'm mostly afraid of, but another problem is, if you don't feel pain, you would suddenly die without noticing? That's even more concerning. So I think I want to die, noticing that my time is over and without feeling physical pain.

Short answer, I don't want to be brutally murdered like one of those Narco excecutions uploaded at the worst sites in Internet. But also I don't want to die by suddenly blackening out because I got squashed or my head explodes by a rifle bullet from behind. 

Sure, all the time!

Well the concept of dying, not actually harming myself.

For example, my birthday was a few days ago. I find it quite odd that we as a species celebrate being one year closer to the end of it all. Perhaps it's a sub-conscious form of consolation. One less year of life, but hey, I got at least I got some pizza and a $20 gift card, right?

A most peculiar ritual. (Man, I sound like Spock.)

George Carlin had a good stand-up bit on what you should do when it's your time to go. 

Well, everyone will die in the end, it's unavoidable. Also it's part of life we need to accept, no matter how scary and sad it might feel for you. People say enjoy every moment of life, because things can change so drastically. I agree with them, take everything what you can so, when your end comes there won't be lots of regrets.