Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EGA Matsu Alpha

Share the scariest image you have seen and the context behind it.

Michael Rockefeller's Death By Cannibalism

Michael Rockefeller (center), the son of New York governor and soon-to-be U.S. Vice President Nelson Rockefeller, disappeared somewhere in Papua New Guinea in the early 1960s.

Seen here on his first trip there in May 1960, Rockefeller's smile belies his grim fate. It's believed he was killed and eaten by the Asmat people — a cannibal group known to behead their enemies and consume their flesh.

michael-rockefeller-last-photo.jpg

The whole of the "Come and See" movie, or just pictures displaying the hopelessness of war in general, civilians suffering, Vietnam napalm bombings, etc.

11 hours ago, EGA Matsu Alpha said:

The context to this is the person was basically having thier brain rot while drawing this """self portrait""" which is a scary thought.

2000_utermohlen_head_i_aug_30_2000_pencil_on_paper_40.5_x_33_cm_jc_ballot-60_giclee_prints_md_-_copie.jpg

what's even worse is, he died 7 years later

1 hour ago, Mr. Freeze said:

gxs49mkdsu271.jpg

Fuck car culture. 

And to think that looks like a nice, unpolluted living space, where everyone has a house, garage and backyard. I guess the lack of even small corner stores is a problem, you can't just walk (as a pedestrian on the left edge of the street, mind you) to buy some beer.

I wonder how long until the NSFW/NSFL police come in on this thread…

The original photo is of a boy who is physically disabled, I think with cerebral palsy. By making him appear more monstrous in this edit, it feeds the stereotype that disabled folks are to be feared and ostrasized. IMO, this is a particularly virulent form of discrimination.

r2shw93tng821.jpg

5 hours ago, printz said:

And to think that looks like a nice, unpolluted living space, where everyone has a house, garage and backyard. I guess the lack of even small corner stores is a problem, you can't just walk (as a pedestrian on the left edge of the street, mind you) to buy some beer.

The area pictured wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't typically situated miles away from any kind of store, gas station or pubic utility. I see places like that all over Phoenix and Scottsdale and they never fail to piss me off. The complete reliance on cars when urban planning is making every city worse. 

7 hours ago, printz said:

Here's something that's really NSFL. Watch at your own risk:

On a serious note, it's hard to come up with anything to post in this thread, because the scariest things are usually NSFL. Things like this can be healthy to discuss, but it's not really a good idea to do so on a video game forum that has a wide audience.

threads encouraging NSFW/NSFL posting are really not a great idea on this forum, guys, okay? plenty of that elsewhere on the internet, it's really not needed here.