Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Engired

Try to recreate Doom 2 from memory! (Finished)

14 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

i'm dropping my MAP08 slot because i give up on making the stairs in the pinky room work there's so many things going on right now, sorry, anyone can pick it up.

I'll take it from here if noone wants to work on Map08, I guess.

Erm, I said I'll take the Map08 slot. Pretty please.

Edited by thiccyosh : Request made more clear.

1 hour ago, Zulk RS said:

I have a question: Do I need make this map work on all difficulties like HMP and HNTRN? Because I kinda only remember the monster and ammo placement of UV and vaguely remember HMP. No idea about the other difficulty settings.

It could be better if you design spawn spots specially for all difficulties, but you can just do for UV and include all things to be in HMP/HNTRN. The game still work different with different difficulties even if you dealing with same amount of monsters (ammo/health multipliers)

I only remembered the maps on UV aswell, but I still balanced for lower skills, I use more creative liberty there as I've got no clue the monster or ammo balance of the original hmp and hntr. Personally using best judgement and doing your own skill adjustment may be good enough even if not fully "correct" to the original map.

I have the feeling my request didn't get through properly, so I will say it again:

I'll take the Map08 slot.

1 hour ago, thiccyosh said:

I have the feeling my request didn't get through properly, so I will say it again:

I'll take the Map08 slot.

Engired are quite slow at editing his post (hell, my map get in the first post after 2 weeks i think), so i guess you just wait, see where the one get first...

2 hours ago, lokbustam257 said:

Engired are quite slow at editing his post

Ah ok, I thought I fricked up somewhere, but that makes it more clear. Thanks!

sorry for this to come all of sudden but im droping the project some of you might have noticed that i am not being too active around here thing is im taking a break from doom and social media in general

also my map wasn't really working out i was trying to do stuff and i would always have problem with scaling or decorations and things like that my memory of circle of death is really good after almost 2 months without playing it i still remember every platform every secret and every enemy but my skill as a mapper just wasnt keeping up so i was spending too much time correcting my mistakes and not mapping so i was taking too much time to do it and it was causing me a lot of anxiety

these two last months were hell to me i was having problems with hardware breaking while i am unemployed with people in my family having some serious health problems and i was without medication with made things a lot worse so i was having a full blown anxiety crisis over everything

sorry for the tone of the post im not trying to get pity points or anything like that i just thing you all deserve a reason for why i stopped posting here so sorry for everything but i think it will be better if i drop the project

if one day i finish my map i will post here as kinda of a bonus though it wont be anytime soon

since INTERPIC was added if no new contributors wanna claim it anytime soon, I can opt to redraw it next weekend

Any chance we could get a compilation/WAD of the submitted materials at some point? might be nice for playtesting purposes.

3 hours ago, omalefico32x said:

if one day i finish my map i will post here as kinda of a bonus though it wont be anytime soon

If you and the project leader are ok with it, would it be fine for me to finish your map? I think it's kind of a waste to make a level and then not releasing it.

Also, get well! It sucks having to fight mental issues while everthing just keeps getting worse around you, I have been there too...

I wanna take Map08.. I'm frigging drunk so let's see if I can do it less than 12 hours lmao

18 hours ago, thiccyosh said:

Ah ok, I thought I fricked up somewhere, but that makes it more clear. Thanks!

I only have a few hours most days where I can update things. Haven't missed anyone, just haven't been online to see it. It'll always be within 24 hours though, assuming I don't forget.

13 hours ago, DFF said:

Any chance we could get a compilation/WAD of the submitted materials at some point? might be nice for playtesting purposes.

I released one in the update post. It's currently up to date, I'll try to update it whenever something gets released.

10 hours ago, thiccyosh said:

If you and the project leader are ok with it, would it be fine for me to finish your map? I think it's kind of a waste to make a level and then not releasing it.

Also, get well! It sucks having to fight mental issues while everthing just keeps getting worse around you, I have been there too...

Doomkid had to forfeit his map to someone else in the doom 1 from memory project, if that's what it comes to, it's fine.

On 9/19/2021 at 2:04 AM, DFF said:

I only remembered the maps on UV aswell, but I still balanced for lower skills, I use more creative liberty there as I've got no clue the monster or ammo balance of the original hmp and hntr. Personally using best judgement and doing your own skill adjustment may be good enough even if not fully "correct" to the original map.

If possible, using doom 2's ratios of 1 enemy per difficulty is best. Use your best judgement though. We will be having all difficulty settings cared for, and maybe coop and deathmatch if we can do it.

11 hours ago, Vaeros said:

I wanna take Map08.. I'm frigging drunk so let's see if I can do it less than 12 hours lmao

I think thiccyosh took it just a couple of posts above yours

I would like to say that we need some seriously messed up maps. One or two, people seem to love them for some reason. Probably because it's a total failure of memory. If you want to get your map done quickly, do a beginner level job at it. Just don't go too far.

40 minutes ago, Engired said:

I would like to say that we need some seriously messed up maps. One or two, people seem to love them for some reason. Probably because it's a total failure of memory. If you want to get your map done quickly, do a beginner level job at it. Just don't go too far.

Please don't, I'd rather the mapper have legit poor memory to make a legit poor representation of the map rather than it being forced.

48 minutes ago, Engired said:

I wasn't intending on this happening but somehow I think my MAP08 is going to end up messed up. I blew both of my "Look at Map" cards right on Day 1 and now whenever I'm getting stuck, I'm fumbling my way through it. With every day that passes, my fresh memory of MAP08 is getting less fresh.

3 hours ago, kasin said:

I think thiccyosh took it just a couple of posts above yours

Oh I didn't noticed that, sorry.

wait oh no it was zulk who claimed it even before that! @Vaeros, did you already do yours tho? I'd like to see it regardless if so

2 hours ago, kasin said:

it was zulk who claimed it even before that!

Oh, kinda didn't see that. Oh well, now I have my own version of Map08 I guess. A bit messy with the map slots in the list but won't argue just to be fair. Zulk can keep his slot it he wants to.

1 minute ago, thiccyosh said:

Oh, kinda didn't see that. Oh well, now I have my own version of Map08 I guess. A bit messy with the map slots in the list but won't argue just to be fair. Zulk can keep his slot it he wants to.

do you still wanna share?

You could easily share map8. Just do one or more rooms per mapper. Might even enhance the "what's behind this door" chaos of the original

(Just make sure all the tags are correct in the final version)

I'm so confused right now, but first of all why Project lead don't even update the Map list slots?

Anyway, to make things easier I'll decline to make Map08. I made some mapping stuff there but isn't too much so not big deal... I was heavily drunk yesterday so I apologize for that. lol

2 hours ago, Vaeros said:

why Project lead don't even update the Map list slots?

The project leader said he doesn't have a lot of time updating the project page, and hence the messy problem of map08.

@Engired I think you missed @roadworx's post, but they said they wanted to drop map10. I'll volunteer to do that one (this time, without looking at the original map at all, so that it's extra cursed), unless Roadworx has changed their mind.

Anyways, I'll take over map11, as map08 was already taken. Just saying this in hopes this becomes less cluttered and messy than it already is.

Oh! @omalefico32x would you mind sharing your version of map11? So I can finish your work properly and submit it here? Pretty please?

49 minutes ago, LiquidDoom said:

I want a slot 8, please

I'm sorry for backseating this project so much, but it's been taken altho not updated