Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KeaganDunn

Interstice - Short, linear puzzle map [Boom CP]

In the final exit room you can make it out and get softlocked before the door closes.

Other than that, took me about 10 minutes without accounting for saving and loading, and probably about 20 minutes to finish on my first try.

24 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Nice little map! Had some problem progressing at some parts, but overall really fun

Thanks for the video! However, it seems that the recording began with you trying to hit the switch and ended abruptly in the glowing computer box room. Oh well

With your comments on Discord and the video here, it seems like you found the blue key, but didn't experiment with it afterwards... ;)

9 hours ago, Engired said:

In the final exit room you can make it out and get softlocked before the door closes.

Other than that, took me about 10 minutes without accounting for saving and loading, and probably about 20 minutes to finish on my first try.

Thanks for playing! I made the fix here; will do the same on my site when I'm up for it again :P

Oof! 

Was experimenting with video recorders since OBS got cranky lately, and this is what I get for giving it one last chance >:(

Spoiler

I did rocket jump to use blue key though, but it took me more than 10 mins to figure out the megasphere had an actual purpose other than... healing.

So I played through the map on HNTR, here are some impressions.

In a nutshell, the map is really cool! I liked the almost sort of minimalistic visuals, with the predominantly brown aesthetic. The layout would otherwise leave a lot to be desired, but it works for the map's particular gameplay style. But the puzzles are the definite highlight of the map - they're really inventive and make you actually pay attention to your surroundings. The opening section with the "AV surveillance" was a nice and somewhat humorous touch, not-so-subtly hinting you not to fire your gun (which I admittedly only realized after trying it).

The only part of the map I wasn't a big fan of was the battle right before the exit - with only the SSG, the Chaingunners and Revs were an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. And when you add the AV, it becomes even more so with his ability to resurrect the other monsters. But then, I only ended up exploring a relatively small portion of the map and finishing it with a measly 29% kills.

Overall, a great map. I'm tempted to give it another go and see if I can 100% it.

9 hours ago, MFG38 said:

So I played through the map on HNTR, here are some impressions.

Overall, a great map. I'm tempted to give it another go and see if I can 100% it.

Thanks so much for playing, MFG!

About the "finale" you got stuck on, did you not have the rocket launcher? From the room with the HKs, zombies, and Revs? It's pretty much a requirement and it can't be missed. I'm concerned about this.

I would recommend exploring it a bit more if you want. ;)

Edited by Dunn (& Dunn)

Updated the WAD. Secrets are still the same, the walkthrough I posted still helps.

Thanks @Jimmy for the playthrough over on Twitch!

v1.1 - 

- Altered some fights on HNTR and progression in two parts have been made more obvious across the board
- Stupid useless barrel secret is now a shotgunner in front of an outdoor vista.
- A bit more ammo in the glowing room area on UV, mainly for the extra encounter in there

15 hours ago, Dunn (& Dunn) said:

About the "finale" you got stuck on, did you not have the rocket launcher?

I did have the RL but just didn't realize to use it. Either that or I was out of rockets - I forget which was the case.

3 hours ago, Astro X said:

@Dunn (& Dunn) maybe you wanna change the berserk secret or the red key section...

-video-

I just tried this for myself and yeah, it's actually very doable. haha

I'm debating whether or not to leave this as a special option. It does exploit the concept of not firing a shot, but it is slower and not ideal for speedruns... ;|

Cool map. The bfg-spam part was very satisfying after an hour of wandering around :) Other encounters are also nicely designed, difficultywise pretty enjoyable, maybe a bit on the easier side (comparing to similar ribbiks stuff). I liked how you try to confuse the player (fake switches, etc) in a couple of places. 

Hey, I finally got back to your map to beat it this time.

I realized I did not redownload it --' so I played the earlier version of it. I beat it faster than expected, so I get lost a bit during the video lol