Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
H.Reaper

Sound & images

Hi men. I'am a Quake 3 mapper and I have a few question.
I want to know where can i found Doom 2 sounds files, level texture files and creature pictures.

this, because i want to create a Q3 doom-like map, so i need these things. thank.

I also want to know if it is authorized to use this thing and to add it in a Q3 .pak file with a mension of this in the readme file.

I'am happy to see that there is always a lot of doom mapper, i was mapping on doom a long time ago (with dck), but now, doom doesnt run well on xp...... also in dos mode...

well, thank you for your help, bye.

Reap

H.Reaper said:

I want to know where can i found Doom 2 sounds files, level texture files and creature pictures.

this, because i want to create a Q3 doom-like map, so i need these things. thank.

I also want to know if it is authorized to use this thing and to add it in a Q3 .pak file with a mension of this in the readme file.

I'am happy to see that there is always a lot of doom mapper, i was mapping on doom a long time ago (with dck), but now, doom doesnt run well on xp...... also in dos mode...

well, thank you for your help, bye.

Reap

the best way i can think of right off is downloading Wintex (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=6037) and using it to extract the crap from your main wad.. probably an easier way out there than that though

H.Reaper said:

Um... doom2.wad? :) Use WinTex, XWE or DeepSea as baldy said. If you don't have doom2.wad don't ask for it here.

H.Reaper said:

No. But I don't think anybody cares anymore.

BTW, [bbg]H.Reaper[/bbg]

sargebaldy said:

the best way i can think of right off is downloading Wintex (http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=6037) and using it to extract the crap from your main wad.. probably an easier way out there than that though

Ok i'have downloaded Wintex,

boris said:

Um... doom2.wad? :) Use WinTex, XWE or DeepSea as baldy said. If you don't have doom2.wad don't ask for it here.

=) lol, doom2.wad is the father of pak0.pk3. am I right ? so I certainly got it with doom 2.

boris said:

No. But I don't think anybody cares anymore.
[B]

=), sure ? I don't want problems. =)

boris said:

BTW, Hello H.Reaper, I'm BBG, one of the former Super Moderators on these forums. Please, read the FAQ which contains our rules and may also answer your questions. If you have any questions or concerns, please, feel free to contact me via a Private Message, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN or e-mail.[B]

Hello all of you. Hi to the SUPER moderators =) I'am about tu read the FAQ (the forum one ?)

ok for the private mess, I'll see if i need.

I have some questions :

"You may not post attachments" what is "attachments" ?

if someone come here before i see you .

Thx

++
Reap

H.Reaper said:

"You may not post attachments" what is "attachments" ?

The things you can't post because they're not enabled.

H.Reaper said:

but, what are these things I can't post ?

These things you cannot post are attachments! ;-)

H.Reaper said:

You know if ya have win98 on your system you can set it so that doom runs under 98.

Russell_P said:

These things you cannot post are attachments! ;-)

and what are attachments ? "the things I can't post" ok ok... =)

I have understand, there is a secret on the DoomWorld Level Editing forum... and I was about discovering it.... =)

Rotting Corpse said:

You know if ya have win98 on your system you can set it so that doom runs under 98.

year, but you know that xp don't support a lot of DOS aplication (NT)... (abandon-keep... sigh...)

so i must use 98 if i want to play Doom 2 with sound FX...
without fx, doom isn't doom any more ! I LOOOVE the Arch Vil and Mancubus sound !!(when they discover you)

H.Reaper said:

and what are attachments ? "the things I can't post" ok ok... =)

Heh, there is an option I can enable that allows users to upload files along with their post. These uploaded files (called attachments) would appear below a regular post so that other people could download them. Over time, attachments will end up using a lot of server space. They are also easily abused. Because of this, they are only enabled for moderators and administrators to use.

Careful Lüt, or you'll have the Guild of Moderators and Administrators breathing down your neck for giving away their trade secrets!

Lüt said:

Heh, there is an option I can enable that allows users to upload files along with their post. These uploaded files (called attachments) would appear below a regular post so that other people could download them. Over time, attachments will end up using a lot of server space. They are also easily abused. Because of this, they are only enabled for moderators and administrators to use.

ok.

So... H.Reaper and the secret of the lost attachment....

Russell_P said:

Careful Lüt, or you'll have the Guild of Moderators and Administrators breathing down your neck for giving away their trade secrets!

That Evil guild ! always between me and the world secret... if i discover this file before me i'll become the DoomWorld Super Administrator and i'll can protect innocent from the tyrannik administrator...

i'll get it...

=)

Another question... why smileys are prohibed ? the FAQ answering isn't very... clear... =)

WOW OMG! no ones told him he can get a port that plays Doom in XP over at

http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/ports/index.php?platform=2
or
http://zdoom.notgod.com/download.php

or saying, PrBoom is most like DOS Doom, or JDoom looks like Quake with MD2s or that ZDoom is the most pop port for most of todays wads....

i just thought i'd point out how funny i thought it is that no one did that.... heh heh :)

H.Reaper:

Even better than WinTex.... because you need to extract everything from the wad, try DeuTex. You can get it from the main Doom Archive (and mirrors):

ftp://3darchives.in-span.net/pub/idgames/utils/graphics_edit/deutex/deutx36l.zip

DeuTex was maintained by André Majorel for a couple of years.
He made some excellent changes and his latest was version v4.4.0
You can get that here:
http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/deutex/deutex-4.4.0.bin.dos.zip

To extract ALL the resources from the main iwad, simply use:
deutex -extract doom.wad
deutex -extract doom2.wad

..it even puts each resource type (textures/sprites/sounds/music/etc.) into it's own directory.

How easy is that!?!

Don't forget to mention to your Quake3 buddies what a great bunch of helpful guys and gals we are over here at Doomworld.

Sparky
KISS Software

The Heretic said:

deutex is in windows right?

Wrong. It was originally developed for DOS, and later ported to Linux. AFAIK, there's no Windows version.

EDIT: As UD points out later in this thread, WinTex is the Windows version of DeuTex.

Sparky_KISS said:

guys and gals we are

Gals?

Oh wait, I guess Nanami counts as one.

Rotting Corpse said:

*cough* source port *cough*

Ultimate DooMer said:

Err...Wintex?

Oops!

Glad to see you're not asleep at your post, soldier ;)

ReX said:

Wrong. It was originally developed for DOS, and later ported to Linux. AFAIK, there's no Windows version.

EDIT: As UD points out later in this thread, WinTex is the Windows version of DeuTex.

Hmmm..o yea; the name Dos Editing Utility.
:$ :D
heh I know its Doom as opposed to dos

deathz0r said:

Gals?
Oh wait, I guess Nanami counts as one.

Gal, singular. Am I the only chick mapper?

Heh. Well I know I'm not the only chick Doomer but I know of no other mappers and/or scripters.

Nanami said:

I know of no other (women) mappers and/or scripters.

Li'l White Mouse, scripter/mapper/modeler extraordinaire. Occasional visitor to DooM World, but frequents the ZDooM forums.

Oops, I forgot about Mouse. She's even helped me out a few times too. How could I forget her? Silly me.

Okay, so just:

Nanami
LilWhiteMouse
Cyb

Cyb's a gurl? Doesn't matter, wrong species. :P

Oh, and you missed hell baroness and blue sonnet.

sargebaldy said:

cyb is hot OMG WTF LOL

of couse (s)he is. Heh.