Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vulkar 04

What´s your favorite (s) DOOM OFICIAL GAME?

Ok, time to message my final picks for my favourite DOOM games in order

1. PSX DOOM

2. DOOM 64

3. Ultimate DOOM

4. DOOM 2016

5. DOOM Eternal

6. DOOM 3

7. Final DOOM

8. The Ancient Gods

9. DOOM 2

I haven't seen the ressuraction of evil yet. DOOM 2 has really shitty maps to say the truth and the only reason why I play it is because of the WADs and Mods. I know the PSX DOOM is just a port but it's my favourite DOOM

2 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

Ok, time to message my final picks for my favourite DOOM games in order

1. PSX DOOM

2. DOOM 64

3. Ultimate DOOM

4. DOOM 2016

5. DOOM Eternal

6. DOOM 3

7. Final DOOM

8. The Ancient Gods

9. DOOM 2

I haven't seen the ressuraction of evil yet. DOOM 2 has really shitty maps to say the truth and the only reason why I play it is because of the WADs and Mods. I know the PSX DOOM is just a port but it's my favourite DOOM

The PSX is a Playstation 1 Port. And doom 2 the last? 

In order:

1. Doom 64 + The Lost Levels

2. The Ultimate Doom (plus Sigil if you include that)

3. Doom II: Hell on Earth + The Master Levels for Doom II + No Rest for the Living

4. Doom (2016)

5. Doom Eternal + The Ancient Gods

6. Final Doom

7. Doom VFR

8. Literally anything else

9. Doom 3 + Resurrection of Evil + The Lost Mission

Of the ones I have played are (vanilla, not counting mods)

1- Doom Eternal

2- Doom 2016

3- Doom 64

4- Plutonia

5- Ultimate Doom

6- Doom 2

|

|

|

|

7- Master Levels

TNT    <----------- The best of them all. A lot of variety in it's maps, good gameplay in a lot of them and very good "realistic" environments.

DOOM1

DOOM2    <------------- Nice wad, with new monsters and the SSG :D

DOOM 64

DOOM 3  <-------Not a bad game, but, it's missing something

MASTER LEVELS
PLUTONIA  <-------------The worst of them all. Using the most annoying enemies to artificially increase the difficulty and unfair traps is just BS

45 minutes ago, J.Argon said:

Don't get me started with the Bethesda's Dooms.... they are both garbage.

No, they are good games. DOOM 2016 is badass, DOOM Eternal is, eh..... fine?

22 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

MASTER LEVELS
PLUTONIA  <-------------The worst of them all. Using the most annoying enemies to artificially increase the difficulty and unfair traps is just BS

I just find a guy that non-ironically thinks that the master levels are better than plutonia

1 minute ago, El juancho said:

I just find a guy that non-ironically thinks that the master levels are better than plutonia

Bring in a revenant to see if his fists will accommodate his ideas

it's a joke

2 minutes ago, El juancho said:

Yup, that's me ;)

2 minutes ago, El juancho said:

wtf dude

XD. It's just my opinion, I personally find the master levels more interesting than Plutonia.

41 minutes ago, Lol 6 said:

TNT    <----------- The best of them all. A lot of variety in it's maps, good gameplay in a lot of them and very good "realistic" environments.

I remember when I was on a period where I was playing too much Final DOOM. TNT was my favourite WAD of all time while Plutonia was the WAD which I hated the most. I later changed my mind on some point, I don't hate Plutonia, TNT ain't my favourite anymore. I still prefer TNT more than Plutonia tho

8 hours ago, Teo Slayer said:

doom 2 is an addon or extension of doom 1993 and besides super shotgun new enemies and replace episodes one big for 30 levels and 2 secret replace 36 sewing all levels from episodes of which 32 and 4 are secret, in fact the old id software the fans by sold one and the same the same product, hmm, but they say that tag dilogy is money down the drain.

Edited by Wad overdose

2 minutes ago, Wad overdose said:

presumably doom 2 is an addon or extension of doom 1993 and besides super shotgun new enemies and replace episodes one big for 30 levels and 2 secret replace 36 sewing all levels from episodes of which 32 and 4 are secret, in fact the old id software the fans by sold one and the same the same product, hmm, but they say that tag dilogy is money down the drain.

I don't hate DOOM 2 but I don't like it as much as the others. I really loved TNT's realistic maps, Plutonia's challenge and Ultimate DOOM's techbases. I don't have something that I love from DOOM 2, even if it has the SSG and moar enemies

58 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

No, they are good games. DOOM 2016 is badass, DOOM Eternal is, eh..... fine?

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Teo Slayer said:

I don't hate DOOM 2 but I don't like it as much as the others. I really loved TNT's realistic maps, Plutonia's challenge and Ultimate DOOM's techbases. I don't have something that I love from DOOM 2, even if it has the SSG and moar enemies

yes, I wanted to say that the ultimate doom and doom 2 is one and the same game, I don’t hate it myself, I like the ultimate doom more, but I can’t make a top one yet, because while I’m playing the first two , doom 3 i hasn’t been finished and his dlc's and I can't say so far in what place I would put it, and I haven't played new games on the neutral side,i when   finished  them, I will also include them in the top, I like this the series    experimenting  and she does not stand still.

Ultimate doom closely followed by plutonia. Actually like all episodes of ultimate doom although episode one is favourite 

1- Final Doom

2- Doom 64

3- Ultimate Doom

4- Doom 3

5- Doom 2

6- Sigil

I didn't include DOOM 2016 and DOOM Eternal because I don't have a good PC for playing 'em.

Might as well rate them all?

1. Doom 64: Not the Doom experience people are most familiar with, but its looks and atmosphere remains unmatched. It's the right mixture between sheer bloodbath and abject terror. Also deserves lots of credit for its consistent quality level-wise, you've done well when your worst level in the game is still okay. The new additions to the Doom engine allow for beautiful and creative level design that couldn't be done in the original games.

2. Ultimate Doom: The classic set of maps that started it all is way too iconic to ever be left behind. Episodes 1 and 2 are classics to my eyes, Episode 3 falters a bit due to confusing level design and Episode 4 still feels like an afterthought cooked up for the Windows 95 port. Gets bonus points nowadays because SIGIL, despite being non-canon, was a great set of levels for the original game that sit alongside Doom's best levels.

3. Doom Eternal: I hated this game at first. It destroyed me. It made me feel I was bad at FPSes. But I gave it another chance and I'm glad I did. The story is lame and contributes next to nothing, but the star of the show is its gameplay and it certainly does great. The moment you start mastering the combat loop of this game leads to this zen-like trance moment where you do all of these complicated actions unconsciously and murder demons non-stop. Didn't play its expansions yet so it doesn't get rated.

4. Doom 2016: Eternal's older and not as cool brother. Still did a really good job rebooting the series with fast-paced and brutal combat. I'm a little more partial to this game's storyline just because I love how pissed the Doom marine is at the UAC, Samuel and the whole game's plot. This game did help send the message that simple shooters still could do great today and I'm graceful for that.

5. Doom 2: All of its beauty is under the hood. Level design is mostly questionnable, especially as you enter Map 12 and venture beyond the city levels. But the super shotgun and new enemy roster is something no Doom fan will ever be able to live without. And while level design is not the best, it still has a few gems in the rough and Maps 1-11 are still mostly a great time.

6. Plutonia Experiment: Its balls-hard aesthetic is not for everyone, but whoever fancies a challenge will have a field day with it. It's hard, sometimes brutally unfair (Speed and The Twilight anyone?) but its creativity and craft is undeniable. For a long time, this pack finds new and unique ways to torment you and make you feel great every time you beat a stage. It's only rated this low because it's not something I'm always in the mood for, plus it could have had more enemy variety, as I swear over the three quarters of the WAD's monsters are revenants and chaingunners.

7. Doom 3: A weird and flawed experiment. It goes for a more survival horror vibe, except you never really have ammo problems so resource management (which is to me a key element in a survival horror game) is never a problem. Also what's with the System Shock 2 PDA logs? Great looks, but sadly the gameplay is not as great. Enemy encounters get very samey and repetitive so most of the game's horror feel is wiped out as you start learning the patterns of enemy encounters. Also not a fan of having lots of dialogues without a subtitle option. I'm not rating its expansion since it's mostly more of the same, but the super shotgun and runes make it more fun to play than the base game. (Lost Missions from the BFG Edition is zzzzzzz)

8. TNT Evilution: Boring and dull. Most levels feel like they're hallways full of zombiemen, shotgun guys and chaingunners that exist just to boost the enemy count. A lot of encounters feel like there was no thought put behind them. Also lots of levels devolve into mazes with the occasional obtuse puzzle to solve to go forward. It's in a similar vein to Doom 2's main campaign, but harder and more tedious. I like Wormhole and uh... what else?

9. The Master Levels: I finally played them lately (thank you new Doom 2 port!) and oof. Some levels are ok and fun to play, others are pretty impressive to look at for the time but almost all of them play horribly now. The worst recurring problem of many of these maps is that the way forward through many of the maps is incredibly obtuse and require either finding secrets, going on switch hunts that don't dictate well where you should go next or revolve around incredibly gimmicky gameplay. I have yet to finish Express Elevator To Hell and I don't think I'll finish it, because fighting monsters in tiny hallways and rooms is the opposite of fun to me!

1 - Final Doom

2 - The Ultimate Doom

3 - Doom II

4 - Doom 64

5 - Doom 3

I still didn't play Doom 2016 and Doom Eternal because my PC can't run them :(

Doom & Doom II are my favorites. I only had the shareware of Doom before I got Doom II, so I didn’t get to play Ultimate Doom in its entirety until after I had completed Doom II. The first game feels like they wanted it to be perfect but the sequel feels like they already knew it was perfect and did what they wanted. Likely that isn’t entirely true but it’s how I felt about the difference in level design at least, sure not everyone who’s played agreed with their design decisions between the two games. So it’s hard to decide which I prefer but I love both fairly equally.