Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GoneAway

The Next Iteration of DSDA

3 hours ago, Lol 6 said:

Hi, my pacifist run of Scythe 2 Map 06 is also a reality, but, it doesn't show the "also reality" message, I also wrote it in the zip and the text file

https://dsdarchive.com/wads/scythe2

I ignored it, there are plenty of demos that are reality that aren't marked as such because it is trivial to do, like in this case.

17 minutes ago, ZeroMaster010 said:

I ignored it, there are plenty of demos that are reality that aren't marked as such because it is trivial to do, like in this case.

Oh, ok then

DSDA's host is experiencing an outage, which means dsda is down until it's fixed. FYI

Edit: it's back.

Edited by kraflab

For last several or so demos uploaded my Record Index stay constant. What is reason? Are they beat too few or too old records?)

Can I make a request to wipe the slate clean and upload this demopack because 90% of my demos on the website are terrible?

52 minutes ago, Scorpius said:

Can I make a request to wipe the slate clean and upload this demopack because 90% of my demos on the website are terrible?

Hmm, we do not typically delete runs from DSDA, but I can keep track of this for additional uploading. I would honestly prefer if you just shove all the zips as separate attachments ot the PB thread, where the uploader should easily pick them up. :P But I can try uploading from there too.

On 9/13/2021 at 11:31 PM, Hitherto said:

For last several or so demos uploaded my Record Index stay constant. What is reason? Are they beat too few or too old records?)

Not sure on this. :D I think it's how many demos each run beats that adds to it, but idk, I never pay much attention to how mine changes.

@Hitherto  From my experience this number changes at some random pace, more often than once a month, definitely not with every batch of new demos uploaded...

Uploaded the missed fava run, and fixed the categories on base3 and mohawks runs. For the nomo100 demo packs, I've made a note of them, but I will fix them sometime in the future when I can better automate large scale updates like that.

My heretic e6m3 max was not uploaded, also I based my time when the last monster is killed because the level has not secrets and exit, don't know what rules could apply in that level, the current max demo on the leaderboard uses the time when demo is finished, please help with that. Thanks.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:34 PM, Kokrovan said:

E6M3 SM-Max in 56s

heretice6m3smmax-56.zip

Kokrovan
According to the old Heretic-N rules by Vincent Catalaa for E6M3: "Speed demos are not accepted for this map. Nonetheless, demos are accepted for this map on the following categories: Smite-Meister Max and Black Plague Max. As it does not have an exit, it is required to save the game when you think you have killed all monsters. The save game tic will be the valid exit time."

I don't think that today there is a need for a save tick in demo on this map, especially since it is dangerous to overwrite important player saves when playback demos with save tick inside (this behavior should be blocked by engine, additionally). If Crispy/DSDA Heretic can timing the unfinished demo without exit (I cannot test it in practice on these ports, so I don't know, if they can or not do this) - I agree to use the end time of the demo itself for MAX'es on E6M3.

But in any case, we must have something definite and that can be measured in demo file, i.e. save tick in demo or full demo time. But thanks for E6M3 run anyway, my log for your demo:

Spoiler

DEMO PLAYBACK: start [h6m3-100.lmp]
----- Start Map: E6M3 <> Skill Level: 4 ------
> Last level NOT completed. Current results:
> SpeedTimer: Last level time: 01:00.71
> Level statistics <> Kills: 25/25 Items: 13/18 Secrets: 0/0
DEMO PLAYBACK: finish [h6m3-100.lmp]

This is something I need to implement, but I think the rule should be last monster kill/secret obtained if any map has no secrets. For E6M3, at some point, we will retime the runs on DSDA. Using the demo length itself wouldn't be a great idea IMO, since that introduces an element of having to exit as soon as possible when you kill the last monster, which doesn't seem fun. :D

On 10/2/2021 at 11:40 PM, Kokrovan said:

Is quick reverse allowed for demos in dsda? 

If you mean turn180, then yes, it is allowed under any ruleset, including the old Compet-N one. Well, except rocket jumping wads, it's considered cheating there, heh.

46 minutes ago, GrumpyCat said:

https://dsdarchive.com/wads/av?level=Map+15

af151000 by Ryback desyncs at ~9:40, even with Doom II v1.9. C-N version of the file looks identical. How it was accepted back then?

That demo and a few others for that level are plagued by spechit overflows which were system-dependent, according to this list. To get them to play back you have to use -spechit 2230937832. As for how it was accepted, my best guess is it played back in Hegyi's (or whoever verified the C-N uploads back then) computer so the problem sort of slipped under the radar.

1 hour ago, Giant Jumbo Jellyfish said:

Are uploads currently frozen? The feed stops at October 12th.

Uploads will resume shortly. I've been doing the uploading, and I've been out of town, hopefully will get everything caught up over the next couple of weeks.

On 11/7/2021 at 6:29 PM, Giant Jumbo Jellyfish said:

Are uploads currently frozen? The feed stops at October 12th.

Should be up to date now.

IDK if this has been asked before, and I have the doubt so I'd love if someone answered

So let's say I cheat in my submissions and either got caught cheating or I decided to confess. Would I still be able to upload demos or would I be completely banned?

Thanks for answering :-)

Spoiler

This is not a cheating confession, I don't even know how to use XDRE