Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xdude_gamer

Favorite band?

14 hours ago, Mr. Freeze said:

Tossup between Metallica and Offspring, two bands that made me pick up a guitar for the first time. 

Offspring! Woot!

For me probably: Death, Obituary, Napalm Death, Sepultura, Carcass, Possessed, At The Gates, Slayer & Morbid Angel. It's too hard to pick just one.

Hint, Kill the thrill, Jeff Beck, Motörhead, Napalm death, Neil Young, Deutsch Nepal, Hubert-Félix Thiéfaine, Killing Joke, Magma, Rory Gallagher, The Legendary Pink Dots, Dead Can Dance, Glenn Branca, JJ Cale, Summoning, Nile, Sonic Youth, Ministry, Depeche Mode, Monster Magnet, Frank Zappa, Pink Floyd, Opeth, Ultravox…

Edited by ducon

Genesis always, but after that, a little known prog band Bubblemath. I also like a lot of classic prog like Van der Graaf Generator, Yes, and Emerson Lake and Palmer. Modern bands I really like include Wobbler, Dream Theater, Tool, and Birds and Buildings.

Can't choose one, so I'll pick five which are all my favourite, depending on the day I'm asked:

Ministry

Tom Waits

Frank Zappa

Chimaira

Shpongle

Black Sabbath then Soundgarden then Kyuss then Tool then it becomes a toss up between CCR or Jethro Tull or The Beatles or Pink Floyd or The Kinks, etc. whatever I'm currently in the mood for as my temporary happy place.

Black Sabbath has been my favorite the longest and most frequently given that title.

Just now, joepallai said:

Black Sabbath then Soundgarden then Kyuss then Tool then it becomes a toss up between CCR or Jethro Tull or The Beatles or Pink Floyd or The Kinks, etc. whatever I'm currently in the mood for as my temporary happy place.

Black Sabbath has been my favorite the longest and most frequently given that title.

Black Sabbath is very cool.

I probably have shitty tastes in music. I'll just go with music that are actually from bands.

I'll start out as an angsty teen and say Korn. I have most of Slipknot's albums, for some reason and I listen to them now and then. I also have most of Tool's albums, just Salival is hard to get without monies. I got into Gojira a few months back and their discography is all I've been listening to for the past few months.

4 minutes ago, Gangstalker said:

Megadeth, Dead Kennedys, and Johnny Cash.

Can't get much more concise and legendary than that. Dead Kennedys are awesome, Cash was cool as shit, and Megadeth is crazy

6 minutes ago, Gangstalker said:

Megadeth, Dead Kennedys, and Johnny Cash.

Also a fan of the Dead Kennedys & Megadeth, nice stuff.

1 hour ago, xdude_gamer said:

Can't get much more concise and legendary than that. Dead Kennedys are awesome, Cash was cool as shit, and Megadeth is crazy

Johnny Cash was the man

Just now, Dusty_Rhodes said:

Johnny Cash was the man

Only guy I know of who sang a song about a prison in the actual prison he was singing about, can't get much cooler than that

4 minutes ago, xdude_gamer said:

Only guy I know of who sang a song about a prison in the actual prison he was singing about, can't get much cooler than that

B.B King played his best set at Sing Sing...

2 minutes ago, Naarok0fkor said:

B.B King played his best set at Sing Sing...

Well, he's pretty cool too, I didn't know he did that :)

1 minute ago, Naarok0fkor said:

I just found the full performance on Youtube...

Hmm, I might just check it out. Gotta love some BB King every once in a while.

I do love Led Zeppelin, they're one of my all time faves. I honestly have too many favorite bands to practically list em all..

- First on top of my list of favorite bands (and artists) is Blue Öyster Cult. Their stuff is legendary, and Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser remains the most unparalleled when it comes to both singing and guitar works.

- Next, Van Halen. I literally grew up with them, and might be completely biased towards them (VHIII is still a piece of trash album, though. So much wasted potential with Gary Cherone...).

- Then, many more bands in a non-specific order like Jefferson Starship, Judas Priest and Rush to name a few. Some whose albums I possess, some not, but all equally given the same amount of love and passion.

- Since I'm a filthy French guy, I'd also like to mention both Gojira (Heavy Metal) and most pillars of the French Hard Rock Wave (Trust / Vulcain / ADX / Sortilège / H-Bomb) as well. It's good shit if you're into that.

Aside from all that, I'm not too picky about genres. I wasted more than 10 years listening to Vaporwave / Future Funk tracks, and been vibing to indie stuff like Drab Majesty. Though, I'd say I'm currently giving a shot at James Paddock's entire catalog on Bandcamp as inspirational music.

That's about it, I guess.