Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Angry Quilt 2 - for Ultimate Doom (Development Thread)

I will need some time tomorrow, it seems. I hope that's OK.

Wasn't exactly planning on being handed such strict guideline and having a busy week, but tomorrow should be mostly free.
I have a fairly decent concept of what I can put on the square.

I'm excited to see what you make myself! Remember not to try and keep polishing everything too much, that almost cost me my square lmao

5 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I will need some time tomorrow, it seems. I hope that's OK.

Wasn't exactly planning on being handed such strict guideline and having a busy week, but tomorrow should be mostly free.
I have a fairly decent concept of what I can put on the square.

Ok, as long as you can complete your segment by tomorrow I've got no issues there.

I too am excited to see what you come up with. 

I have a complaint about sector 1, less of a bug, more of an annoyance. If you fall of the stairs at the start, you become trapped by a barrel and can't escape without exploding it in your face.

3 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I have a complaint about sector 1, less of a bug, more of an annoyance. If you fall of the stairs at the start, you become trapped by a barrel and can't escape without exploding it in your face.

This happened to me immediately on my first playthrough as well :p. I just restarted and learned a lesson about having a look first before jumping down next to barrels.

8 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

Typically I'd encourage mappers not to try to convince other mappers how to design their squares, but this seems like a glaring oversight on my part.

Considering it was mentioned by 2 separate mappers. When all the squares are completed and we are ready to bugfix the map I will move this barrel and fix the misalignment in my square.

3 hours ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

Alright, I'll get started later on in the day!

Great! I look forward to seeing what you come up with!

I've got an idea for the future project. Have mancs and barons of hell in each segment and one segment has an exit tagged 666.

We can call it "Big game hunter".

Hi, my square just done recently (you really don't want to know how the process looks like), what do you think of this decent mediocre map? Sorry for the blurry images, my screen is not even reaching 900p. I'll upload the map SOON (tm).

(yes, it's a tyson map intentionally)

Screenshot_2.png.9b0f7ec5ec74c7c5ad0da7ffe88f5e6e.png

The lightning is actually much darker if you play in software modeScreenshot_3.png.61db332157aaaae54e3ed1b8fc01ac46.png

8 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

Hi, my square just done recently (you really don't want to know how the process looks like), what do you think of this decent mediocre map? Sorry for the blurry images, my screen is not even reaching 900p. I'll upload the map SOON (tm).

(yes, it's a tyson map intentionally)

Screenshot_2.png.9b0f7ec5ec74c7c5ad0da7ffe88f5e6e.png

The lightning is actually much darker if you play in software modeScreenshot_3.png.61db332157aaaae54e3ed1b8fc01ac46.png

This looks awesome! Just remember not to add this to the map until it's you're turn.

5 hours ago, Bobby “lolmcswagger” said:

I'm uploading this unfinished cause I was really busy the past few days. I'll finish it when V7 comes around

AngryQuilt2v04.zip

No worries! I'm excited to see what you've added.

Seeing that I already had finished my submission earlier on in this project, I'll spend some time tomorrow including it into AQ2v04. 

I did some design polish and whatnot in the meantime. This should be good. 

Clippy your avatar is perhaps one of the best things on this forum. RIP Lahey.

On a more serious note, having played Bobby  “lolmcswagger”'s segment I see what you mean about your spot being unfinished.

When everybody completes their spots feel free to add revisions to your square. It's good but it's definitely very bare.

Alright, folks, I'm basically done with my map submission. Here is it :

AngryQuilt2v05.zip

What you need to know :

- Features ammunition for the rocket launcher, for those willing to put it later on;

- Features a two-way door access to Square 9, as well as a switch levering down access to Square 6 and 9 (mind the height difference !);

- Features the Chainsaw as an available weapon;

- Features the second secret of the entire mapset (hint : angrily pressing a certain portion of Square 5 might help), giving off a Berserk Pack for the player;

- Features a new enemy type : four Lost Souls, ferociously guarding those precious rocket boxes;

- Huge focus on Former Humans / Sergeants, with a bit of Imps / Demons sprinkled in, and a cherry cacodemon on top of it;

It's your turn, @Snaxalotl. Good luck to you ! :D

Done! Unless something needs to be fixed lol.

AngryQuilt2v06.zip

Oh and I have a tiny bit of space with the two barred doors in my square, I left it undetailed for now so the next person can decide what area that should be. I didn't want to box them into one choice.

@ThatWeNGuy

I now realized it would be possible to get to my segment (3) from the upcoming (7) from a weird point.

Perhaps it would make sense to make that part inaccessible except from sector 3 - like, say, turn you sector into a pit with a balcony, but containing something valuable, like a key or a switch that could be used to progress through your sector in some direction. Or have a bridge that goes from 3 to, say, 8 while ground level would connect 6 with 12. Something like this. A door could probably be added to separate my sector from yours as well.

Well I just played the latest build. This is actually turning into quite an impressive map so far!

A few bugs but we can bug fix everything once the segments are completed. I look forward to what you come up with ThatWeNGuy.

@ThatWeNGuy what's the status on your section?

Each participant gets 2 whole days (48 hours) to complete their segment, just to keep progress moving on the map.

Tomorrow @DynamiteKaitorn may start their square if ThatWeNGuy is not ready to post their section.

Essentially the que will just skip this spot and continue with other participants then loop back once the other spots are completed. I believe a similar arrangement will happen with Bobby lolmcswagger to complete his section as well as it was pretty bare.