Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Big Ol Billy

DBK01: Dungeon Synths (final version released)

Also, if you want to define a bunch of settings that apply to all maps, like nojump, instead of copy pasting these lines to every map you can just place a defaultmap {} block at the start of your mapinfo. Saves you some headache if you want to go back and make changes later.

This was a great set!  I loved the theme and the music, plus there were some really cool ideas sprinkled throughout.

Spoiler

I did encounter one bug in map06 where you can climb behind the switch shown in this screenshot and then fall behind the fence, where I don't believe there's any way out.

DBK01_map06_bug.png.b3af3c44f6ed3edf09e0f2905f4a2359.png

Thanks @Vile, glad you enjoyed it! Good catch on that softlock, it'll be fixed in RC2 along with some other improvements. Still have some more playthroughs to watch first... 

Part 2 hehe :^)

And the finale. I really enjoyed this mapset. I cannot wait to see more terrific projects from the Digital Bards Krew. Rock on, guys!

Edited by Biodegradable

That was brilliant guys! One of the most unique Doom WAD themes I've ever played. Especially MAP05 and MAP07 do some original things with the sound, also the final boss is great concept too. I am finishing a longplay video too.

p.s. correction, MAP05 (the one with silence areas)

p.p.s. I also make a video as always (wasted too much time trying to find those secrets unfortunately)

Edited by Optimus

Just finished, this was fantastic.  I loved how every map stayed true to the theme.  Something about the atmosphere reminded me a lot of the Spooktober Community Project which is one of my favorite Zdoom specific wads to date.  Can't wait to see more of these, keep it up :)

Videos will be up in early August, will post them here then.

First 3 videos published today, the rest will publish over the next couple of days:

EDIT: All episodes are now published.

Edited by VanaheimRanger

So much fun playing this, cool concept. I was wondering if the guys on the texture windows were actually real musicians

and then I found one with Mortiis, everything makes sense now haha. Cant wait to finish the whole set.

Bit late to this party; but thanks for this, a good set as always.
Here's a video of me playing Map 5 (Setting the Tone) in Walp:

This one was my favourite with the sweet use of the silent greyscale areas!

RC2 is up in the OP! If nothing else pops up this bad boy will be off to idgames in the near future. DBK02 starting up soon! XD

Changes:

• Difficulty settings have been refined and tested more extensively
  • Addressed performance issues, especially on MAP02 and MAP03
  • Fixed a softlock on MAP06
  • More special touches on a few maps
  • Some refinements on boss and credit maps
  • Text file with info and credits now included
  • Other random texture/alignment/etc fixes along the way

14 hours ago, LadyMistDragon said:

By "soon" I assume you mean two months from now? :P

Hopefully not! Looking more like the beginning of October, although it’s true it’s been especially hard to predict things lately, even by my standards. But one of the motivations for the DBK series was to have something with a less relentless pace, both for polishing and personal sanity purposes XD

Sorry for bumping such an old thread, but it seems it was updated recently and the final release did happen in February.

This might be one of my favorite gzdoom-oriented wads now.

Tons of custom scripting, 3d verticality and just fun stuff in general, and all of it is executed really well and smooth!