Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teo Slayer

3 random related DOOM polls

3 random related DOOM polls  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which part of Final DOOM you enjoy the most?

• TNT Evilution
    • Plutonia Experiment
  2. 2. Which genre of music do you think that fits DOOM?

• Rock/Heavy Metal
    • Creepy Ambient (PSX DOOM OST for example)
  3. 3. Do you like Brutal DOOM?

• Hell yes
    • Hell no

So here are some 3 random DOOM related polls. I made this just for fun. Feel free to vote and if you want you can explain why you would choose that choice you chose in each poll. Each poll has 2 questions, you choose only 1. Have fun now

Gonna be honest, I think the options lean a bit too much to the extreme on the second two. Doom music should be a variety of different sounds - there’s plenty of room for both metal and ambient side by side. As far as Brutal Doom goes, “Hell yeah I like it!” is far more than I can say, but I don’t hate it by any means. It’s a fun mod that has its place but ultimately isn’t really my cup of tea.

Poll asking if we like Brutal Doom or not, sure thats about to go down well.

TNT JUST for the simple fact it doesn't spam archviles and chaingunners all the time... though I'd rather play DooM or DooM II over final DooM.

Rock/metal since that's a good chunk of the Midi's in OG DooM anyways (though a more sombre piano piece COULD work if implemented properly).

"Hell yes!" is a biiit of a stretch but I DO enjoy BD's gameplay overall. :) (More of a LaTailorGirl fan though).

Is it the socially cool thing to do now an days is to say you don't like brutal doom? Its a good mod and has done more for Doom then most people give it credit for.

For the music question, both. But If I had to play a WAD with only one or the other then probably rock/metal but I'm fine with either.

As for Brutal Doom, I don't have much against it, but for me it's just too gimmicky and over the top (which I understand that's what the mod is about, but still) for my liking. But I must respect the work that SgtMark put into it.

Bit more of a Complex Doom and MetaDoom fan myself.

2 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

TNT JUST for the simple fact it doesn't spam archviles and chaingunners all the time... though I'd rather play DooM or DooM II over final DooM.

Rock/metal since that's a good chunk of the Midi's in OG DooM anyways (though a more sombre piano piece COULD work if implemented properly).

That's part of the fun! :(

Just kidding TNT is pretty solid, but I prefer Plutonia.

Also see TNT Map31 and THT Threnody Map20 for that somber piano use.

Not really into enemy spam, so I like TNT over Plutonia.

Though I like some forms of metal, I think ambience fits Doom's Aliens-inspired atmosphere much more.

Brutal Doom is way too distracting for me, plus its fullscreen HUD is cropped when playing in 4:3(my preferred aspect ratio).

6 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I wish there was a "both" option for all 3 polls.

As I said, you choose only 1

(Yes, I'm a monster lmao)

10 hours ago, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I'd rather play DooM or DooM II over final DooM.

I'd rather play DooM over Final DooM and DooM II.

I mean, for the second one I like both classic Doom soundtracks and Aubrey Hodges work on PS1 and N64 doom. Either works for me.

With Brutal Doom, I wish I could put "I like it sometimes." It's a gameplay mod, and I like to use gameplay mods on maps I've already finished. Sometimes I feel like Brutal Doom, sometimes I feel like Supercharge, or beautiful doom, or Final Doomer, or any of the other amazing gameplay mods that are just as good.

7 hours ago, whybmonotacrab said:

I mean, for the second one I like both classic Doom soundtracks and Aubrey Hodges work on PS1 and N64 doom. Either works for me.

With Brutal Doom, I wish I could put "I like it sometimes." It's a gameplay mod, and I like to use gameplay mods on maps I've already finished. Sometimes I feel like Brutal Doom, sometimes

But some times it goes pretty far...right?

Still though a nice gameplay mod as you mentioned.

1. I like both mapsets  plenty, but I went with TNT because the maps in TNT I think are bad are still kind of endearing to me. The Plutonia maps I think are bad, I actually kinda hate to be honest. Habitat is confusing, clunky, hideously ugly in places and probably just straight up unfinished, but I can't hate it the way everyone else seems to; Onslaught is just... trolly and rage inducing.

2. I need both. IMO the variety of styles is kinda what makes Doom... well, Doom. It's a mish-mash of genres and gameplay styles... I love the ambient-horror stuff, but I feel it needs that action packed, heavy-metal side as a counterweight or it starts to seem like it's taking itself too seriously. I guess I'd rather have an all rock/metal sound than an all down-tempo ambient sound so that was my pick, but variety is the spice of Doom.

3. Haven't played with it so all I can honestly say is that it doesn't interest me personally but looks like it had a decent amount of work put into it and that's cool. 

Can we all just come out and admit that discussing Brutal DOOM around here is our version of having "the talk" with our kids?

If you like BD, fine. If you don't like it, fine. But this is at least the fourth time in the past couple weeks that I've seen you talking about other people's opinions about BD. Why do you care so much? If you like Brutal DOOM, have some respect for Mark instead of putting up a public poll for people to give shallow binary opinions on his work by clicking one of two buttons. Especially when you and everyone else here already knows what the outcome of that poll question is going to be.

Polls suck because the options available usually aren't anywhere good enough to encompass even a small portion of opinions. At the very least, I perfer an "other" button. What's the point for things like this when they can be discussed without the limitations of a poll, and already have been discussed without the limitations of a poll over and over again?

For example, did the world really need ANOTHER Plutonia vs TNT debate? It's would be a good poll question since there are only two possible answers, but it has been discussed to death this month alone. Or another "Brutal DOOM" debate? Those have been going on with no progress or insight for years now. The search button is a free service my friend. The music question is a little better, but once again, two options when there are hundreds of possible answers.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan

On 9/15/2021 at 5:44 AM, Wavy said:

Bit more of a Complex Doom and MetaDoom fan myself. 

Beautiful Doom is lit too

8 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

Beautiful Doom is lit too

Agreed! Best for just some modernization without adding too much.

18 hours ago, DeathWalkerGT said:

But some times it goes pretty far...right?

Still though a nice gameplay mod as you mentioned.

It could be because it's 5 am but I'm not sure what you mean by this haha.

3 hours ago, whybmonotacrab said:

It could be because it's 5 am but I'm not sure what you mean by this haha.

Pehaps I should have edited my comment...when I had the chance...hehe. What I ment was that some stuff in Brutal Doom are a bit too much...for example you get a super bloody kill for no reason or some weapons feel a bit out of place...these are the staff I meant as "pretty far", sorry for that....I was a bit bored then and did not know what I was writing...

3 hours ago, DeathWalkerGT said:

Pehaps I should have edited my comment...when I had the chance...hehe. What I ment was that some stuff in Brutal Doom are a bit too much...for example you get a super bloody kill for no reason or some weapons feel a bit out of place...these are the staff I meant as "pretty far", sorry for that....I was a bit bored then and did not know what I was writing...

Don't be sorry for engaging in conversation, I was just not comprehending. I agree with you, and I enjoy the gore effects in Smooth Doom more anyway. Brutal Doom is for when I feel like I need excess. It does over the top well, but over the top is not something I want all the time.