Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PureSlime

Most recent movie you saw

1 hour ago, Lizardcommando said:

Bill and Ted Face The Music. It's not bad. Some funny moments. Not as memorable as the first movie, but it's slightly amusing. 7/10.

Yeah, but I thought it was an interesting take on the series. I mean, when Bill broke the neck on Ted's guitar in the first ten minutes, and the last 80 minutes are just Ted going on a massive revenge shooting spree, it really reminds you of how people can change over time.

For the record I haven't seen it. I probably should sometime, but without Carlin/Rufus, it seems like it would feel hollow.

Finished the new Evangelion. Given that it went through a decade or so of development hell, I came in expecting disappointment, but I ended up being pleasantly surprised, and I'll go on to say that it's the only film in the franchise I'd consider legitimately impressive since EoE (which was all the way back in 1997, for the uninitiated). Wasn't perfect, the CGI was very bad in a handful of scenes, even if overall it's a lot better than what I've come to expect, and I definitely do not remember there being this many gratuitous ass shots in the previous entries, but it's definitely on the better end of things I've seen in the last couple of years.

Well, I watched two movies since I last posted, but I bought a whole lot more and I just feel like listing that, because I am going to make my way through these. 

I watched "What Have You Done To Solange?" and "Four Flies on Grey Velvet". I had seen the latter before, on Amazon Prime, I decided on reflection I liked it enough to want to see it again so I got the blu ray release. And I saw a trailer on that for a movie called "Dellamorte Dellamore: The Cemetary Man". It looked fucking bonkers and I have to see it. So I got that too and also the same distributor releases of "The Case of the Bloody Iris" and just today, "The Psychic". Italian thriller cinema has really become a guilty pleasure of mine. And also on top I decided I wanted to see some Hammer horror stuff because I've never really seen many so, the rest include

The Vampire Lovers

Lust for a Vampire

Twins of Evil

Hands of the Ripper

The Case of the Scorpions Tail

Blood on Satan's Claw

Beyond Re-Animator

The Masque of the Red Death

I saw the last one before, many years ago on late night TV, I remember it being great, and one of Vincent Price's best movies. Should be fun to go through all those, along with some still sitting there, have been for a while. 

Finally saw Wally's Wonderland! The whole thing felt like the filmmaker's elaborate excuse to showcase Nicholas Cage's crazy acting, and it worked! Highly enjoyable!

21 hours ago, hybridial said:

I decided I wanted to see some Hammer horror stuff because I've never really seen many so, the rest include

The Vampire Lovers

Lust for a Vampire

Twins of Evil

Hands of the Ripper

The Case of the Scorpions Tail

Blood on Satan's Claw

Beyond Re-Animator

The Masque of the Red Death

Went on hammer binge recently myself, bought all the Dracula ones and Twins of evil. The TV series has some good episodes as well. 

Grew up watching Hammer films so it's easy to see through the jank (night time filmed at day etc) and really enjoy them. 

03e46d4dd257681b4448c58a0b94b515.jpg

Re-watched Rob Zombie's Halloween, that is the 2-Disc Special Unrated edition. It was still as awesome as the last time I saw it.

Billy Baron's DVD

I just watched The Long Halloween Part 1. I have not read the comic but I might, I kinda feel in the mood for some Batman again, especially when it's as moody and dark as that story was. 

The 1979 Soviet film "Stalker".

I don't know why I decided to watch that film, I didn't think I would enjoy such a slow moving film, but I decided watch it anyway and I actually did enjoy it quite a lot!

Although - despite it being a very serious film, there was one part in the film that for some reason made me laugh out loud:

Spoiler

When the trio finally get to the entrance of the wish-granting room - The Professor pulls out a metallic cylinder. The other two guys ask him what it is and he meekly replies: "It's a bomb.". I don't know why, but that scene was really funny to me.

Surprisingly - that scene is followed up by my favorite scene from the film - the part where The Writer realizes and tells everyone how the wish-granting room actually works.

3 hours ago, [McD]James said:

Candyman. One of the very best horror movies I've ever seen by far. Interested to see the new one now.

Yeah that one is great. 

I just watched Phantom of the Paradise, and that was a blast, really enjoyed it. 

41 minutes ago, hybridial said:

Yeah that one is great. 

I just watched Phantom of the Paradise, and that was a blast, really enjoyed it. 

I still can't stop thinking about it. It was fantastic on all levels. Great characters, performances, atmosphere, soundtrack, lighting effects, and a whole lot more. I already want to watch it a second time. 

8 hours ago, Ar_e_en said:

The 1979 Soviet film "Stalker".

I don't know why I decided to watch that film, I didn't think I would enjoy such a slow moving film, but I decided watch it anyway and I actually did enjoy it quite a lot!

Although - despite it being a very serious film, there was one part in the film that for some reason made me laugh out loud:

Hide contents

When the trio finally get to the entrance of the wish-granting room - The Professor pulls out a metallic cylinder. The other two guys ask him what it is and he meekly replies: "It's a bomb.". I don't know why, but that scene was really funny to me.

Surprisingly - that scene is followed up by my favorite scene from the film - the part where The Writer realizes and tells everyone how the wish-granting room actually works.

Try the book it was based on if you haven't already. 'Roadside Picnic'  it's only a short read. 

I need to watch the film :D

36 minutes ago, Kokoro Hane said:

Karate Kid III. Now I'll be able to watch Cobra Kai series next!

there is actually a karate kid IV, still with Pat ''Miyagi-San'' Morita, but no Ralph Macchio.
This time, Miyagi trains a girl, Hilary Swank.
Not as good as Karate Kid I and II, but slighty better or at the same level of III.

Probably not related to Cobra Kai, actually.
But maybe i'm wrong as i didn't watched the serie.

Candyman 2021. It was good but not great. It kind of went off the rails a bit at the end. I can see why critics loved it but audiences were mixed on it.

32 minutes ago, [McD]James said:

Candyman 2021. It was good but not great. It kind of went off the rails a bit at the end. I can see why critics loved it but audiences were mixed on it.

I hated Candyman 2021. As someone who really liked the first movie and doesn’t mind the first sequel, this movie is TERRIBLE!! Having Tony Todd in the movie for 10 seconds was ridiculous and what he was given to do was nothing special, movie wasn’t scary I knew exactly what was gonna happen and my biggest issue with it was: it felt like set up for another Candyman movie that may or may not happen. 

I guess the one good thing I can say about it is at least it wasn’t a remake. It clearly wants to be the Halloween 2018 of Candyman and it’s NOT. Heck even Halloween ‘18 was a bit overrated. The actors seemed fine enough too. It’s not their fault the script sucked. Also I kept hearing the movie was racist, but I never saw it as such. It dealt with race as much as the original did if it had anything to do with it at all.

All in all a very bad and forgettable movie.

Dirty Harry: The Dead Pool (not to be confused with the other Deadpool).
It was alright, however nowhere near as impressive as the first movie, since by that time 5 movies had already been out.
Thinking about it: 5 Dirty Harry movies seems like a bit too much: by Sudden Impact it got a bit boring. (for me, atleast)

The last movie I watched was Falling Down. I've been meaning to watch it for years, but I never got around to it until a few weeks ago.

That has to be one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen. It was great, but there were just so many moments were I felt an uncanny connection to Bill, and I thought about how close I, and so many others probably are, to snapping on a daily basis. Just a couple of bad days, or a couple of shitty developments in life, and something snaps in your brain.

I went into it blind, had no idea what to expect, never knew the plot, but I immediately realized Bill was not the hero "everyman" that some people interpret him as. He was a victim, but he was also a psychotic asshole. 

Great movie, but it is so damn depressing.

Watched Night and Fog again today. Probably the greatest documentary i've ever seen. Seeing all those ruins, the traces that the fingernails left in the walls, and the ending, oh god, the ending, it's great.

28 minutes ago, Urgelle said:

Watched Night and Fog again today. Probably the greatest documentary i've ever seen. Seeing all those ruins, the traces that the fingernails left in the walls, and the ending, oh god, the ending, it's great.

I'd never heard of it, but after looking it up, I think I have to watch it. Thank you for the suggestion.

If you're interested in movies about World War II, I would strongly recommend "Come and See" if you haven't seen it. I know I said "Falling Down" was one of the most depressing movies I've ever seen, but "Come and See" is the most soul crushing movie I've ever seen.

Edited by Jello

The Mothman Prophecies. I've seen it before one or two times, I like the eerie atmosphere. But since I finished reading yesterday the book by John Keel where the story is based on, I did a rewatch with a fresh memory of the events in the book.

1 hour ago, Optimus said:

The Mothman Prophecies. I've seen it before one or two times, I like the eerie atmosphere. But since I finished reading yesterday the book by John Keel where the story is based on, I did a rewatch with a fresh memory of the events in the book.

I remembered the movie being NOTHING like the book. Still a good movie though.